Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

MWoO

Reaction score
Seems interest is lacking in this line, and it's been a VERY long time since we first saw them solicited, but Sam and Rizzo are finally showing up in stock at online retailers and are shipping. Mine will be here tomorrow.

Some things to note from pictures online:

Almost all accessories are gone, except the podium for Sam.
Rizzo is the same size as Gonzo when at best he should have been Bean size.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I got mine today! First time owning both these characters in action figure form! Sam is very cool and a nice addition and so is Rizzo. Diamond select did a recent Ask DST and they asked about more Muppets, DST said that they are talking to Disney about doing more figures.

I’m hoping the next pairing is Lips as the main since the “Muppets Mayhem” show is going to premiering in the future, and either Pepe or Walter as the 2nd character. If they end up doing a Wave 5 any characters you would want to see?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
As far as I know there were never any other accessories planned for them.

And yeah, Diamond Select's quality control is pretty bad (to me at least).

Diamond select did a recent Ask DST and they asked about more Muppets, DST said that they are talking to Disney about doing more figures.
They said "items" so no guarantee it's figures as they've done other Muppet things.

GoldHattedGonzo

Reaction score
The box itself has 4 additional accessories shown that are not in the box.
Wait, really?! That's very weird...
Seems interest is lacking in this line, and it's been a VERY long time since we first saw them solicited, but Sam and Rizzo are finally showing up in stock at online retailers and are shipping. Mine will be here tomorrow.

Some things to note from pictures online:

Perhaps I just wasn't paying close enough attention, but I was under the impression that the re-releases were doing significantly better than the line the first time around - it still isn't totally massive in terms of reach, but I feel like I'm seeing more people talk about them now than when they were first released.

MWoO

Reaction score
Wait, really?! That's very weird...
Yeah, the box shows a poster, a stand for the poster, a light, and a phonograph. All are re-use other than the phonograph so they aren't a huge lost, but the phonograph would have been a nice addition to my Palisades/DST hybrid display. I have a feeling that the box was designed a long time ago (these were first solicited in 2018 I believe) and they didn't want the additional cost of reprinting the boxes.

As for sales, I can't gauge how much money the line has done. However, collectors are not DST's real customer. Retailers are their customer. They need a big chain to carry the line to really make a line viable. I believe the first round of figures was at TRU, before they folded. Wave 4, if you can call it wave 4 since it was pieced out over time, only had small comic shops to support it. You can find them on Amazon, but it appears that is because DST has an Amazon store. It's not as if Amazon bought up stock of this line.

This is why a lot of lines struggle. No retail support to pay for things up front. I hope we see more from the line, but I doubt we will see figures packed full of accessories and additional pack-in characters like we did with series 1-3.

Oh, and my package seems to have gotten delayed in the mail. Hopefully it will be here Thursday.

Random numbers

Reaction score
This is why a lot of lines struggle. No retail support to pay for things up front. I hope we see more from the line, but I doubt we will see figures packed full of accessories and additional pack-in characters like we did with series 1-3.
Is there any chance this line continues? I would love to add some additional characters to my collection. The DST answer referenced in earlier comments gave me some hope. I missed out on collecting Palisades, and many are just too expensive for me secondhand. I was really hoping DST would produce Lew Zealand, Lips, Pops, Beauregard, and the Newsman. Is there any hope of that?

Random numbers

Reaction score
It seems kinda unlikely but there's always a chance.
During the Diamond Select 2022 Showcase Q and A in April, they said they are working on more muppet figures. Maybe we haven't heard anything because plans need to go through Disney, and that is a slow process. That's my hope anyway. Questions about more muppet figures are at 30:35 and 33:10 in the video link below. Maybe plans have changed since this streamed, but it is giving me hope!

Random numbers

Reaction score
I've heard DST is making a new 2 pack for this line. Which characters do you hope they produce and who do you think they will? My guess is Lips and Pepe. My hope is Lips and Lew Zealand.