Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've seen Republicans call the insurrection that happened on January 6 everything from a rally to a parade, now some of them are calling it a "normal tourist visit." Yeah, because normal tourists always visit landmarks by the hundreds, vandalize their surroundings, subdue security, and attempt to murder the people who work there. That's a totally normal thing, especially in Murka.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This feels like something a former friend of mine who's a big-time Retrumplican who recently relocated to Florida and has basically been going to Disney World every day since then would've drawn and published. . . .

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean the thing is Disney is known for being dishonest and just straight up pandering to everything if it only means keeping their good image.

The drawing really lacks any humor but I see the point it’s making.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Honest question: do you think years from now, Republicans will be butthurt over people still be obsessing over 1-6, even though they themselves continue to obsess over 9-11 every year like it's something to be proud of?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Who says 9/11 was something to be proud of?
I dare you to name one specific name who would’ve been proud of 9/11.
So out of 75 million Republicans, naming at least one would give your argument at least a shred of legitimacy.
Not twenty.
Not ten.
Not even five.
ONE
It might be a stretch, but the bar is low enough to find one.
Best of luck.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone else wonder wth d'snowth is talking about after most of his posts?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I think what Snowth meant was how a good portion of Republicans (not all) have the “never forget” mentality with 9/11 (which by all means isn’t something we should forget) but have an annoying “get over it!” mentality anytime the left brings up something controversial (and some cases I can agree with them, others not so much). This is something I have personally seen with Republican folks on social media.

That said, saying “to be proud of” wasn’t exactly the best way to bring up the point regardless if it was being used as a satire way of poking at the mentality (which didn’t come out all that great if I’m being honest).

With that in mind, who knows what republican folks will be like it comes to that event being brought up within a year. But frankly if they have a “get over it!” mentality when the time comes then they’re only making themselves look like absolute fools as we know who contributed to the problem in the first place.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The thing I take exception with is when Snowthy says Republicans this, conservatives that, evangelicals this, blah blah blah.
As if all think the same, all have the exact same mindset, that there’s no room for any difference of opinion.
There are some Democrats I can find common ground with. But unfortunately the most radical- AOC, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Talib, etc. hold the most sway.
When I point out the inconsistencies and hypocrisy of Democrats, I bring up specific names and examples, instead of just throwing out “Democrats are...”
It would give Snowthy more credence if he could do the same.