Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Somebody riddle me this: if Trump is uniting and bringing people together, and isn't doing anything to incite or stir up violence among his base, then why, after spending three days watching the RNC on TV, has my dad been attacking my mom and calling her a, "Typical, crybaby, Democrat *****" without provocation?
So its President Trump's fault? OK then. :rolleyes:

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Will do? But, this is now, what brand of logic is this? I'm terribly confused.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score

Will do? But, this is now, what brand of logic is this? I'm terribly confused.
Hint: it's not Trump supporters doing this

BTW this is from Kenosha WI where they had a recent police shooting. Protestors burnt half of the downtown down. President Trump offered Gov. Evers (D) federal troops but Gov. Evers refused the help. Half of the downtown got burnt down and two protestors ended up getting shot. Gov. Evers relented, the National Guard showed up, and it's been peaceful for the last 6 days.

Last edited:

Any Del

Reaction score
Here’s one thing I’ve learned, from someone who’s been around a little longer than most.
God’s love is unconditional. He is not a God of hate, fear, spite, or your love has to be earned. He gives it freely.
But so many still have trouble accepting it.
We, as people, struggle with loving people unconditionally like God does. His love is Agape love.
I’ve been a practicing Christian for 20 years, and I’m still learning, still growing, still knowing I have a way to go.
Do Christians leave something to be desired? Yes, some do, and the same can be said for Jews, Muslims, agnostics, and anybody else. Many people fail to live up to the ideals their religion sets for them. Is it my place to judge them? No, because only one is qualified to do the judging, and it certainly ain’t me.

I do love it when people storm off in high dudgeon. “I’m leaving! I hate you! I’m picking up my marbles and going home and never coming back! Nyaaaahhh Nyaaaahhhh!!!!!”

one hour later. “I’m back! Anybody miss me?”

I signed off this site for two years. I seriously doubt anybody noticed I was gone. When I did come back, I slowly made my way back into the fold. It was hard when besides Snowthy you had Sarge, drtooth, and others who ate a thousand posts for breakfast.
But I made my presence known, not by beating people over the head, but adding only when I had something worth saying. I was never into posting for post’s sake.
And with the people mentioned above, we didn’t always agree, but I earned their respect, and they earned mine.
That's why I respect you so much!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well, Portland keeps burning down with rioters and looters for 100 days now.
Over the weekend things got a little crazier than usual. Rioters were throwing Molotov cocktails at the cops. Someone’s aim wasn’t too good and one cocktail exploded and set one of the protesters on fire.
So the kid is running around getting torched (another kid tries to put out the flames by throwing a garbage can at him. This was on the news. I can’t make this up).

Two cops were able to smother the flames and take him to the hospital.

Let the irony sink in for a minute.

Detritusarisen

Reaction score
What I find disturbing is that people here tend to discuss politics with the same veracity you would discuss homestuck shipping (gonna relate it to this, I was into homestuck at like peak popularity) like it's a game or like it's a trolley problem. As someone who can go outside and be murdered for who I am, can be discriminated against and denied basic human decency like healthcare too, be systemically forced into failure over something I can't control about myself, these are all really real issues that I face. I've had friends and family commit suicide over **** like this, I've had friends get murdered over who they are I've had friends die because they weren't able to get the treatment they needed. And I'm very lucky I come from a relatively well off family, were not rich or anything but we have a nice house and we scrape by with more than the necessities, and I pass relatively well, and I get to live in a relatively safe area, but I just can't stand seeing this played like ******* star trek trivia. Like your choosing Kirk or Picard. Maybe these things aren't affecting you directly but think about the thousands if not millions being affected. It's morally repugnant that you would argue to justify the mass killing of innocent civilians like it's a hobby. I just, I don't know if this is going to be coherent but you probably get my message I'm just, god I'm disgusted.

MWoO

Reaction score
What I find disturbing is that people here tend to discuss politics with the same veracity you would discuss homestuck shipping (gonna relate it to this, I was into homestuck at like peak popularity) like it's a game or like it's a trolley problem. As someone who can go outside and be murdered for who I am, can be discriminated against and denied basic human decency like healthcare too, be systemically forced into failure over something I can't control about myself, these are all really real issues that I face. I've had friends and family commit suicide over **** like this, I've had friends get murdered over who they are I've had friends die because they weren't able to get the treatment they needed. And I'm very lucky I come from a relatively well off family, were not rich or anything but we have a nice house and we scrape by with more than the necessities, and I pass relatively well, and I get to live in a relatively safe area, but I just can't stand seeing this played like ******* star trek trivia. Like your choosing Kirk or Picard. Maybe these things aren't affecting you directly but think about the thousands if not millions being affected. It's morally repugnant that you would argue to justify the mass killing of innocent civilians like it's a hobby. I just, I don't know if this is going to be coherent but you probably get my message I'm just, god I'm disgusted.
Kindly cite the statistics for the number of hate crimes in the US you claim are happening. Then, please cite how many of those perpetrators were not prosecuted.

How are you being systemically forced into failure?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Can you clarify the "mass killings of innocent civilians" part?