2022 kicks off with a return to the Elmo and Rocco argument…

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Well this is one way to start the new year of 2022… a return of Elmo vs Rocco. Plus given how social media is nowadays it seems like this debate has attracted unique sides to it all. As fans of Sesame Street and Elmo what is your take on how this debate comes back up and would it lead to a New Elmo and Rocco story on the show or at least a YouTube video short ?

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Honestly, a reignited interest in the Elmo/Rocco feud has gotten me into a theory that there could be a deeper meaning to this and how it ultimately ruined Elmo and Zoe’s friendship. If anyone’s interested, I’ll try to find a place to post it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why is this even such earth-shattering news right now? I honestly can't even remember the last time Elmo had a big blowup over Rocco on the actual show.

datman24

Reaction score
As much I hate Elmo, the Rocco episodes were one of the few times where I actually found him tolerable. I can only hope that this reignited interest will prompt them to do another Rocco episode. I don’t think they’ve done one in several years, at least not since Kevin Clash and Fran Brill were performing Elmo and Zoe, respectively.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Since Elmo and Zoe were both recast, there’s been very few team-ups (as the performers don’t feel the right chemistry), and I’ve heard they did away with Rocco because it appealed more to adults than kids and the show was focused less on things that appeal to the parents.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Why is this even such earth-shattering news right now? I honestly can't even remember the last time Elmo had a big blowup over Rocco on the actual show.
Because the internet finds Elmo and Rocco’s feud funny now.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Since Elmo and Zoe were both recast, there’s been very few team-ups (as the performers don’t feel the right chemistry), and I’ve heard they did away with Rocco because it appealed more to adults than kids and the show was focused less on things that appeal to the parents.
Really now that is a surprise given the Elmo and Zoe dynamic of the past.

datman24

Reaction score
I’ve heard they did away with Rocco because it appealed more to adults than kids and the show was focused less on things that appeal to the parents.
That sounds like something they would have done, but do you have a source that confirms this?

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Looks like Sesame Street uploaded one of the most recent Elmo/Rocco episodes to their YT channel today.