Becoming an author and getting paid for it for a change (hopefully)

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I just wanted to stop by and say Hi to all the peeps. I know I haven't been on for a long while. I've been having a marked decrease in Muppety good vibes lately. I've been kind of blah lately, over the years, though Gotham and The Exorcist have been my favorite tv shows to date. I'm a nurse and a lot of family drama's been going on too and a lot of things that used to bring me joy just seem to be time fillers.

I wrote fanfiction a lot over the years, from Pokemon to an entire "Hensonverse", including fics regarding Muppet Central's own Hensonville, characters and interactions I kind of miss sometimes. Anyway, the 21st century has taught me there are publishing options for original works which don't include me paying someone thousands of dollars. eBooks are a joy because other than my time, there's no real cost. (There's also no real moolah yet, as I've just started and I've made 35 cents so far, LOL.)

My first book published to Amazon Kindle is a modern mythological story. I'm kind of on a pre-Jewish kick right now and am intrigued by stories about pantheons that predate the bible. It's kind of short, just about 60 pages in 6x9 inch mode, so that's why I only charged 99 cents for it. However, it lead me to think about a much better idea for a bigger universe.

My second book will be about the first Puppet President. It's less "Sesame Street Goes to Washington" and more "Who Framed Roger Rabbit in the White House" in terms of tone. It was inspired by a puppet I got from a member here and I deeply apologize as I can't remember who, as it's been years, but I've had her all this time in fond remembrance:
https://www.facebook.com/KLeydeFenix/

It's not going to be a kid's book, much like the first one isn't. Essentially, after the events of the first book, a lot went on and the gods got tired of humanity's problems and "New Life" has begun, with inanimate objects like puppets and cybernetic beings like robots and AI are becoming sentient, which is met with mixed views, ranging from "meh" to "OMG HUMANS ONLY" stuff. It's going to be a long road to the Inauguration, and I hope she makes it out okay. :smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Ah, as it turns out, it was BooberFraggle who made the puppet in my avatar. Apparently I kept the private messages where I ordered her. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh, I'm always intrigued by something that delves into mythology. Your second book makes me think it'd play well with what we're hoping for from the potential upcoming Happy Times Murders puppet noire movie whenever that gets finished/released. Always makes me smile to hear what you're up to. :smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Heh, I'm always intrigued by something that delves into mythology. Your second book makes me think it'd play well with what we're hoping for from the potential upcoming Happy Times Murders puppet noire movie whenever that gets finished/released. Always makes me smile to hear what you're up to. :smile:
I've put the puppet one on hold for now. Horrendous writer's block. My second book is more a story of my spiritual journey.

If anyone's interested in reading El and the Dragon (if books had ratings, it'd be at least PG 13 if not R in spots, mostly for language but also content), it would be here: https://www.amazon.com/El-Dragon-K-...=1519269028&sr=8-9&keywords=el+and+the+dragon . It's only available on Kindle (edit: or anything that will display kindle ebooks) because it's too short for paperback, or so Amazon tells me. :smile: