Art of the Muppets exhibit New Orleans 1981

frogtownhollow

Reaction score
Recently, I saw a short video of The Art of the Muppets exhibit taken in 1985. In it were all of the things I remember seeing, along with the "new" exhibits of Fraggle Rock and The Muppet Babies. I say "new" because I saw the exhibit in New Orleans in 1981.

However, in the video from 1985, The Dark Crystal is represented with a Mystic, several Skeksis, Pod People, and Auhgra.

I may be crazy, but for some reason, in my mind I THINK I remember seeing a Mystic on display there. I even remember the sand art he was creating in the display. I know that The Dark Crystal came out in 1982, and I saw this exhibit in 1981, but do you think it was possible? Could it have been included at the time as a "coming soon from Henson" sort of a thing?

I was only 7 at the time, so I could be wrong.

This is really bothering me, because I know it seems unlikely due to the dates, but the memory is there. Did anyone else see the exhibit at the same time as me? And if so, did we see a Mystic?

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi
Only a theory! As the dark crystal premiered in 1982 it would seem highly possible that filming was completed during 81 meaning the puppets did exist and probably were included in the exhibit!

Chris