The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have found acid corrosion on old batteries before, but that usually was the result of a certain item having been dumped in storage and not used for a looong period of time, but I've never experienced such from letting batteries completely die before replacing them.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean the batteries were past the expiration date to begin with, so that could have been a contributing factor, but I did notice my remote wasn’t really responding well so I don’t know if they were exactly dying or just past expiration. 🤷🏿‍♂️

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At least in my case, since I had to upgrade all of my cable hardward and devices last year, my TV will actually tell me my remote's battery status . . . for weeks, it's been saying that it's time to replace the battery, but has shown the battery level to be 25% . . . so I just keep using it as is, and gradually it eventually dropped down to 17%, but it still functioning properly. As of now, it's down to 1%, but hasn't conked out yet. Once it does finally stop working, I'll change the batteries.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Am I the only one who wasn't afraid of The Wicked Witch of the West as a kid?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, I wasn't afraid either.

Nor was I afraid of THE BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER, or PEE-WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Me as a youngster watching Wizard of Oz, seeing the Wicked Witch for the first time: (chill) "Ah, so you're the villain of this movie, and you're gonna give Dorothy, the hero, a hard time ... okay, okay, I get it. Continue..."

Everyone else: EEEEEEEEK! (hiding under bedsheets)

:stick_out_tongue:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There was only one scene where the witch scared me.
When Dorothy sees Auntie Em in the witch’s crystal ball, Em disappears and here comes the witch. The camera zooms in, and the witch turns to us and laughs with all the evil she can muster. It only lasts a second, but that was one scary second.

In real life, Margaret Hamilton was a sweet lady. In later years she played Cora in Maxwell House coffee commercials. But as the witch, I was so happy to see her melt.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I mean the batteries were past the expiration date to begin with, so that could have been a contributing factor, but I did notice my remote wasn’t really responding well so I don’t know if they were exactly dying or just past expiration. 🤷🏿‍♂️
The only battery I don’t want dying on me is my car battery.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who actually doesn’t really like watching full (full) episodes of Sesame Street (unless it’s maybe like specific episodes)?

Like, I have to be honest, I just prefer watching the scenes cause the inserts only get in the way. And I find the only time I really watch entire episodes now is if I’m high as a kite (it’s actually now my preferred way lol).