Anyone going to see Tangled?

muppet baby

Reaction score
I am so excited about the new Disney movie Tangled , it is a version of the fairy Tale Rapunzel about the baby that was stolen by a witch , and becomes a princess locked in a tower and you can only get in by climbing up her long braided hair , that her evil mother made her grow .

I have to say this is one of my favorite fairy tales that i have loved since i was a child and hoped hoped that Disney would do at some point .
I love how they used the title tangled ! Just wonderful . i am going to by the doll that is at Disney store.com plush doll from the show i have wanted a Rapunzel stuffed doll and to know that it is Disney wow , and want some colleble dolls for my Library a perfect and life long dream for my Disney collection .

This is going to have a comic feel i can see to the romance story of Rapunzel .
For those who go and see all disney flims in theatres are any of you all out there going ?

What do you think about disney doing a version of the CLassic fariy tale ?

What do you think about the fariry take Rapunzle in General my all time faverite non live action version of repunzle is the fearie tale theatre version with shelly duval .

i would not see any animated version because i wanted to only see a Disney animated version being such a big disney fan .

:smile::excited::excited:

So happy about tangled

Drtooth

Reaction score
What do you think about disney doing a version of the CLassic fariy tale ?
Almost sounds like they're 50 years late to the party with that one. Almost seems like a tale Walt would have tackled. But then again, he planned on doing Little Mermaid decades and decades before it was actually done.

I dunno. The trailer I saw didn't seem to thrill me. It's like it highlighted stuff that probably is or isn't indicative of the movie. Basically it looks like it could go either way. There somehow seems to be an air of the prince being an idiot so far as to say this is another parody style fairy tale, and I almost want to see them completely be sincere with one for a change. But again, trailer can be quite deceiving. I've seen very terrible trailers to movies I decided to give a shot and even enjoyed. I've even seen trailers where they quite wisely leave the funniest stuff OUT of the trailers, so we don't get any of that Dej-HA- Vu that Statler and Waldorf were talking about. Plus, I have so much faith in Lassiter now... especially that I found out he tried to kill the Gnomeo and Juliet movie (they went over his head, which worries me).

So it might be great, or it might not be. I may just give it a shot.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The original pitch of this film was to make it look less like a CG project and more like a moving oil painting. This style is a reaction to those behind it disliking the fairytale visuals of Shrek while wanting to create some sort of farce on fairytales. I don't think they completely achieved the oil painting look, but this is doesn't look like any of the other CG pictures other studios come out with. It's style has a subtle distinction from the rest, even Pixar, and that's good I guess. To be different with purpose.

Anyway, yes I'm excited. This has a fair chance of actually being good, although Toy Story 3 seems to be the slam-dunk best animated picture next year.

Nick22

Reaction score
i'm pretty excited for the movie. i hate that they changed the title from rapunzel, to tangled, but i also think it was kinda clever? i guess.

i RULLY wish this would've been a 2-D animated film. all the other disney princess films have been 2-D animated, and now rapunzel just doesn't fit in. i do have to say that i agree with frogboy though. it is different than anything we've seen.

i guess i'm just gonna have to wait and see....

Drtooth

Reaction score
The problem with 2-D is it's gonna take some time for them to get back to really doing traditional style animated movies. And a small part of that comes from the fact Princess and the Frog didn't do as well as they wanted... I get the feeling they rushed it to DVD... plus, Avatar completely blew it out of the water. Again, we should all blame that horrific Robert Zermeckis motion capture Christmas Carol film being released in November. Prince and the Frog really could have used a boost of being released in that period, and it didn't get it. They have a Pooh one in the works, but other than that, they don't have any major plans as of yet. I really want someone to crack open "The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck." That would make an excellent, beautiful 2-d movie experiance.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I can't wait for this movie. I've been hearing tons of positive buzz about it and I'm really hoping it lives up to all the hype I've been hearing.

muppet baby

Reaction score
I can't wait for this movie. I've been hearing tons of positive buzz about it and I'm really hoping it lives up to all the hype I've been hearing.
The problem with 2-D is it's gonna take some time for them to get back to really doing traditional style animated movies. And a small part of that comes from the fact Princess and the Frog didn't do as well as they wanted... I get the feeling they rushed it to DVD... plus, Avatar completely blew it out of the water. Again, we should all blame that horrific Robert Zermeckis motion capture Christmas Carol film being released in November. Prince and the Frog really could have used a boost of being released in that period, and it didn't get it. They have a Pooh one in the works, but other than that, they don't have any major plans as of yet. I really want someone to crack open "The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck." That would make an excellent, beautiful 2-d movie experiance.
The life and times of scrooge Mc duck that would be so neat i loved the show duck tales i am thinking of getting the DVDs sometime i really miss the show i found a old pillow case that i had one my twin bed when i was younger and i also had the entire twin sheet set really cool that i still had them LOL .

I really liked princess and the frog , i really wish that it had gotten better reviews and i have to say dr tooth , that i like what you said in another post on this thread that this was so years late and something that Walt Disney would have done , and i remember some of the things that they where saying that Walt had planed for little mermaid . They where really cool and stuck to the original story . The one that Disney finally did was great also .

OK back to Tangled, , One thing i have to say though i Found the trailer on You tube and i have to say , i kind of wish that they had went with the oil painting effect , that frog boy had said that they had wanted to do , that would have been cool and been back to the original animation ( snow white little mermaid and so on the princess and the frog ) 2d animation . What happened i think though was that streak was such a sauces and now we are so into the computer age and it changed the face of animation forever , i like the animation of toy story and the skrek films yes do not get me wrong , but since this is a new Disney princess why did they not do the 2D animation , i guess the world is getting so use to the other kinds that the 2D could be gone for a long time i hope that is not true , and the next generation is is moving into the new kinds , i mean i grew up with the 2D LOL .

Man i feel old sometimes LOL , just kidding .

All in all though even , though all i said about the animation part of it i really am very excited about Tangled Disney version of Rapunzel and i will buy the movie and i know and collect the merchandise from the show .

Disney

Reaction score
Hey guys, I work on behalf of Disney, and it is great to hear that you guys are excited about the film. We recently released a new trailer for the film, and you can check that out here. Has anyone seen the new theatrical trailer? If so, what did you think? Thanks. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I will see it. I end up seeing just about everything Disney, but this time I am going out of my way to not watch any spoilers. The only thing I wish they had done without knowing anything else right now is kept the classic title. I know the reason for the change, but I also know plenty of men who were once boys and loved the more princess centered movies growing up :smile:.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I work on behalf of Disney, and it is great to hear that you guys are excited about the film. We recently released a new trailer for the film, and you can check that out here. Has anyone seen the new theatrical trailer? If so, what did you think? Thanks. :smile:
The trailers look great and I've been looking forward to seeing the film. I have to admit to being a little disappointed in last year's Princess and the Frog because traditional animation means so much to me and I hoped P&F would bring it back to the Disney forefront. While it's a very good movie, it didn't achieve that lofty goal. I have a feeling that this film will deliver. I even prefer the new title in that this is a fresh take on an old classic.