Bad Muppet Rumors

PopoverFroggy

Reaction score
Inside sources have provided me with bad rumors about the state of the Muppets...

Rumor has it that the Saban deal has fallen through, which on the surface sounds like good news. However, EMTV has allegedly decided to stop paying for storage of the Henson archives, and thus trash it. A few things have been saved by folks but it could be very bad indeed. Worse case scenario -- the Muppets become a property owned by the bank and only the library would be kept.
The Archives and other Henson artifacts would be destroyed.

I am really hoping these are just rumors.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
PopoverFroggy,

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts. It is indeed a monumental time right now for Henson.

Things appear very good on the surface with everything going on, but the current state of ownership is quickly coming to a boil.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Saban

It would appear that the Saban talks might be over, there has not been a word about it since October. Let hope this rumor not true and someone will come through epspecially, umm. guess.:big_grin:

SuprGro78

Reaction score
A friend of mine who used to intern at the henson studios told me that the Hensons (or at least Lisa and Brian) actually own the old charlie chaplin studio lot and EMTV pays them rent. (Which I believe is a brilliant Idea) I don't see any reason why the stuff there (which is pretty cool BTW) would be destroyed or why more things couldn't be stored there.

PopoverFroggy

Reaction score
From what I understand it's the stuff in storage in New York
that's been affected. One of the reasons there's no Henson Puppetry Festival this year is that the Henson Foundation had no office, as EMTV closed it to save money. So I wouldn't put it past them to do irrational things like the rumors indicate.

I don't think Disney is in the running anymore -- Eisner's bought too much lately for the board to approve a Muppet purchase.

Feeling like showing up over there in a big truck labelled
"Puppet Disposal Service"

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by PopoverFroggy

Feeling like showing up over there in a big truck labelled
"Puppet Disposal Service"
Can I nominate which puppet should be disposed of first?

(Hint: He's green and has been known to soil leather furniture in response to human females in a pathetic attempt to appeal to an "adult" audience)

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I think that now Companys know Henson are going down, They will just wait until they are the cheapest they will get.

Maybe even bankrupt ?

And then buy em...
Its logical.

See ya

tomahawk

Reaction score
Originally posted by murgatoad
Can I nominate which puppet should be disposed of first?

(Hint: He's green and has been known to soil leather furniture in response to human females in a pathetic attempt to appeal to an "adult" audience)
well, we are all adults, right?

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by tomahawk
well, we are all adults, right?
Yes, but this adult doesn't find such behavior appealing. FWIW.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
The Archives and other Henson artifacts would be destroyed.

If they were distroyed i would tie whoever was responsable's colen in a knot! pardent my French, but couldn't they just be moved or donated to a musem/musems maybe even sell them to make money, i don't know, better then being distroyed.

Zack)Rowlf the, i was diging in my local dump yard and i foundy really nice puppets of kermit,piggy,fozzie,grover,cookie monster and oscar! Only i left oscar because he told me he was happy there...then he tolf me to scram...;-)j/kDog.