A Muppet Family Sitcom

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Ever since i first saw muppet family christmas i liked the idea of all the muppets staying under one roof and having all sorts of mishaps. I know with disney owning half the muppet family that this will never ever happen. But dont you think it would be sensational to have a comedy with guest stars from every henson creation ever. Maybe brian henson could be like the landlord or something.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'd love a Muppet sitcom! Variety shows/skits and stuff just aren't my thing (Buuut I make an exception for the Muppets :wink: ) That's probably why I like the movies more than the show. I don't know how well a Muppet sitcom would work though... :concern:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Right after Muppets From Space premiered Quinn suggested a similar idea but with the Classic Muppets only. His thoughts were that each week the episode would focus on one character's life inside and outside of the house. So one week it would be mainly a Kermit story, another week a Gonzo story, Mayhem story etc. Along the way, they would interact with other characters inside and outside of the house. I thought his idea was great because it would give us a chance to learn more about the characters that we love.

Towards the end of the second season of Muppets Tonight, JHC was actually slowly moving in this direction. One of the last episodes "Johnny Fiama Leaves Home" was more about Johnny's life outside of the MT studio, than the actual show within the MT studio.

baby sinclair

Reaction score
well, if disney makes another muppet television show it should be a sitcom and not a variety show. Muppets tonight stunk big time and it was trying too hard to be another THE MUPPET SHOW. This time they also need to bring back classic characters and get rid of pepe and all those other annoying characters that disney just let pop out of nowhere.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Dude! A Muppet sitcome would, like, totally rock! I bet it'd do just as well as any other sitcom out there, maybe better! I mean, think about all the great sitcoms that are already out there that do great-even the lame ones do really good! But honestly, I think it would do good just because it'd be the Muppets, and right now, the world could use a really good laugh like only the Muppets can give.

rexcrk

Reaction score
baby sinclair said:
This time they also need to bring back classic characters and get rid of pepe and all those other annoying characters that disney just let pop out of nowhere.
I agree that they should bring back classic characters as well. However, I disagree that they should get rid of Pepe and others. They should KEEP Pepe, Dr. Phil, Johnny, Sal, Bobo, and Clifford (I don't really know any of the other Muppets Tonight characters)

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Kewl! What if the Muppet sitcom focused on activities INSIDE and OUTSIDE the house, like a spoof of jury duty? These spoofs, these jokes, all these things put together make funny. NO reality-TV muppets! Too sick to even think about! :embarrassed:

BJ

rexcrk

Reaction score
No, I'm sure even the Muppets can do good reality :wink: ... ok well maybe not, but I'd still watch it :halo:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think the muppets could do a reality show, just because reality t.v. is unscripted. But then again, I guess the guys who do the voices could make stuff up as they go along. Now I'm not sure. I've just confused myself. :confused:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
They shoudl do a sitcom with the muppets living in the boarding house from Muppets From Space, but also going to the Muppet Theater to do their shows. They could also have guest stars pop up from time to time.

ryan