Allegra and Eureeka?

baby sinclair

Reaction score
A few months ago i bought allegras window and eureekas castle for my little sister.Watching the show brought back memorys.True it was no where comparable to any of hensons shows.But they were really wholesome shows.Does any one else here remeber these from nick jr.*sigh* its a shame alot good shows are being canned.While non sense like american idol or yu gi oh stay on for season after season.Hopefully they could make a network called tv heaven where veiwers vote for their favorite short lived show and let it air and then swop it for another show :wink: .

thatonekid

Reaction score
those shows sound very very familiar but i can't quite remember them.
the shows i remember are those shows like gerbert,scorch, and puzzle place.
ah, those were the goods ole days.

Zelda Rose

Reaction score
Puppet things I wanted to tell someone.....

Yes, I do remember Eeureka's Castle! :flirt: I LOVED that show (still do) and I agree that it's horrible that junk like "yu gi oh" (Or Yuck-ee-oh as I call it) stays on the air forever.
But I digress...... I've not been "active" here for quite some time (you know how life gets in the way) and so I may be double posting something that someone has already said, if that is the case then please accept my appologies!

First of all, I'm sure that you all know that ............aw shoot, I can't think of his name now :embarrassed: but one of the current Henson Puppeteers was featured in last mont's "Reader's Digest". It was a section about people getting to do their dream jobs. I thought of everyone here when I saw it.

Secondly, in Ashevlle NC a few weekends ago they had their annual outdoor festival called "Belle Chere" and they had these life size puppetsm doing shows and walking the streets. At night had an "adult" puppet show....I don't know how or what you'd do with that and I just don't wanna' know.

Currently in Bristol Virginia they are having the Virginia Highlands Festival that goes on for a few weeks. The same puppet troupe I mentioned above is there doing shows. I don't have much more information than this because I was skimming thru an article about it and didn't have much time (now I can't find the article-sorry!) to really read it. If anyone is curious then I'm sure you could "Google" "Virginia Highlands Festival" and find out MUCH more than I'm telling you here.

Well, that is all, and I hope I was some help to someone! :smile:

P.S. Forgot to add this about Eerueka: Some time back I was in another forum on here and someone else brought up E.C. and everyone went nuts because we'd all forgotten it. It was then brought to our attention, and now looking back I can see it too, that E.C. looked like it was a "blueprint" (if you will) for Bear In THe BIg Blue House"