Painful Moments

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Cool, I'll keep an eye out for that!
Yeah, I haven't seen it in years, but I remember it fondly. I just did a quick search on Amazon, and it apparently IS available on DVD, along with something called Rich Little's Robin Hood (which I never heard of, but looks to be in the same vein as Christmas Carol).

Blind Peeeeew

Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean, and there have been several moments on TMS that make me cringe from embarrassment.

... Muppets Tonight has none.:big_grin:

Pork

Reaction score
Yeah, I especially hate it when you sit down to watch TMS with your family or friends who already think your crazy and then one of those painfull moments happen and you end up appologizing for the Muppets. I know I do that sometimes. "yeah, sorry about that, I forgot about that part, it's a bit weird". But they don't really accept the apology mostly. hehe, just glare or laugh or walk away. ONe of them. hehe

ploobis

Reaction score
It's always hard for me to watch Miss Piggy karate chop Kermit, some of the other Muppets and the guest stars!

I was always never comfy with Piggy's Karate Chopping for some reason. :mad:

I just hated the moment when Piggy tried to karate chop Big Bird on the Leslie Uggams episode of TMS!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just hated the moment when Piggy tried to karate chop Big Bird on the Leslie Uggams episode of TMS!
..and then she misses him completely and falls off the balcony? That's one of my alltime fave moments.

Ya know, the most painful moment for me was Muppets Wizard of Oz.

We could have a million posts about what was painful there. The most painful bit was Ashanti trying to act. ouch.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, I especially hate it when you sit down to watch TMS with your family or friends who already think your crazy and then one of those painfull moments happen and you end up appologizing for the Muppets. I know I do that sometimes. "yeah, sorry about that, I forgot about that part, it's a bit weird". But they don't really accept the apology mostly. hehe, just glare or laugh or walk away. ONe of them. hehe
Lol, that happened to me when showing some friends Season 1 of Muppet Show! Luckily, they already liked the Muppets. But yeah that can be such a pain, because you know you're not crazy and you know the Muppets are great. And you know it's not your fault if people give up after only five minutes, heh. Let's see them try and put on a consistently funny TV show!

Over the years, I've learned to strategize a bit before introducing friends/family to Muppet things. I try to remember what made me like them in the first place; obviously it wasn't the painful parts, hehe.

Frogster

Reaction score
Lol... this is exactly why I made this a discussion topic; to see how many other people out there have to watch it with others and cringe at some of their moments. And, going further, the movies, as well as Fraggle Rock, have their bad moments. I remember watching MTI with my dad, brother, and younger sister, and I hated Fozzie's finger bit. Fraggle Rock had some cringing moments, but they really existed in seasons 1 and 2. Whenever I buy a new Henson DVD, my mom's always wanting to watch it with me... and that's when I tell her to leave. I love those shows, and I don't want anyone ruining that feeling I have. So- lesson learned- next time you buy Henson DVD's, and you don't want judgemental eyes watching it with you, watch it alone, or with people you know you can really enjoy it with.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever had a really bad cringe moment in Fraggle Rock so far. The big ones came in Muppet Show Season 1, mainly when some of those "At the Dance" jokes fell flat, lol. But you know, that's Show Biz!

Pork

Reaction score
Well, I tried to introduce some friends to Fraggle Rock. So we watched "Begginings", Hmm, we ended up turning it off half way because they really just didn't get it. Not laugh, nothing. Some people just don't have a sence of humor.