A Day of Remembrance

Rowlfdude

Reaction score
Today marks the 12th anniversary of Jim Henson's death. Every year at this time I am reminded that we should all let each other know how much we love one another because who knows what could happen tomorrow.
Jim was a true success who lived well, laughed often, and loved much. He gained the respect of intelligent men and the love of children; he looked for the best in others and gave the best he had. He left the world better than he found it. Today let your prayers be with the Henson family.
I would like to end this message with two quotes from Jim that I think best some up the kind of person he was.

"I believe in taking a positive attitude toward the world, toward people, and toward my work. I think I'm here for a purpose. I think it's likely that we all are, but I'm only sure about myself. I try to tune myself in to whatever it is that I'm supposed to be, and I try to think of myself as a part of all of us - all mankind and all life."

"When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope still is to leave this world a little better for having been here."

Thanks, Jim

~~Eric~~

Smig

Reaction score
Thank you, Jim Henson.

We may have never met, but in a way we knew him thru his work, his talent, and the inspiration he brought to all of us.

And that work, talent, and inspiration is still appreciated today.

You will never be forgotten. You will always be missed.

Smig

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Jim,

You gave us wonderful characters that will live on in your legacy. A frog, a pig, a monster, a dog, a bear, a bird and a grouch have captured all of our hearts. When we watch those beloved creatures, we see the nature of your wonderous vision. You made millions of us happy. May your gentle spirit and the Muppets live on forever and ever.

"It's hard to say how long they'll live. If the audience wants these characters to continue, they will. And If the audience gets tired of them, they'll probably go away."

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Jim

Yes, last year at this time I wrote quite a bit about Jim on the Delphi Muppet Forum.

All I can still say now is that folks don't get any better than Jim Henson:smile:

Joggy

Reaction score
Through his creations, Jim helped me appreciate special things in life, and in people. Thanks to Jim, I have found a bunch of great friends. He has meant quite a lot to so many people...

Thanks a lot, Jim!! :smile:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Jim Henson

Jim,
you have brough joy and peace to people all over the world, you have taught children their ABC's with a frog, you have made me see the world with better eye's, and even though you are gone all you have done still lives on. Thank You for all you have done.

Zachary

Kermit the Frog & Rowlf the Dog, two of Jim henson's Masterpeice Muppets

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
I am so grateful to Jim (it makes me feel so comfortable to call such a great man by his first name!) for the inspiration and encouragement in my life, and formostly thankful to God for creating him and guiding me into his "world". Jim has truly influenced me to have a positive outlook on life, and continues to even after departing from this world. I don't know what track I would be on if it weren't for him. His legacy will forever live on. Thanks to Jim.

May I begin in youth my life's career:
"To leave earth better for my being here."

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

EmmyMik

Reaction score
What I have to say is no different from what has already been said. So, I'm not going to say that.

Instead, I'd like to share this cartoon that I dug up. Sometimes in my free time, I like to look at what's in the library. I found this Mike Peters cartoon on a microfilm of the May 17, 1990 edition of the Dayton Daily News.

(it's a scan of a scan, so the quality isn't 100% good)

Actually, I can't quite remember why I'm bringing this up. Anyway...

Thank you Jim Henson!

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Emmy, I like that picture. In the words of Frank Oz, "He just wanted to do good stuff". And Jim did.