A tribute to my Grandma

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score

While it isn't the exact same painting, this image is similar to the wedding gift Grandma gave my parents on the day they got married. It was a painting of two eagles flying in the sky together with a Bible verse about love at the bottom. It was basically her trying to say "Birds of a feather stick together," or however the saying goes and it's something my parents have treasured as a keepsake since the day they received it.

Today is the birthday of my beloved Grandma who tragically passed away 4 years before I was born. Grandma Diane would be 82-years-old if she were alive today. This day is a very important and special day for me.

While I unfortunately never got to meet Grandma, I love her with all my heart. She raised my mom to be the nice, loving, caring, compassionate, brave, strong, highly intelligent, funny, clever, creative, and inspiring woman she is today. That in of it's own self is enough of a reason for me to have the utmost love and respect for that amazing woman despite having never met her in person.

In addition to that however, the stories my parents have told me about her and the videos I've seen of her on old black & white VHS tapes really do show me how amazing of a person she was. Those stories and videos have been somewhat of an inspiration to me and though her journey on this Earth has long since ended, her legacy will forever live on through her grandson.

She is one of the people I've always looked up to and aspired to be like, her life truly had a major impact on me.

I wish she could see what her daughter is up to these days though. If she knew that Mom is now a highly respected 911 dispatcher who's hours of labor and hard work have given her the title of assistant manager, she would be one of the proudest mothers alive I can guarantee it.

So happy birthday Grandma! While I know you will never read this, you have made a serious impact on me and in more ways than one, you've changed my life for the better. I will make sure that the stories of your life live on by telling them to my possible future children and grandchildren, letting future generations of our family know what a wonderful person you were. I love you with all my heart!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
This was another one of my Grandma's favorite songs and again, I can totally understand why she loved it so much:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My mom has described Grandma by comparing her to classic SNL actress and "not ready for primetime player" Gilda Radner before.

That right there just shows how funny, outgoing, and just an all around joy to be with she must've been.

Not to mention, she was a huge fan of SNL which was where Gilda got her start.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Your grandma would have loved this!! (And yes..Gilda Radner was very funny! :wink:) I'm sure Ms. Radner & your grandmother will get a chance to chat in the great beyond!