Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow

bigbird

Reaction score
If i'm not mistaken, I think I remember Judy Collins with a group of kids singing "Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow". I think Judy was singing the lead vocals while the kids sang the backing vocals...a real cool song! I'd like to know how long it took to get the right kids to blend in so well with Judy. Does anyone remember the rest of the song?

sesameguy

Reaction score
Yes, that's a great song. I remember Judy was sitting down with the kids on the beach & they were singing it with the waves breaking in the background. Does anyone happen to have it? I'd love to see that clip again! You can find the song on the old "The Stars come out on Sesame Street" album. That album has become a treasure if you like finding rare tracks. It also features songs by Ray Charles and Johnny Cash. Here are the lyrics:

Chorus:
Yesterday, today, and tomorrow
Whether they bring pleasure or sorrow
Time is something no one can borrow;
Yesterday, today and tomorrow

Yesterday is gone, it's all remember-when
Yesterday is past, it never comes again
Yesterday was bright, or yesterday was grey
But all I know is how I feel today (chorus)

Tomorrow never comes, it's only on the way
For yesterday's tomorrow has become today
We miss what's very close by looking out so far
We all can learn, today is where we are (chorus)

Today is all there is, today is not too late
Today's the only day we have to celebrate
For yesterday is gone, tomorrow's far away
And everyone is living in today (chorus)

clipjj27

Reaction score
'Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow'

I'm listening to the song right now and already my eyes are welling up! Glad this has been posted!

sesameguy

Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know about this. This has been on my "most wanted to see/hear again" clips for a long time. A great song. The version on the "Stars come out" album is just a tiny bit longer (one more chorus at the end).