Sesame Street Season 53 Episode 5331 - Love Makes a Family

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5331 - Love Makes a Family
Max Premiere: Thursday, June 1, 2023
PBS Premiere: Monday, March 11, 2024

Relatives from all over come to celebrate Family Day, and Big Bird wonders if his Granny Bird will be able to make it to the party.

This episode features a street story from Season 51, Celebrating Me, Celebrating You, Celebrating Us ("Potato Sack Race"), a new Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Lentils"), and a new Elmo & Tango's Mysterious Mysteries ("Missing Shaker").

If you saw "Love Makes a Family" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It was nice to see Louie involved in Mysterious Mysteries. His version of the Sesame theme on sax was nice.

ACvillagerFan

Reaction score
While it does feel odd that they're repeating a street story from Season 51, when they haven't even started repeating stories from Seasons 49 and 50, as was talked about on Discord, the most likely reason was the possibility that they wanted to do something for pride month, but scheduling conflicts involving the actors who played Dave and Frank led to it not happening (particularly, in the case of Alex Weisman, who appeared in like one or two episodes this season). And considering that the rest of this episode is entirely new material (The "Love Makes a Family" song, new framing scene with Tamir and Kayla, and the new Monster Foodies and Mysterious Mysteries segments), it seems that they had the material in mind for a new street story, but wanted to use something to go along with it, so it's likely they went with this.

That honestly feels like the most plausable reason, and the more I sat on this, the more I think that's the reason. I guess we will see something focusing on Frank and Dave next season. But if that's the reason for this episode repeat, then I get it. Still feels jarring seeing Nina's family being introduced when they've been semi-regulars this season, but still.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Love Makes a Family" premieres on PBS this Monday, March 11. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Season 53 episodes are also available to stream online at pbskids.org/sesame for a limited time.