RIP Alex Trebek

theSHE124

Reaction score
The eggs CRACKED me up when I saw the video above! :laugh:

Anyway, there's a channel on my cable provider called Buzzr, and they did a special marathon tribute with another game show Alex hosted, Classic Concentration. 1st time I watched that, one guy somehow guesses the rebus wrong, "I Am Not A Kook." [There was a pic of a chess rook.]

To that, later on, Alex Trebek asks him, "You just won $3500 in prizes, and now you're admitting you're not a kook??"

BTW, I am not a kook! :smile:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I remember that show. In the bonus round, you had to match up numbers to win a car.
Being the early 90s, there were a lot of models of cars that don’t exist anymore, like the Suzuki Swift, Subaru Justy, etc. One guy missed by a split second, and cried on Alex’s shoulder. Alex almost gave him the car out of pity.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Sorta late but just had to pay my respects to Alex Trebek since I didn't catch this thread before. Been an avid Jeopardy viewer since I was 4 or 5 and Alex was always a mainstay. No matter how my life changed, he was always there providing clues and awarding cash prizes. It was tough watching that final episode on January 8th but it's admirable that he hosted until the very end. RIP to a game show legend, he will be sorely missed.