Muppet Film and TV References

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I was watching a newer episode of The Simpsons last night and they briefly showed a picture of Bert and Ernie in the background.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The newest Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episode contained two Muppet references in the same segment.

-There's a scene where Homer walks into Mr. Burns's office and he has a bunch of animals in cages. One of which was none other than Animal playing the drums :halo:.

-Later on, Homer refers to Professor Frink as "Beaker" at one point :eek:.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The second reference from the Simpsons thing I just posted reminded me of a similar joke from an Epic Rap Battles of History video.

Sir Isaac Newton (played by the great Weird Al Yankovic) is going up against Bill Nye the Science Guy. His first line is:

"Of all the scientific minds in history, they put Beaker in a bowtie up against ME!?"

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Here's a list of a few more references that I recently discovered.

-In a very recent Family Guy episode, Peter claims that his car has a Blue Lives Matter bumper sticker on it. He then goes on to explain that it's not to support cops, but rather because he likes Grover.

-One of the Young Sheldon episodes from last season had a scene where Sheldon's Grandma and her boyfriend are watching Dinosaurs together. He thinks it's hilarious, but she keeps complaining about how the logic in the show makes no sense.

-The latest SML Halloween special had an ongoing reference throughout the entire thing, Jeffy was dressed like Cookie Monster.

-An American Dad episode that aired last month had a moment where a doctor said that Hayley had developed, "Muppets Take Manhattan-style amnesia." She even used an x-ray of a Kermit skeleton as a demonstration.

-A couple weeks ago, I started watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. One episode had a pimp who was fond of Fraggle Rock for some reason.