1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    We will be upgrading our forum software on Saturday May 25. This is a major upgrade that will add many new features and enhance security.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31, 2019.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Anybody remember the old Ernie ragdolls? Knickerbocker?

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Rugby, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Rugby

Rugby Well-Known Member

Did they ever make Bert ragdolls to go with Ernie? I'll link to the Ernie ragdoll that I'm talking about on ebay or something if somebody wants to know what I'm talking about. :p

2. muppet baby

muppet baby Well-Known Member

that would be good to know i would love to have both of them very much . i love rag dolls
    :p

3. sesameguy

sesameguy Well-Known Member

Your parents must have gone to the same stores as mine, Rugby. :) Yes, they did make a Bert as well as an Ernie. They had their faces "painted" on, right? I recall having both of them at one time, but unfortunately they also are gone by now.

4. muppetcrazy36

muppetcrazy36 Member

i barley remember my church when i was 3 had some.:cool:

5. WaiterGrover

WaiterGrover Member

I had the ragdoll Ernie, but the hand-puppet with a stiff plastic/rubber head and hands was my Bert.

6. Jivepuppet

Jivepuppet Well-Known Member

Remember them? I still have them!

7. WaiterGrover

WaiterGrover Member

I wish I still had mine- Ernie's painted-on face crackled and flaked off too much in the end... poor Bert's arms didn't survive too many years of my rough childhood love either...
    As a toddler, I used to stare in fascination at the inside of my Bert's head. I was reminded of that by watching Frank Oz talking about Jim's gift of "Bert In Self-Contemplation". I'll admit, I get choked up every time I see it.