A Children's Television Workshop disclaimer?

Stupendous Man

Reaction score
I have visited the Sesame Street message board at Jump the Shark and have read many of the comments that people have written about the show. There was one that someone wrote that said, "When they took off the scary Children's Television Workshop disclaimer at the end."

Any of you guys know what they were talking about? When was this disclaimer used on the show? Why was it scary?

drmusic_99

Reaction score
I can only assume they mean when they used to show still pictures at the end of cast members holding the Sesame Street sign, and a big sign with "Children's Television Workshop" hand-written on it.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
No, I think he means AFTER those still photographs of the cast holding the signs.

Remember that funky 1970's guitar riff they used to play over those end title cards:

"SESAME STREET AND THE SESAME STREET SIGN ARE TRADEMARKS OF THE CHILDREN'S TELEVISION WORKSHOP."

I'm sure that guy is remarking at how weird that music was playing over that disclaimer.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I just cannot recall anything about this show ever being scary to me.

Unless I'm stupid.

Which I am. :zany:

Drtooth

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
No, I think he means AFTER those still photographs of the cast holding the signs.

Remember that funky 1970's guitar riff they used to play over those end title cards:

"SESAME STREET AND THE SESAME STREET SIGN ARE TRADEMARKS OF THE CHILDREN'S TELEVISION WORKSHOP."

I'm sure that guy is remarking at how weird that music was playing over that disclaimer.
I guess that's what he means. That would be the Disco ending theme song with the loud chimes, right? I gotta admit, the tune was pretty creepy. Never cared much for it myself. It's the only time I can really say I'm glad something from that era is gone. It was very murky sounding, and unfriendly. Seemed more like fight music from a 1970's action movie than anything from SS.

jrod

Reaction score
does anyone have this theme or know where I can find it?

P

Philip Kippel

Drtooth said:
I guess that's what he means. That would be the Disco ending theme song with the loud chimes, right? I gotta admit, the tune was pretty creepy. Never cared much for it myself. It's the only time I can really say I'm glad something from that era is gone. It was very murky sounding, and unfriendly. Seemed more like fight music from a 1970's action movie than anything from SS.
Sorry to revive an old topic, but for once, I totally agree with you, Dr. Tooth.

That SS funding credits tune was definetely creepy! Nowadays, I desperately avoid it like the plague, even when it plays on Muppet Central Radio!:eek:

Thank goodness they did away with it!

muppet maniac

Reaction score
You know, I just don't see WHY these "disclaimers" are so scary...even the "music" Ive seen them and those do not creep me out. :confused:

I just cannot recall anything about this show ever being scary to me.

Unless I'm stupid.

Which I am

Well...

(distracted by a squirrel)

OH LOOK! A SQUIRREL! (runs out the door to chase it) (giddy laughter)

HEE HEE HEE! COME BACK HERE SQUIRRELY! Heh heh heh!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I know which one you guys are talking about, the music at the end. It was kinda scary, just very loud and intense.

Then again, maybe the people on jumptheshark meant this CTW logo:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2mPIY6O-hjQ

Even if not, that was pretty unsettling!