Forgetful Jone's Final appearance

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
In case any of you are wondering what Forgetful Jone's last appearance was on SS before Richard Hunt's unfortunate passing, it was in an episode from the 1992-93 season. Episode 3050 to be exact. It was an episode where Forgetful's old childhood friend Noel Cowherd comes to Sesame Street to visit, and the 2 of them do some reminising about old times, and the good times they had. Now this episode first aired on January 12, 1993, so it was a whole year after Richard Hunt had passed on, so I take it this must have been taped very close to the time of his death, probably just days before. It's hard to watch this now knowing what poor health Richard must have been in while he was taping this. Although I wonder if he had recorded the dialouge for Forgetful, and this was actually taped after Richard had already passed on. I know that in a Season 23 show (which was reran in Season 25) he made his final appearance as Sonny Friendly, and that was close to the time he died as well. But anyways, this was the only episode Forgetful appeared in during the 24th Season, and was definetley Richard Hunt's last work on Sesame Street. Rest in Peace Richard, you are still sorely missed after 15 years. :wink::flirt::eek:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's great, Noel Cowherd lol! (parody of Noel Coward of course) I wish I could see that, it would be very touching. :wink:

PiLfan

Reaction score
i heard/read somewhere that the forgetful jones muppet actually appeared on the street a few times in the mid/late 90s, but in a slient, background, anything muppet sort-of-role.

for instance, i think someone mentioned there was a street scene in Hooper's store involving dialogue between two characters, and in the background forgetful jones walked by and grabbed a cookie off a plate or something, and then off he went. can anyone else verify?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Just wondering, if you've seen this recently, can you tell who is playing the Cowherd character?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Actually, what I wonder is how Forgetful can reminse if he can't remember anything. Anyway, it does sound real appropriate for Richard's last performance as Forgetful. I wish I would have seen that one.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol good point, I hadn't thought of that! Well, a common theme on SS was that your friends can help you with your difficulties. :smile:

On the other hand, maybe it's because Noel Cowherd was a non-regular on the street. My friend and I always joked that the SS regulars were keeping Forgetful...well forgetful, because he was funny to have around. lol

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, I forget things all the time, so he's pretty normal compared to me. Lol.

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
PiLfan said:
i heard/read somewhere that the forgetful jones muppet actually appeared on the street a few times in the mid/late 90s, but in a slient, background, anything muppet sort-of-role.

for instance, i think someone mentioned there was a street scene in Hooper's store involving dialogue between two characters, and in the background forgetful jones walked by and grabbed a cookie off a plate or something, and then off he went. can anyone else verify?
I believe your'e right about that. I do remember seeing that episode thinking he was back, but was disapointed when I didn't hear him speak. He also made cameo appearances in Elmo saves Christmas, and Elmo Palooza. In Elmo saves Christmas he was seen walking by Hooper's Store at the beggining of the special, and he shook a wrapped present that he had and held it to his ear. That's all I remember. I think he was only seen briefly in the background of Elmopalooza as well, from what I remember, he was trying to pull something heavy through a door but was having a very hard time doing so. I think the writers were probably considering bringing him back at one point, but figured he was Richard's charachter through and through, and he was best kept in the Sesame Archives. Hope this helps

Dantecat

Reaction score
Don't forget that Forgetful was also in the end where he sings Keep Christmas With You with his friends outside and then after the song during the closing credits,You totally see him talking to Cookie Monster but you just could not tell what they were saying because of the music during the closing credits.And as for Elmopalooza,He was also seen with some of his friends of finding out how they can all help each other finding out how to get Jon Stewarts door opened while it's stuck until Slimey sneezed it open from Bert's Pepper that Oscar asked.Hope this helps bring back good memories since that's definitely everything.:wink:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Was this the main plot of an episode, or just a segment (or possibly a two-part segment)? If it's a segment, then how do you know it was new and not just from an earlier season? If it was an episode plot, then it could have been a rerun from a few years earlier, with the episode number changed. I have read that Richard Hunt stopped performing on Sesame Street one year before his death, due to his health.