Am I the only one who likes Muppets From Space?

MrMuppet93

Reaction score
It's got most-if not all of the great ingredients of a classic Muppet movie like breaking the forth wall and the cheesy villain.

I'm glad the Muppet crew did something different without Disney studios or Jim Henson himself gunning the crew down.

THIS IS WHAT JIM WOULD HAVE PROBABLY WANTED FOR THE MUPPETS IF HE WERE ALIVE, HE DIDN'T WANT TO BE A CHILDREN'S PUPPETEER! HE WOULD HAVE LIKED SOMETHING THIS ADULT AND FUNNY!

I mean, I like the jokes and it made me laugh out loud rewatching it, which the other regular Muppet movies failed to do. I liked :concern: going crazy the most the joke that the abducted Hollywood sign was misspelled, and was amazed how much they got away with in 1999 to earn that G rating. I liked the fact that Gonzo made a fool of himself on national TV by admitting he's an "alien". The wait for the lighnting, the climax, the cereal, the talking sandwhich the way they crafted eyes to make him looked like he gone insane reminds both of Tim Hill's work on the SpongeBob episode "Christmas Who?" and that classic Peanuts special "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown". Gee :concern:, if it weren't for the ending which I won't spoil you would have needed not just that brain drained but behavior medication! You've gone completely insane! But I guess it's his character in general I guess but they cranked it way too far! LOL! :laugh:

And before you say "What about the Sesame Street cameos?" I'm sure :stick_out_tongue: Rubber Duckie as a plot device was intentional.

Muppet Movie was too much of a homage of Wizard of Oz, allthough charming in its own way. :smile:

Muppet Treasure Island bored me to tears.

The Muppets and Muppets Most Wanted didn't age well with me....

:concern::concern::concern::concern::concern::concern::concern:

Last edited:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think most of us here like it somewhat, but I don't think many here will say that it is the all-time-best Muppet film.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean it has its flaws but not one I loathe either. It has a nice feeling to Muppets Tonight.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Definitely not. I'd go as far as to say that it's probably my 3rd favorite muppet film. There's a very fun energy to Muppets From Space that's definitely missing in many post-Henson muppet projects. The comedy and heart is there, as well as some really fun action scenes. I also appreciate that it's not an adaption like the two that came before it. The muppets work best when they're not parodying but instead being themselves.

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
I'd personally rank it fourth on my list of favorite Muppet films (behind Christmas Carol, the original, and Caper), but I enjoy the film very much and like it probably more than I should, even if I know it's not the best. It may not feel much like a classic Muppet film (rubber duckie aside) but it is very funny :laugh: and I like the reveal of Gonzo as an alien (which I consider to be canon). Only problem is it has a bit too much Pepe than I'd like (you can imagine how much I hate Muppets' Wizard of Oz then :mad:!)