Any Del Has a Question (For You)

Any Del

Reaction score
Hello you guys,

for some for you who probably don't know I'm currently working on a cartoon project that I want to pitch for Sesame Workshop and I was wondering if I could ask you guys a question(s) to get clarification.

On my pitch I want to make it a bit like Sesame Street in terms of segments. For example: Episode story #1 - Intermission - Episode story #2 - Segement - Ending of Episode story #2

One of my segments is called "Vile's World" basically a parody of "Elmo's World" however it's an alphabet and not a muppet. "Vile's World" would have that same style like how "Elmo's World" first debuted 22 years ago, but I want to expand on more episodes for the segment. I want to include it but I'm afraid it'll be turned down because it's plagiarizing "Elmo's World".

So my question is: Should I include the segment or not even though I would like it to be produced by the same company that created "Elmo's World"?

I was considering of telling the executives at SW when the time comes to pitch my project.

Any response would be much appreciated.

Here's a link so you can get a grasp as to what I'm talking about:

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It sounds like a promising idea. But SW (just like Disney) has a bank of lawyers to fight any copyright infringement.
Making something with puppets is great. But you gotta be real careful no legal toes are stepped on.
Something that might work (again, I wouldn’t pitch this without a lawyer in your corner) would be to sell the rights to SW, let them do the work of developing and producing the show and you get a percentage of any profits, or a flat fee.
It might be a while before you see a penny, but they have the resources to make it possible.

Any Del

Reaction score
It sounds like a promising idea. But SW (just like Disney) has a bank of lawyers to fight any copyright infringement.
Making something with puppets is great. But you gotta be real careful no legal toes are stepped on.
Something that might work (again, I wouldn’t pitch this without a lawyer in your corner) would be to sell the rights to SW, let them do the work of developing and producing the show and you get a percentage of any profits, or a flat fee.
It might be a while before you see a penny, but they have the resources to make it possible.

Well, my show is not going to be puppets but animation. Shows like Arthur and the like but yeah I'll keep that in mind thanks.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Okay, animation can give you some leverage.
You get a copyright on your characters, and then you can lease them to SW.
They pick up the tab of physically producing the show, and you retain the rights to them.

sesamegirl

Reaction score
Hello you guys,

for some for you who probably don't know I'm currently working on a cartoon project that I want to pitch for Sesame Workshop and I was wondering if I could ask you guys a question(s) to get clarification.

On my pitch I want to make it a bit like Sesame Street in terms of segments. For example: Episode story #1 - Intermission - Episode story #2 - Segement - Ending of Episode story #2

One of my segments is called "Vile's World" basically a parody of "Elmo's World" however it's an alphabet and not a muppet. "Vile's World" would have that same style like how "Elmo's World" first debuted 22 years ago, but I want to expand on more episodes for the segment. I want to include it but I'm afraid it'll be turned down because it's plagiarizing "Elmo's World".

So my question is: Should I include the segment or not even though I would like it to be produced by the same company that created "Elmo's World"?

I was considering of telling the executives at SW when the time comes to pitch my project.

Any response would be much appreciated.

Here's a link so you can get a grasp as to what I'm talking about:

Hey! This sounds interesting! Could I help with anything or what?

Any Del

Reaction score
Thanks but I got everything under control.

Any Del

Reaction score
Right now I'm just working on my main series. Editing and what have you.