Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Speaking from experience as someone who did binge a lot of full episodes of Sesame Street during some stressful periods in 2020 and 2021 - I personally find enjoyment more out of seasons I saw as a kid (24-32, and an occasional select amount from 18-23). Otherwise, I have tried it with seasons I have only checked out for entertainment with certain segments and historic purposes with street scenes, and I just find myself bored. Especially with season 1 where so many inserts repeat themselves and get repetitive, and just the 70s stuff in general where a lot of it was all improvised street scenes thrown together.

You might like the idea of going through every single episode that exists, but it’s easier said than done, and the inserts will eventually catch up with you depending on which era of episodes you’re watching.

If you’re gonna go through every episode, you’re better off just skipping around to see material/street scenes you haven’t seen yet. Otherwise you’ll get bored constantly seeing the Number Counting Series and Jazz number cartoons constantly repeated over and over.

Last edited:

kathy26

Reaction score
I Love Episode 1885 aka Episode 1615 where they went to Grandma Harriet's Farm

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, I’m afraid I have the answer. It IS Andrew who is responsible for it. (Surprise, surprise!) The first person he told seems to be a tech genius and was able to figure it out. Go figure.

datman24

Reaction score
Well, I’m afraid I have the answer. It IS Andrew who is responsible for it. (Surprise, surprise!) The first person he told seems to be a tech genius and was able to figure it out. Go figure.
Do you know for a fact that he was responsible?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You show concern about these episodes leaking on the internet yet show jealousy that you don’t know how to gain access to them? 🤨

Personally, this sounds more like you just want to feel in charge of the library determining who’s allowed access rather than feeling frustrated more shows are leaking.

hooperfan

Reaction score
We really don't know for sure if Andrew is the main source for the leak.. I mean, it's very probable, but at the same time - he does like to ruffle feathers, so he could be saying he's the blame just to get that recognition...

So, I'd say it's 50/50 myself.

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
Have any of the Test Shows 2-5 leaked anywhere, or are they "lost"? Just a thought that occurred to me the other day.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’m honestly starting to wonder if those maybe just got misplaced.

But realistically, all I’d really be more of interested in seeing are Ernie and Bert clips (even if they aren’t ones that didn’t surface in 2017).

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
Yeah, they made a ton of E&B in those early days. It's funny: Ernie's signature voice wasn't yet settled in the test period, and during the 1st season, Jim's mid-western accent had Ernie saying things like "heem" instead of him.