Any other X Files Fans?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well I'm not sure if I would call myself a fan in the fullest sense of the word pat. But I do find the show very interesting. I am collecting the fortnightly releases of the series issued with a magazine and am up to the first installment of Season 6. I've enjoyed slowly getting the continuity flow of the show season by season. It is definitely not harmless fun for children and I'll never allow any kids under 15 to watch my DVDs, but it is remarkably clever.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Sure, I like The X-Files. I'm not a diehard fan, as I'm more partial to the stand-alone, "monster of the week" episodes, rather than the conspiracy eps. which obviously make up the bulk of the series. But I like stuff like "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose," featuring a touching performance by Peter Boyle (I think he won an Emmy for his performance), "Jose Chung's From Outer Space," a lighthearted, spoofy episode starring Charles Nelson Reilly as the titular character, an eccentric sci-fi writer. "Humbug," about a murder amongst a traveling sideshow is another good comedy/suspense thriller, "Home" is a gruesome and grisly ep. that was actually banned from rerunning on Fox after its initial showing because of content. And "Paper Hearts" is a powerful episode, with an especially good performance by David Duchovny, in which Mulder's sister may not have been taken by creatures from another planet, but rather from a more horrifying (and human) monster, a child murderer, whom Mulder had captured years earlier, and who may hold the key as to the true fate of Samantha.

There's been a lot of talk about another X-Files film recently. Chris Carter is writing it, and David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson both have expressed interest in returning.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I use to be obsessed with the show.
As a little girl, I'd sit in my couch and
see it like there was no tommorow.
Until I just kinda slipped away....

:smile:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I use to be obsessed with the show.
As a little girl, I'd sit in my couch and
see it like there was no tommorow.
Until I just kinda slipped away....

:smile:
That pretty much sums up my experience as an X-phile...um...except for the little girl part...

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
As difficult as it would be for you to be a young man, right Claudia? LOL:wink:
more LOL:big_grin:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
*Sticks tounge out at Marty*
*Changes voice to a deep one*
Not exactly.

:wink:

*Clears throat*

LOL!

(Don't worry, I am a girl. My picture proves it.)

---

The X-Files theme is pretty though...

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Incidentally I have the DVD collection of the short-lived horror show of the 1970's Kolchak: the NightStalker, which the X-Files creator Chris Carter cites as a major source of his own inspiration.