Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
There’s probably a reason that list of retired SST Muppets from a few years back didn’t include him.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
ATC really was a Dork Age era in more than just its expansion of the street, but a lot of the new characters they introduced during that period. I'm sure I'm probably wrong, but Joey and Davey Monkey feel like they were just an excuse to give Joey Mazzarino and David Rudman characters they can do together since they seemed to pair up with one another well much like Jim and Frank or Jerry and Richard.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It wouldn’t surprise me if that were the case. I mean if you ask me, Baby Bear and Zoe were both just excuses to give David and Fran street characters. And they were easily two of my least favorite characters since childhood.

Like I said before, much as I did enjoy the ATC era, it really showed how much it was trying to compete against that horrible purple dinosaur.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Zoe aside (I have no issues with her), Baby Bear didn't start becoming a decent or tolerable character until Season 30 when he and Telly being best friends had really solidified (and giving him his own puppet design as opposed to a recycled generic bear puppet really helped). Otherwise, he incessant ranting about Goldilocks was just insufferable, and it made him seem like a one-dimensional and one-note character.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Nah, even after season 29 I could not stand his character. His voice alone is absolute nails on a chalkboard for me.

As I said before, I feel like Zoe really dumbed Elmo’s character down, and sometimes I felt that way with Baby Bear and Telly.

Last edited: