Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Well we all know that we aren't going to get an explanation from anyone on here as to how the Georgia voting reform laws are racist.

So has anybody been paying attention to the investigation in to Rep. Matt Gaetz from Florida? I haven't followed all the details but from what I have read this guy is a major slimeball. He's got to go.

MWoO

Reaction score
No, not a link to an article. I know what is in the bill. In your own words, why is this bill racist?

And not someone else's opinion either. Read the bill, explain why you think it is racist.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Basically it’s establishing you have a positive ID to vote.
You also need a positive ID to check into a hotel, finance a car, get on an airplane, fill out a job application, so all those demands must be racist too.

MWoO

Reaction score
Basically it’s establishing you have a positive ID to vote.
You also need a positive ID to check into a hotel, finance a car, get on an airplane, fill out a job application, so all those demands must be racist too.
No, no. Let LittleJerry or Dsnowth actually talk about what is in the bill and why it is racist. No links to articles of other people's opinions, just let them read the bill and then tell us why. I am sure that is what is taking so long, they are reading it REALLY carefully. I mean, they feel so strongly about it, I am SURE they read it for themselves.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
As I got a reply to a user I trust instead of a certain someone from one of the most ignorant cities in NY known as Brooklyn I have on ignore and am choosing not to reply to anything he quotes me afterwards, I shall now give my answer. Thank you for being patient.

The reason I find it racist is because the bill is making it harder for people of color to vote. What this basically goes to is the fact that Georgia became blue in November and as a result, Trump lost. This goes back to a history of voter suppression. Georgia does not like that people of color had the chance to vote. Georgia has always been a very right-leaning state and a racist one at that. The fact that they weren't getting food or water when waiting in line and a black woman was arrested for knocking simply for trying to find out what was going on says enough right there.

Frankly this is why I don't like Georgia and a lot of Southern states for that matter.

MWoO

Reaction score
As I got a reply to a user I trust instead of a certain someone from one of the most ignorant cities in NY known as Brooklyn I have on ignore and am choosing not to reply to anything he quotes me afterwards, I shall now give my answer. Thank you for being patient.
Passive aggressive much?

The reason I find it racist is because the bill is making it harder for people of color to vote. What this basically goes to is the fact that Georgia became blue in November and as a result, Trump lost. This goes back to a history of voter suppression. Georgia does not like that people of color had the chance to vote. Georgia has always been a very right-leaning state and a racist one at that. The fact that they weren't getting food or water when waiting in line and a black woman was arrested for knocking simply for trying to find out what was going on says enough right there.

Frankly this is why I don't like Georgia and a lot of Southern states for that matter.
How does the bill make it harder for people of color specifically?

"The fact that they weren't getting food or water when waiting in line..."

You do know that this isn't a thing that has happened yet, right? Also, why is it racist to not give food or drink to anyone in line, regardless of color?

The bill actually states this:

"No person shall solicit votes in any manner or by any means or method, nor shall any person distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to an elector, nor shall any person solicit signatures for any petition, nor shall any person, other than election officials discharging their duties, establish or set up any tables or booths on any day in which ballots are being cast: (1) Within 150 feet of the outer edge of any building within which a polling place is established; (2) Within any polling place; or (3) Within 25 feet of any voter standing in line to vote at any polling place. These restrictions shall not apply to conduct occurring in private offices or areas which cannot be seen or heard by such electors.

This Code section shall not be construed to prohibit a poll officer from distributing materials, as required by law, which are necessary for the purpose of instructing electors or from distributing materials prepared by the Secretary of State which are designed solely for the purpose of encouraging voter participation in the election being conducted or from making available self-service water from an unattended receptacle to an elector waiting in line to vote."

Basically, they don't want people bribing voters or soliciting votes while they wait in line to vote. Plus, you missed the part where water can be provided by poll workers. It also doesn't prohibit people from buying food or water, or bringing their own food or water. Where is the racism in this section?

Also, the "black woman [being] arrested for knocking simply for trying to find out what was going on" was not arrested for "trying to find out what was going on". She knew exactly what he was signing and was fully aware of the bill. She was trying to stop him from signing it. She also isn't just "a black woman". She is a member of the GA House of Representatives. She was part of the process by which the bill was passed. She was trying to disrupt the signing of a bill by the governor. Kind of like those people that were trying to disrupt the certification of the presidential election results... huh....