A BIG Happy Birthday to our beloved Jerry!

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Dear Mr. Nelson,

All the people of Muppet Central, including myself, would like to wish you a happy birthday. We hope the 69th year of your life brings you joy and happiness and all the other good things that come from being alive. We love you and we love what you do. We can't thank you enough for delighting us Muppet fans with your magnificent performances as Muppets such as :sing: and :crazy: and :smirk: and the occasional :zany:.

And, as The Count would say,
THAT'S 69 VONDERFUL YEARS!! AH AH AH AH AH AH!

A toast!:smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
toast? can I have butter?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

May your life be filled with cheeriness! (and if that's not a word, you know what it means)

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jerry,

Thank you so much for all the laughter and mayhem that you have brought us. I dont think that anyone else in the world has entertained me more than you.

So i want to say...

:smirk: :boo: Happy Birthday ! :crazy: :sing:

Thanks!

Luke

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Jerry - Thanks for all the great characters and memories you've given us !

matleo

Reaction score
Happy Birthday, Jerry!

Hope things are well at the "Home for the Chronically Groovy". Thanks for all the joy, madness, mayhem, and love you've given us! Enjoy the day and enjoy the year!

--Matt

p.s.--LOL, I just sent you a fan letter too and didn't realise I was so close to the big day. otherwise I would have filledi t with b-day wishes. Whoops!! oh well. Enjoy it anyway (the letter and the birthday)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Jerry Nelson!

YAY!! You're probably THE most talented individual I've ever almost met (during MuppetFest)! Back then I was Fozzie Bear, but spelled it FOZZI3B3AR. All the voices and characters and singing and everything you do is totally amazing to me. From tiny Robin to Count von Count to the ever so cool hipster Floyd, you have made a mark in my heart for the art of puppetry.

You are an inspiration to us all, and we thank you and love you--yep, strangers love you--and you can't get stranger than us!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to one of my entertainment idols!!

Sincerely,
Kevin/FOZ

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Jerry, I admire all your work very much. Like Jim, you have made helped make the world a better place with your fantastic characters!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :sing:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jerry,

It is hard to put into words what you truly mean to us. Since the middle sixties, you have been an integral and foundational part of the Henson franchise that has made Henson what it is today. Your heart and character shines through in everything you do. From the countless musical talents to the puppetry mastery, you have filled our lives with joy that we will continue to share with generations to come.

Since the early days of Muppet Central in 1998, you have been a dear friend and a supporter of the site. We can't thank you enough for what you have meant to us over the years. To celebrate your birthday, we have given you a tribute banner on the front of Muppet Central.

In honor of Jerry's birthday, here is a poem that veteran Muppet writer Jerry Juhl wrote a few years ago...
Halfway down the stairs
In a New York State of Mind
Sit all of Jerry's characters
Observing humankind.

The Count is counting
Saints and dorks
While Herry hums
And Strangepork porks.

And Lew throws fish
That boomerang
And hit the trash heap
With a bang.

And half the stairs are up
And half the stairs are down
And Floyd sits in the middle
With a froglet of renown.

"Why are we on this middle stair!"
Says Robin with a frown.
"Why aren't we in the country?
Why aren't we in the town?"

But Floyd just pauses in mid-riff
To smile and calmly say,
"Cuz fearless leader brought us here
So this is where we'll stay."

- Jerry Juhl, June 1999
Jerry, we wish you the happiest of birthdays. May the coming year be full of blessings, happiness and good health for both you and your family.