Anyone see Garfield the Movie yet

Lazy J

Reaction score

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
The "shock collar" thing was part of the fictional plot, right? Not part of the actual production (I hope...)

Anyway, I saw this movie last night, and was very pleasantly surprised! I hadn't read many positive reviews, but I was always a big Garfield fan, and I figured I owed it to 10-year-old Andy (who wouldn't forgive me if they made a Garfield movie and I didn't go). Anyway, it was a lot of fun. They really got the tone right, and Bill Murray was great as Garfield. The human cast was also just right. The plot of the movie (without spoiling too much) was basically the same plot as another high-profile kids/family movie written by the same screenwriters--I'll leave it to you to figure out what I mean. In any case, if you like Garfield as a character, I think you'll really like this movie.

:smile:

P

Philo and Gunge

I wonder if there is a US Acres short before the movie...

jediX

Reaction score
Maybe next weekend. No matter how good this flick is, it can never stand up to Garfield's Halloween Special. Period... best Halloween special ever.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I've never been so disappointed by a movie as much as when I saw Garfield. What was up with Liz? Jenifer Love Hewitt was the wrong person to play her!! In the strip Liz is really kick-*** and cool; but she's a big girl in the movie. And I don't like seeing Garfield's good side. And Nermal! And...ooh I'm seeing red as I relive it!!

Animal Jam

Reaction score
The movie was okay. I got it on DVD for christmas. The parts of Nermal, Arlene, and Liz were totally crappy. They should have made it like the TV specials. :sympathy:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Seriously, I got mega excited when I first saw the trailer [I almost literally screamed the cinema down!!!!!] and I got excited when I saw it was live action- I love when animation is converted to live action (I love Scooby Doo, and the live action Flinstones- I hope the live action Simpsons- if made- are that good) but it was all wrong. Odie wasn't brain dead enough, Jon wasn't dorky enough, Liz didn't have enough attitude, Nermal was too street smart, Arlene was too girlie. Garfield was spot on though; Bill Murray was a great replacement of Lorenzo Music!!

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
I didnt really like it. the other animals should have been animated and lyman wasnt in it!