Am I the only one who hates what they've done to the Fozzie puppet?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Absolutely. There's something about when things keep going advance, it takes away the imperfections that give something a little personality. It's no one's fault, it's just something that progresses naturally.

For the longest time I had some trouble with digital animation. Not Flash or Toon Boom, I'm talking when cartoon shows were colored on computers instead of cels. I think the problem was that some studios did it right, and some were on a learning curve. They didn't seem to have the warmness or the unique look of what cels could do. Then of course I quickly got over it. It was a great advance for television animation, and after the muddy looking hiccups, this freed up fuller animation and a cleaner look. I still miss cels to an extent. These things just happen over time.

Though I will say that next time these characters are due for a rebuild, they need to go back and look at some of the 80's character models.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
fozzie's new puppet has creepy cheeks, that's about all I can say about this.

Iscah

Reaction score
Abby wasn't in that episode, but I did see her on one of those poles near, but not touching any other puppets on sort of a hatrack-type thing. My guess is that they had to keep her pristine because of her pigtails and the sparkly...um...(glitter?) in the ostrich feathers.
If the puppet has glitter that might come off, they'd want to keep other puppets away from it so they don't end up glittery too!

All this talk about how different the puppets look now and how much they've lost their warmth and edge in the process has compelled me to touch on the subject even more:

http://josephscarbrough.blogspot.com/2015/11/advances-in-puppet-building-are-they.
I tried to read your post, but that font is very hard to read comfortably.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I tried to read your post, but that font is very hard to read comfortably.
I apologize for that; I wanted something that looked like hand writing to go along with the theme I designed to give it the look of a notebook.

123Sunny

Reaction score
Such a complaint is still stupid and petty. Such advances in puppet-building do not take away warmth or edge at all.

At the end of the day, what really matters is the personalities of the characters and how they're written. And as long as the characters retain their personalities, puppet looks should not matter.
I agree, the Muppet's gotta have their signature look, but they gotta have the unique personality as well. Though I wouldn't call it stupid :frown:

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Kermit's green is a bit too bright in my honest opinion but I try to ignore it for the most part.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kermit's been this shade of green for quite some time.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
I might just have an eye problem. I am not good at noticing details very well unless it comes to noticing jim henson's arm when he did puppeteering work for dr. teeth. After all teeth was his most energetic character. XD

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeah. Me too. While some puppets suffer a little in the advanced puppet build department, some characters thrive. Grover is one of them.
The 2005 Grover took a while to get used to: I didn't mind that he was a little shaggier than he was previously, it was how they repositioned his eyes, tilting them more downward, giving him kind of a sad-looking face.