AndyWan's Novel--Shakespeare In Space!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

AndyWan Kenobi (Andy Clinton) here with some news, as well a shameless request for a favor.

I've kept pretty quiet about this, so most of you don't know about it, but I finished the manuscript for a novel last fall. I didn't really talk about it while I was working on it, because it was easier for me to be motivated to write it if most people didn't know.

Anyway, it's called Shakespeare In Space, and it's a tongue-in-cheek send-up of Star Trek in which the crew of the U.S.S. Interloper goes back in time to kidnap William Shakespeare in a desperate attempt to save the galaxy from chaos. There's fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles... No, wait--that's The Princess Bride. But this is pretty good too.

I've entered the novel into an online contest called the "First Chapters Contest" at gather.com. The grand prize is publication, with secondary benefits including fortune and glory, bragging rights, this handsome new dinette set, a copy of our home game... You get the idea.

Anyway, the contest has posted the first chapter online. If you'd like to read it, please visit the URL below. You can post a comment and rate the chapter by signing up for gather.com--it's a free site, and it shouldn't take much time to sign up for it. I think only registered members can vote, so I know I'm asking for you to sign up for another website, but it would really help me out if you could sign up and vote for my book. They will cut the several hundred entries down to 20 for the next round, and then they will post the next chapter of each entry. Any help you could give me in getting to that round would be much appreciated.

Thanks, and I hope you're all doing well!

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474976920543

:smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That sounds awsome!!!:smile: I'd love to read it and good luck!!!:excited:

PS... I'll get back to you after I read it.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Thanks! The first chapter is mostly set-up, so most of the funny stuff is later, but I hope you do like it!

:smile: