Characters who met Snuffy before episode 2096

minor muppetz

Reaction score
LincolnHeights said:
Here is a clip of the first time The Count ever meets Snuffy from Season 16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd_lg6w4UAw

Notice the Count is shocked at first, but is so preoccupied with Counting he gets over it rather fast.
How do you know that sketch is from season 16? It could have been made/ broadcast after the adults first saw Snuffy. Like I pointed out in another thread, The Count wasn't there when the adults first saw him. Do you know of any specific season 16 (or earlier) episodes with that sketch? The Count does act a bit shocked at first, but Big Bird doesn't seem to be too excited over the fact that The Count saw Mr. Snuffleupagus.

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
Because I remember it being aired before the adults met Snuffy. Not only that, but I have a friend who watched the show during that season and remembers almost all the episode numbers and what they were about, and he told me it was from episode #2067, the adults finally met Snuffy on 2096.

PiLfan

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I don't think Olivia was the only human not to meet him.. In all the clips and pictures that I've seen from that scene, I never saw Willy or Mr. MacIntosh there.
Were Willy and Mr. MacIntosh still on the show in '85? I just assumed they had retired or moved on by the late 70s/early 80s, but I'm not sure.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
According to Sesame Street Unpaved, Mr. MacIntosh was on the show until 1992. I don't know when Willy left, but he did appear in the 1985 movie Follow That Bird, the 1988 special The Sesame Street Special, and the 1989 special Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counbting. Mr. MacIntosh appeared in those last two specials, as well as the 1990 video Sesame Street Home Video Visits the Hospital.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
After reading some of those new guides. I noticed Forgetful Jones actually met Snuffy in a season 13 episode so apparently 1836 wasn't their first meeting. So the running gag of forgetful meeting snuffy then forgetting about it actually went on longer than we thought. Also in season 13 Slimey meets Snuffy however at that point Slimey didn't talk so he couldn't really tell anyone. Also once again in season 12 tellys sister Mona met Snuffy but she was a child monster so she fell into the same category as the kids.

BertFan

Reaction score
I know Bert saw him before Episode 2096 currently we only have a short clip of the audio you can hear it here:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think the only regular character who never got to actually meet Snuffy was Mr. Hooper, sadly.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
I'm glad David got to meet Snuffy. The adults met him just a few years before David passed. He had some good moments with David. One of my favorites is when Maria and Luis fall in love and Snuffy has a misunderstanding about it and he tells David he will still be his friend even tho him and Maria aren't friends anymore.