And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Wow, I see a lot of posts were deleted from earlier today. Which brings me to this. A couple of pages ago I posted this quote:

"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley​

While many attacked the messenger (Buckley or me) none of you actually refuted the quote itself. And then it's as if today you went out and tried to prove the quote is true. For all the tolerance you all pretend to have, when it comes to anyone having a thought other than the leftist liberal views you possess, you show no tolerance. So having said that, I'm through with this thread. I've enjoyed the discussions I've had with a few of you. Very few of you, actually. But I hold no ill will. You are what you are. Stay true to yourself.

Good luck to you all. Merry Christmas and God bless us, everyone.
Any of mine?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Wow, I see a lot of posts were deleted from earlier today. Which brings me to this. A couple of pages ago I posted this quote:

"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley​

While many attacked the messenger (Buckley or me) none of you actually refuted the quote itself. And then it's as if today you went out and tried to prove the quote is true. For all the tolerance you all pretend to have, when it comes to anyone having a thought other than the leftist liberal views you possess, you show no tolerance. So having said that, I'm through with this thread. I've enjoyed the discussions I've had with a few of you. Very few of you, actually. But I hold no ill will. You are what you are. Stay true to yourself.

Did your quote get deleted?

Censored

Reaction score

Sorry, but I did refute the quote before I addressed the messenger: http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/...tinues-to-show-its-true-colors.62626/page-154

No wonder we have such trouble communicating; you don't read all of the posts.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I gotta agree with MuppetsRule on this; it's clear none of us are gonna change our views, but at least some of us, like Jamie (and I myself try), listen to the other side and take it in and mull it over before pressing forward. Others, however...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I second that emotion.

No need for one rotten apple to spoil the rest of the crop.
I gotta agree with MuppetsRule on this; it's clear none of us are gonna change our views, but at least some of us, like Jamie (and I myself try), listen to the other side and take it in and mull it over before pressing forward.
Uh, seriously? That's exactly what we've been saying: this is exactly what happened in that first thread - we all came to that agreement, except him. Now all of the sudden he's the one saying it like it's a new discovery?

Oy vey gevalt.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Uh, seriously? That's exactly what we've been saying: this is exactly what happened in that first thread - we all came to that agreement, except him. Now all of the sudden he's the one saying it like it's a new discovery?

Oy vey gevalt.
Jag vet att jag har sagt det här förut, men fortfarande ... Jag tror att du alltid har varit lite orättvis med honom. Ja, vi var alla överens om att vara oenig, men det är inte bra att du inte säkerhetskopierar dina källor mycket bra och hans problem med dig har alltid varit baserat på det. Återigen tror jag verkligen att du är en cool kille, men det här är något jag ogillar och en av de saker jag tycker om honom. Och jag menar, kom igen, har du sett några av hans senaste inlägg? Han är inte lika censurerad, han kan ha en anständig diskussion.

Censored

Reaction score
Jag vet att jag har sagt det här förut, men fortfarande ... Jag tror att du alltid har varit lite orättvis med honom. Ja, vi var alla överens om att vara oenig, men det är inte bra att du inte säkerhetskopierar dina källor mycket bra och hans problem med dig har alltid varit baserat på det. Återigen tror jag verkligen att du är en cool kille, men det här är något jag ogillar och en av de saker jag tycker om honom. Och jag menar, kom igen, har du sett några av hans senaste inlägg? Han är inte lika censurerad, han kan ha en anständig diskussion.
Beslutet att lämna var hans och hans ensamma.