"Major and important" Muppet announcement coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I’ll be darned. I truly thought the big announcement was going to be something uneventful but this.. this is awesome!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’m just expecting to hear from fans grumbling about what songs were edited out.

That and also it looks like they’re sadly effing up the crop ratio.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
I’m just expecting to hear from fans grumbling about what songs were edited out.

That and also it looks like they’re sadly effing up the crop ratio.
Henson biographer Brian Jay Jones has said via Twitter that it won’t be cropped. Don’t know why they did it for the trailer but I’ll let it slide.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Henson biographer Brian Jay Jones has said via Twitter that it won’t be cropped. Don’t know why they did it for the trailer but I’ll let it slide.
Recall,what happened when the Simpsons made it to Disney + with all of its seasons. I expect the same thing to occur here.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, I'm ****** about this. This isn't fair to any of us who have been waiting all these many years for Seasons 4 and 5 to be released on DVD. Leave it to Disney to be like, "Oh, you wanted those two seasons of TMS all this time? Sure! Buy our exclusive streaming service first, then you can see 'em!"

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean, if you really wanted to, you could just screen record the high quality sources and burn them on dvd.

MWoO

Reaction score
Okay, I'm ****** about this. This isn't fair to any of us who have been waiting all these many years for Seasons 4 and 5 to be released on DVD. Leave it to Disney to be like, "Oh, you wanted those two seasons of TMS all this time? Sure! Buy our exclusive streaming service first, then you can see 'em!"
Yeah, spending 6.99 is way worse than $26 dollars per season, which is what season 3 retailed for in 2008. I'd rather spend $130 on all 5 season instead of $70 for a full years worth of almost all marvel, star wars, fox, and disney content in addition to the Muppet show and most of the muppet movies. Clearly DVD sets are a better value.

Anyhoo... It is nice that these will be on the service finally. I was hoping there was more to the "big announcement" though. I wanted some kind of new project like a movie or a show that isn't Muppets Now.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
In fairness some people prefer physical media over digital. There’s nothing wrong with that.
I was excited when I heard this. I don't get Disney+, but my girlfriend does. So between the season 1 through 3 DVDs and the episodes that TimeLife released, this is exciting news.

Status
Not open for further replies.