Muppets Season 1 releases Aug 9, 2005

anathema

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
Just got the set in the mail......

and it HAS the 1st SEASON OPENING on the episodes
On all 24 shows? I ask because the last broadcast distribution set I saw included the original openings for 15 shows but not the other 9 (Moreno, Williams, Aznavour, Horne, Duncan, Price, Twiggy, Merman, Mummenschanz).

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Now I can die happy.

I mean, yeah, I already have all 24 original openings, but now I can see the whole eps., openings and all, in DVD quality.

My faith in this is also restored.

And yeah, let us know if it's on all 24. I mean, I figure it is, since they used the original PAL masters and hey, if it's on some, why wouldn't it be on all?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

anathema

Reaction score
Pretty much my thoughts when I saw the aforementioned broadcast set :smile:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I know. I didn't expect you to say everything. have you gotten around to watching every episode yet? hass the Disney logo been added to the shows?
No I havent seen all yet just the first 10.

There is a new logo on there. At the start of each episode theres the Muppet Studios logo that is also seen on the Statler and waldorf bit on movies.com. But it dont interfer with the opening theres a fade to black around it.

MuppetDanny said:
What kind of "Zoot" ending was it? "Sax & Violence", "Time-Life" or No shot of Zoot at all?
It's the "time-life" zoot shoot. and it has the muppet holding copyright writing at the bottom of the screen.
anathema said:
On all 24 shows? I ask because the last broadcast distribution set I saw included the original openings for 15 shows but not the other 9 (Moreno, Williams, Aznavour, Horne, Duncan, Price, Twiggy, Merman, Mummenschanz).
I havent seen them all yet. But I belive it's on all 24. I can say for sure that it's on Williams, Aznavour, & Price. Since I've seen them (Not actually seen price yet had to fast forward it to a uncle deadly line to answer a question on tp)

rexcrk

Reaction score
This is great! I knew that Disney was going to do great things with the Muppets! :big_grin:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
A couple of questions for you, Muppet_dk:

-Which end credits do they use, the left-justified, the centered credits, or a mix of each? Given that they're the UK versions, I would guess the left-centered ones, but a mix wouldn't surprise me.

-Everything in the opening credits lining up so far with what's listed in the MC episode guide? I'm wondering if the first three are any different, since the first two have broadcast and pilot versions, and the third was broadcast in a largely pilot version (i.e. Kermit's extra line in the opening theme).

-And most importantly, how are you liking the episodes?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

anathema

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
It's the "time-life" zoot shoot. and it has the muppet holding copyright writing at the bottom of the screen.
Well, I guess that's about as close as we'll ever get to seeing the original - at least it's a shot of Zoot in the orchestra pit :smile: Have you checked the Kaye Ballard show yet? On the original, this has a different ending...

I havent seen them all yet. But I belive it's on all 24. I can say for sure that it's on Williams, Aznavour, & Price. Since I've seen them (Not actually seen price yet had to fast forward it to a uncle deadly line to answer a question on tp)
Excellent! :smile: (I assume the answer to the question was "Jack Parnell"? :smile:

Animal

Reaction score
Hey Henrik(muppet_dk)!

Cool to hear that you already got the set and from a Danish store...! NICE!
Can I ask you which one??? My guess is Axelmusic, but I could be wrong!!!

Also, GREAT to hear that we get the original openings. I can´t wait to finally get my copy of the set very soon. It´s just a shame that we don´t get the Jim Henson Retrospective documentary on this set. IMO I think it would be a better special feature on this set, than on fx. The Muppet Movie. But just as long as we get it, then I´m happy. I also look forward to see "Sex & Violence" again, and then in "hopefully" GREAT quality.

Thanks again for letting us know about the set...probably the first review ever of this set!!! :halo: :halo: :halo:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
-Which end credits do they use, the left-justified, the centered credits, or a mix of each? Given that they're the UK versions, I would guess the left-centered ones, but a mix wouldn't surprise me.

-Everything in the opening credits lining up so far with what's listed in the MC episode guide? I'm wondering if the first three are any different, since the first two have broadcast and pilot versions, and the third was broadcast in a largely pilot version (i.e. Kermit's extra line in the opening theme).

-And most importantly, how are you liking the episodes?
Well it's a mix....My memory played a trick on me yesterday when I said the opposite in a nother thread.
Well I haven't compared them to what is written in the MC guide.
I like them. It's been quite awhile ago sincce I last saw the season 1 episodes.

anathema said:
Have you checked the Kaye Ballard show yet? On the original, this has a different ending...
No haven't gotten to that one yet.

anathema said:
(I assume the answer to the question was "Jack Parnell"? :smile:
Correct

And Hans you are not wrong when you say Axelmusic.