Hensonville City 2011

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know, I was interested in IC Jose Garza's truffle ice cream.
:batty: And?
He added a truffle raspberry jam and chocolate truffle ganasche. Which if I had all three components at once it'd be like Baskin-Robbins's Chocolate Raspberry Truffle flavor, the one flavor I've eaten in my entire life that I absolutely loathed the taste of. Mom loved it though.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Drops off a gift-wrapped package in the doorside mailbox for Apt 6. The package holds different flavored teabags and a Storyteller bookmark I found at the Bizarre Bazaar for Kim, and a travel-sized bottle of Boober's favorite laundering lotion as birthday presents for the pair, sorry we didn't say anything about it this past weekend.
Hope you had a decent day. :excited: :insatiable: :hungry:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Gillis: How're you holding up?
Kim: Better. I think I've gotten over the shock from hearing the news last night. Don't think I'll be able to listen to an episode yet, though. Probably not for a while yet.
Gillis: (nodding) Understandable. And the writing's helping?
Kim: Mm-hmm. (nods) Keeps my mind off of all the possible directions AIO and Focus could go with Eugene now that Will's gone. Though obviously they're not going to decide anything right now; it's too soon. (breathes deep) Now, on a completely different subject, are you lot still coming to my house for Thanksgiving this year?
Gillis: We wouldn't miss it!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Kim: Hey guys, I'm watching the rest of last night's Battlebots if anyone's interested.
Lily: Ooh, I'm in!
Boober: Isn't the last hour just a rerun of the Bounty Hunters episodes from last season?
Kim: Yeah, but it's been so long I don't remember who winds up being the Bounty Hunter, so its almost like watching a new episode.
Boober: *shrugs* Good point.
Gillis: Have you noticed if they've aired any tribute to the poor young man with the horse mask yet?
Kim: Not yet. According to the GoFundMe they were trying to organize something for the final sessions that were taped in September, so we probably won't see anything until the final episodes. And that's if anything makes it on camera.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Man, it's good to hear someone still living in this ol' berg.
It's been snowing and raining on alternate days this month, you need a good umberella when steppin' out.
Good thing I've got a late afternoon get-together with the family to warm up these bones o' mine.

UD: Personally, I prefer the winter cold as it provides just the fright chill up people's spines.
:batty: So long as ve can still mingle down at the club and count heads there I'm happy.

*The scare crew set to making breakfast/clearing away the kitchen dishes/writing several fiendship cards to be sent to various HVC acquaintances.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*In the personal tribute portrait gallery...

The camera follows the trail of those who are honored in the halls of the building located within the James Maury Memorial Cemetery down one side, then curving slowly to travel up the opposite side.

David Bowie.
Jerry Parkes.
Don Sallin.
Jerry Jull.
Christine Nelson.
Jerry Nelson.
Richard Hunt.

Jim, Jane, and John Henson.

Matt Robinson.
Will Lee.
Alaina Reed-Hall.
Northern Calloway.
Carroll Spinney.
Emilio Delgado.
And the scare crew huddled at the newest portrait to be added, Bob McGrath.

Ed: Count, would you do the honors?
:batty: I... I can't. It's... *He brakes into quiet tears at the thought of one of the street's pillars' death.

Ed: Uncle D?
UD: Mmm, I could, but it wouldn't feel fright.

Ed: Okay... I might have an idea.
*Calls Kathy: Hi Kath. Yeah, we're holding up after the news last Sunday. Listen, I want to ask a favor. Is :sympathy: available?
*Ed explains what's going on. Okay, thanks.
*Hangs up, he'll be hre soon.

Rowlf shows up a few minutes later.
:sympathy: Hi fellas. You need me to do it huh.
He grabs a thin ink brush and bottle poised to add the name and dates at the bottom of the portrait.
:sympathy: From Ol' Brown Eyes to Ol' Blue Eyes, may your voice ring out as clear and golden in the heavens above as it did the time you were here with us on this earth.

Once the gang finishes up...
Ed: Come on guys, let's go to Jim's Coffee House for some hot chocolate or milkshakes, my treat, they're sure to have Bob's music playing there among all the holiday music.

RIP Bob McGrath, June 13, 1932-December 4, 2022.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Kim: So, I was totally not surprised by the results of that first round. How about you guys?
Gillis: No, no surprise at all. Of course, we've seen enough ICA to know not to bet against an Iron Chef.
Boober: To be fair, the Iron Chefs in previous Tournaments were all eliminated early: Cat Cora, Stephanie Izzard, the ICAG...
Kim: Yeah, you've got a point Boober.
Gillis: I must say, the addition of the Wild Card to the Randomizer has been...interesting, so far. And it's still amusing to see the chefs who aren't used to it dealing with Guy's countdown shenanigans.
Kim: So, I know it's early, but any guesses yet as to who the big-name judge for the final is going to be?
Lily & Tosh: Bobby Flay.
Tosh: I mean, Guy brought Morimoto in to guest judge last year. The only chef we can think of whose reputation is that big or bigger is Bobby.
Kim: That is a...very good point. Though Bobby Flay and Guy Fieri in the same kitchen, even if neither of them is cooking? I don't know if the world can handle it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Dang, forgot this year's Triple G Tournament of Champions began last night. Eh, I'll catch the repeats.
Bigtime judge for the finale? Wolfgang Puck? He's been featured on the Best Thing I Ever Ate enough times and he beat Morimoto waaaay back on ICA as well.:hungry: :insatiable: :fanatic:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Kim: Well, while it's nice to see a newcomer take the belt this year, I'll admit I'm a little disappointed that it wasn't Britt.
Tosh: I know! I was hoping she'd get to the finals, too! Britt vs. Mei Lin would have been an awesome battle no matter who won it.
Lily: But at least Britt will be back next year for TOC 5!
Gillis: And we can be certain that the Randomizer will be even more...random.
Kim: Oh, definitely.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The scare crew goes over this year's schedule for Freeform's 25th 31 Nights of Halloween.

Hmm... Zombies 1 and 2, Twitches 1 and 2 (Kim and the Fraggle girls will be happy about that), The Addams Family and Addams Family Values (good, I thought the second film was strangely absent last year). Halloween Town 1 and 2 both on separate nights and together, and then on October 18 with the third film, and on October 22 and 28 all four films from that franchise in scarathon form. A grand total of 18 airings of Hocus Pocus, thought they'd have gotten in an airing of Hocus Pocus 2. The first Spider-Man trilogy and the follow-up duo of films along with the two Incredibles films, I can understand as dressing up as super heroes. The Twilight franchise's five films, well, that's time I'll spend elsewhere. Hotel Transylvania 1 and 3: Summer Vacation... Why no Hotel Transylvania 2? At least that's time I can spend with my elder niece who likes the films. Aladdin, the 2019 version and Encanto? What do they have to do with Halloween? And Mrs. Doubtfire, that's an airing they could have given to either Sleepy Hollow or Sweeny Todd.

And then the real crown ghoul, The Nightmare Before Christmas! On October 1, 7 :smile:batty:'s birthday), Frightday the 13th, and 29 with a special 30th Anniversary tag. Wonder how that'll differ from the normal airings given that the announced Pop 'n' Knowledge version doesn't really air on my affiliate.

Will have to see how this falls within my proposed plans for the last week of October if those schemes don't fall through. :scary: