The new What Made You Smile Today thread

Any Del

Reaction score
Couldn't agree with you more!

To be blunt, I'm GLAD tomorrow would be August. Can't wait to start classes again to finish up whatever classes I have left, Courage and Scooby crossover in September and more to come.

My Anixety and PTSD has been going off and on lately.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My anxiety and grumpiness was acting up completely after what happened with me at Texas Roadhouse that it just completely ruined my sleep schedule. Also didn’t help with other things that made this month sucky like getting the stomach bug and also blowing a good portion of my money just to renew my library card cause i DoN’t LiVe In MaSsAcHuSeTtS aNyMoRe 🙃

I’m definitely going to hit up my dealer soon to see if he has weed if it means I can just repress more negative thoughts

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Snowthy, you’ll appreciate this.
Before they paired up in The Odd Couple, Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau starred in “The Fortune Cookie”.
Lemmon was a mild-mannered tv cameraman who gets tackled covering a football game.
Matthau was a money-grubbing lawyer hoping to turn the injury into a million dollar payoff.

Even back in 1967 frivolous lawsuits were tying up the courts.
But the chemistry between the two was already flowering.
They did work very well together in whatever they appeared in as a duo, I agree with you there. As far as their take on the Odd Couple is concerned, they were great together, and Walter Matthau was really good as Oscar (then again, he was just perfectly suited for those kinds of curmudgeonly roles), but I didn't really care much for Jack Lemmons's Felix . . . yeah, he was neurotic, as Felix should be, but he also felt far more uptight, obnoxious, and pompous compared to Tony Randall's more impulsive, manic, and free-spirited (for the most part) Felix. Though, to be fair, that first season that was single-camera with only a laugh track, Felix and Oscar both felt far more restrictive and subdued compared to the other multi-camera live audience seasons, where they both were far more spontaneous and charismatic.

Speaking of which, I understand that both Tony Randall and Jack Klugman tested for their respective parts for the 1968 movie, which is amusing to think about it could've been a rare instance in show business where two movie actors actually reprise their starring roles on a TV show . . . back then, it just wasn't done, hence why all but Radar O'Reilly were recast with lesser-known actors when M*A*S*H was adapted from the movie to a TV show; movie actors were considered too big, too expensive, and too important to even lower themselves to TV work . . . nowadays, it seems like more and more once-prominent movie stars are doing not only TV work, but even internet work as well.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Thank you Alex!!! I just saw the Sesame clip of shapes around Oscar’s garbage can.

Rectangles up the wazoo.
This is a good slice of what my Sesame days were like. A few years after this, that old trunk would be gone and replaced by that big wooden crate.
Joe Raposo’s score was groovy. And that was a neat video trick back then, taking a pen to outline shapes. They still use this technique during football games, showing how players run past opposing players.
And David narrated quite a few of these.
Once again, this old geezer thanks you for another slice of Sesame heaven, 🥶

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
No, I meant Little Jerry. There’s a precious few I know by their first name.
Way back when there was another Brian, but it was easy to tell us apart, and he’s been gone a long time.