A Cute Lil' Story...

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
...about how I am passing my love for the Muppets on.

So I babysit for two kids, Cody and Cardin, and (as some of you know) I've been really dedicated in getting Muppet appreciation in them early. Cody attended Muppets Music & Magic with me (NEVER AGAIN) and Cardin's been asking to watch "Mupp Shoh" (Muppet Show) ever since S2 was released.

Of course, I was overwhelmed last night at an interaction Cardin had with his dad. Now Cardin just turned two and he's really starting to speak A LOT. He picks up things very easily. Cardin's dad, usually when he sees him, calls him "Cardie-wardie-do-dah". So last night he happened upon his dad (I was trailing behind) and he went "Cardie-wardie!" And Cardin went: "Do-dah!" finishing for him! :smile: And his dad looked down in surprise and then started laughing. And what did Cardin say next?

"Wocka wocka wocka"

I KID YOU NOT!

Reaction score
Wow. Kids really do pick up more than you think they do. I'm still young enough to remember that I would do things like that and to remember why. Once, I read some British books and start talking like an Englishman because I assumed it was normal. It's just one more argument for not "talking down" to children, I suppose.

Katzi428

Reaction score
LOL!That's adorable!
There's a 10 year difference between my younger brother & myself. So when he was around 3,he started watching The Muppet Show.I'd ask him:
What does Kermit say?
His answer:Fank you fank you Welcome to da Muppup Show!(he couldnt say "th" yet)
What does Fozzie say?
His answer:Aaaahhh! (Fozzie's laugh)
What does Miss Piggy say?
His answer:HiYAH!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Very cute stories you guys! I can't wait to have children and introduce them to the Muppet Show and other wonders. Not for awhile though.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Totally adorable! That kid's got some great comedy schtick. Train 'em up early! :wink: