Anyone remember Animal Jam?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Now it's time to shine some much needed light on one of The Henson Company's most criminally underrated creations.

Animal Jam was a favorite of mine when I was a kid. My favorite character was probably the zebra (I forget her name). I really was in love with her back then. No, I didn't like have a crush on her or anything. I just thought she was really adorable and funny.

I remember when the video game called Animal Jam came out and all the kids at school were obsessed with it. I told a couple of my friends that Animal Jam was also the name of a Jim Henson TV show at lunch one day and they didn't believe me. So I brought up a clip of it on one of the library computers and they all thought it was cool.

I even remember one of the girls in my class attaching a cutout photo of Bozark the Elephant onto her locker at one point. Keep in mind that we were at that rebellious age where little kids shows were usually just mocked and ridiculed. But even the 5th Graders who found it hilarious to hate on what they considered baby shows couldn't help but love that obscure piece of Muppet brilliance that was Animal Jam.

But ever since then, I've hardly heard anyone even mention the show. Some of the biggest Muppet enthusiasts I know don't even have a clue what Animal Jam is. It's kind of sad to see such a cool part of my childhood to fade into such unnecessary obscurity.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The zebra's name was Edi, performed by Leslie Carrara-Rudolph (hence sounding like Abby Cadabby); meanwhile, Waffle was performed by Rickey Boyd, who actually hails from my state of Tennessee, so that's quite an authentic southern accent Waffle has.

Bozark always bothered me, though: the lighting, his movements, it was all very disorienting.

The DJs were perhaps my favorite characters, what with their reactions and commentary, as well as their quirky personalities.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I remember this show used to air in the morning on TLC (back when it was still "The Learning Channel). I thought it was kind of boring, tbh, but I loved the elephant.
I think The Animal Show with Finn Stinky and Jake was pretty underrated

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I remember this show used to air in the morning on TLC (back when it was still "The Learning Channel). I thought it was kind of boring, tbh, but I loved the elephant.
I think The Animal Show with Finn Stinky and Jake was pretty underrated
Finn and Jake lol. Nice reference :smile: