Anyone have a theory?

CherryPizza

Reaction score
My Schleich-gathering mission continues to thrive.

A new bulk lot of items arrived in the mail today, and this one has me scratching my head:

One look at that red collar and you, like me, would probably conclude that it must be a bootleg.

Alas, look at the bottom of the figure, and there in all its glory is:

The very copyright details and Schleich imprint that is present on all of the regular Kermits.

I am at a complete loss to explain this. Would any of you good folk have a theory, a hypothesis, a hunch or an inkling as to how this combination of odd colour scheme/standard copyright details would have occurred?

muppetperson

Reaction score
I would say that someone has just painted it themselves after buying it.

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Not sure about that. The painting isn't flawless, but it is a factory-quality paint job.

Hubert

Reaction score
I have a lot of theories, actually. One is about a big bang and then-

Oh, wait, I guess I should actually read the thread...

Well, there's multiple things that probably could have happened. The collar could have been painted. It could be bootlegged, but the person used the Schleich copyright imprint to make it look authentic. Also, it is a possibility the collar was made red. Could it have been something for Christmas (red and green)? Even the possibility that in the making of some, they got painted red instead of green.

Possibly you could get in contact with whoever/wherever you got him at. They might know something.

Hubert

Reaction score
So, let me get this straight:

The whole universe was in a hot dense state...?
Nah, I don't believe that theory. Sometimes I fib a bit to make jokes (if you want to call them that) better.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
That's just weird looking apparently even Kermit needs a change of color sometimes. :stick_out_tongue: But seriously I think it's more then likely someone painted it. For what reason though I have no clue.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Sorry to bump. I saw this today. Strange! They say it's Fozzie. :smirk:

Vincent L

Reaction score
It's Fozzie all right, but the painting doesn't seem very high quality.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Sorry to bump. I saw this today. Strange! They say it's Fozzie. :smirk:
You have posted this in the wrong spot, as it is about Schleich PVCs, but to comment,this looks like someone has made this by casting from a Sigma Fozzie mug.They have lost the fur texture and gone wrong with the color scheme.