Your Favorite Cartoons on Sesame Street

ILuVERNIE

Reaction score
The cartoons? Oh, I never really liked the cartoons... I watched it for all the Sesame Street people!

Censored

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
perhaps no one knows the answer so please just ask once. I don't always get answers or responses to my posts.
And yet, Mike, you recently responded to your own post about summer songs on TMS, a post that had been ignored by everyone for a year:

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=20435

What's more, your second posting got a response. Maybe sometimes it does pay to ask more than once, eh?

PiLfan

Reaction score
ok, this one is a bit obtuse...mainly because, even though i recollect much of it, the cartoon seems to make no sense or really teach anything ('cept abstract art maybe).

it's a grainy cartoon of dark colors...it shows an apple tree on a green mound or hill against an orangish sky background. there's this little, unrecognizable, critter off on the corner of the screen that shoots its tounge at the tree like a frog (the critter looks nothing like a frog, btw) and the apples begin to fall one by one. after about 4 or 5 apples fall, the camera pans backward and you see that the green mound is really some giant's forehead...then it just ends. it's accompanied by some rather creepy music, sort of like muffled bagpipes.

like i said...weird. anyone else remember this one? i last remember seeing it sometime in the 80s, but it was probably made in the 70s.

This one has now been posted on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvkchEElugQ

Sesamo2012

Reaction score
the cartoon that best stood out was the pointer sisters that did the Pinball songs they were really cool and had a great musicial saying adding 123456789101112 but thats the best i ever had growing up. also thier was this ball that went up staris to make a song i think.

ISNorden

Reaction score
My personal top 5 favorites:

5. A cartoon I've unofficially called "Leave the Flowers Alone": a child picks flowers, thinks of picking more when the first ones wilt, but reconsiders when he sees the living flowers shrink away in fear. When the child does the right thing, a burst of rosy hearts appears in the sky as upbeat music plays.

4. "O Imagination/The O Song": a musical cartoon with stream-of-consciousness lyrics, telling a story full of long-O words. Animated by the Hubleys, just like the "E Imagination" cartoon in Episode 1.

3. "A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter." The one thing that puzzled me as a girl: why a generic "container", instead of a size (gallon/quart) or type (carton/bottle)?

2. "Cowboy X": I always had mixed feelings whenever X was the letter of the day; a lot of the segments about that letter seemed negative or even scary to me as a girl. But the Cowboy X cartoon was an exception. The narrative was clever ("it's so crazy it just might work"..."they really weren't very smart"), and the "getting off on a technicality" ending would make any mischievous toddler laugh out loud.

1. "1-20 Raga": I don't know CTW's official title for this one, but it's the Hinduesque counting cartoon that aired (in English and Spanish) during Episode 276. The strange instrumental music, the psychedelic patterns, and the four-armed figure counting on his fingers all fascinated me as a girl.

Drtooth

Reaction score
1. "1-20 Raga": I don't know CTW's official title for this one, but it's the Hinduesque counting cartoon that aired (in English and Spanish) during Episode 276. The strange instrumental music, the psychedelic patterns, and the four-armed figure counting on his fingers all fascinated me as a girl.
Dude, I know someone who was totally afraid of that one. But I love that one myself.

My favorites are virtually anything done by established or rising animators, especially Craig Bartlett, Mo Willems, John Dilworth (three of my favorite CN shows were done by them, Mo also wrote for KND), Bud Luckey and Sally Kruikshank.

I also loved the guest cartoons... Superman and Batman (still don't get the one in the pilot about the letter D, though) Jughead Jones, and of course the Pink Panther.

By my absolute favorite was the cat impatiently waiting for his dinner. That one's so good, it should have also toured with animation shows.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
No one's replied to this thread for five years but I figure threads like this will always be relevant.
Here's some good ole' Bud Luckey animation, this is hands down my favorite of all time:
The style of the animation is beautiful and so is the song. The two kids playing at the end gets to me every time :cry:

As for more recent cartoons, this is certainly one of my favorites:

This one has a very classic feel to it.

Censored

Reaction score
The early animation segments are definitely my favorites.