And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

gravy

Reaction score
so Lincoln's friend's dad is gay, and nothing has been said about that, or the fact that Clarence's friend Jeff's mom is gay.so, if was true, then they would have raised **** about the gay couple in Clarence too.
I already know that, but it's either people aren't paying too much attention to these shows or they're just used to gay couples on TV now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't see this anywhere on Google...
Grey DeLisle revealed it with a video clip on Twitter.

so Lincoln's friend's dad is gay, and nothing has been said about that
Actually, some people have raised a stink about it, accusing Nick of "pushing the gay agenda." Because you know how it is: if a show includes a gay character, they're "pushing the gay agenda." :rolleyes:
I already know that, but it's either people aren't paying too much attention to these shows or they're just used to gay couples on TV now.
I think it's the former. Remember what started this thread: the outcry and outrage over the live action remake of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST making LeFou openly gay, and the boycott that was called for it. Crap like that hadn't really happened since Bush was still in Office - when homosexuality in general was still somewhat taboo, and people were burning Harry Potter books when J.K. Rowling revealed Dumbledore was gay.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Grey DeLisle revealed it with a video clip on Twitter.

Actually, some people have raised a stink about it, accusing Nick of "pushing the gay agenda." Because you know how it is: if a show includes a gay character, they're "pushing the gay agenda." :rolleyes:
I think it's the former. Remember what started this thread: the outcry and outrage over the live action remake of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST making LeFou openly gay, and the boycott that was called for it. Crap like that hadn't really happened since Bush was still in Office - when homosexuality in general was still somewhat taboo, and people were burning Harry Potter books when J.K. Rowling revealed Dumbledore was gay.
i swear, there is so much hate in this country,that it's not even funny, i blame Donald trump for adding more fuel to the fire, by saying that he would ban gay marriage again, and by creating a muslum ban and by saying he will create a wall to keep Mexican people out of country, and by getting all of the racist's hyped up.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
While I'll agree that Trump is adding fuel to the fire, I have to say, at this point in time, I think much of what he's saying is just that: all talk, no do. I mean, gay marriage has yet to be banned, the wall has yet to be built, and the Muslim ban (or, the "travel ban" as he calls it) keeps getting banned by the courts.

That being said, like Jamie said a while back, it's less about Trump himself since his main concern seems to be himself, but his supporters on the other hand, having him in the White House seems to be emboldening them in their racist and homophobic mentality.

One thing that can't be blamed on Trump though is aggressive racist white cops killing unarmed black people without provocation: that's been happening even when Obama was in Office.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
You've brought that up a lot. I wanna remind you that not all white cops are bad. Most of them are friendly people just doing their jobs.

And reassess some of the situations. I've noticed a few times already where it seemed that there was a racist killing unarmed blacks without provocation, and it turned out it wasn't the case.

Not saying it doesn't happen, but you to stop focusing so much on this.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
No, they don't, but that's just the mentality of these people. I mean, Forbes did the survey quite a while back about the top tep happiest countries in the world, and as you said, Norway and Denmark were at the top of the list, so of course, a majority of the comments were from people saying things like, "Of course those countries are happy, look how white they are!"

And yet, I'm still reminded of the GOP senator, or congressman, or whoever it was, who, last year, spoke out about the BLM protests, going on record saying it's white people's fault for "wholesale importing black people into this country in the first place."
There's a difference between happiness and joy.
Happiness is based on circumstances. Some people feel conditions have to be right for them 100% all the time for them to be happy. If that's the case, some of you are going to be miserable for a long time.

Joy comes from within. Having peace in your heart will allow you to deal with things better, even if your whole world is caving in.

Happiness is temporary, joy is permanent. It doesn't take much to make me happy. As I get older, it takes a lot more now to make me sad or angry. Still happens occasionally, but I don't fly off the handle like I did 30 years ago.

With joy, my day is not shot if things go wrong.
I hope some of you don't have to wait until you're as old as me to find this out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As my town prepares for 4th of July celebrations this year, I have decided that I will not be observing or celebrating the day this year, because this is no longer the United States of America, the America I was taught to love and respect as I was growing up, which is a land of freedom and justice, where people are free to be who they are and what they are; instead, it has become a divided nation filled with hate, bigotry, and prejudices - all of which are things that should not be celebrated, nor should a country that now chooses to embrace such.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Hate, bigotry, and prejudices are not confined to America. Go to any country in the world- anywhere there are people- and the same thing will exist.

In spite of all the problems we have to deal with, I'm still proud of a country that gave an Irish immigrant (who couldn't speak English, or barely read or write when he came over in 1927) a chance to work his butt off and start a family. That was my grandfather, James Gallagher, who came over with just the clothes on his back, and a desire to work. He was given an opportunity, not a handout. Grandpa spent 40 years as a sheet metal worker, house painter, and electrician. He was not afraid of working up a sweat.

I'm proud of anyone who ever put on a uniform to defend the freedoms so many take for granted.
I almost served, now I almost regret I didn't.
Back in 1986, around my 18th birthday, a few months before high school graduation, Public Enemy #1 was Muammar Gadaffi. He was getting rambunctious in Libya, and President Reagan wanted to wipe him out by reinstating the draft, and start a huge war, and people my age would've been the first to go.
Vietnam was only over for 11 years, and still fresh in many American's minds. And many people my age were dead set against going across the world to be a pawn in a political chess game, and run the risk of never coming home.
Luckily I was soon to be enrolled in college, so I would not have been the first pick.
As it turned out, no war ensued, and by the time I developed diabetes, I would not have been eligible for combat any way.

Two generations of young people have fought, and died, to protect freedoms for me. I deserve to be grateful to them.

Last edited:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Hate, bigotry, and prejudices are not confined to America. Go to any country in the world- anywhere there are people- and the same thing will exist.

In spite of all the problems we have to deal with, I'm still proud of a country that gave an Irish immigrant (who couldn't speak English, or barely read or write when he came over in 1927) a chance to work his butt off and start a family. That was my grandfather, James Gallagher, who came over with just the clothes on his back, and a desire to work. He was given an opportunity, not a handout. Grandpa spent 40 years as a sheet metal worker, house painter, and electrician. He was not afraid of working up a sweat.

I'm proud of anyone who ever put on a uniform to defend the freedoms so many take for granted.
I almost served, now I almost regret I didn't.
Back in 1986, around my 18th birthday, a few months before high school graduation, Public Enemy #1 was Muammar Gadaffi. He was getting rambunctious in Libya, and President Reagan wanted to wipe him out by reinstating the draft, and start a huge war, and people my age would've been the first to go.
Vietnam was only over for 11 years, and still fresh in many American's minds. And many people my age were dead set against going across the world to be a pawn in a political chess game, and run the risk of never coming home.
Luckily I was soon to be enrolled in college, so I would not have been the first pick.
As it turned out, no war ensued, and by the time I developed diabetes, I would not have been eligible for combat any way.

Two generations of young people have fought, and died, to protect freedoms for me. I deserve to be grateful to them.
Epic like. Thumbs up.