Doctor Who and the Marvelous Muppets

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Sorry for the long wait. I've mapped out how the rest of the story will play out, and I can guarantee it's going to be fun to read. :wink: In the meantime, here's the next chapter! :smile:
-----

“You wanna run that plan by us one more time, Doc?” Crichton made this request with a heavily skeptical tone. The Doctor could see it in all of their faces – the Moya crew, the Muppets, and her own fam. Her plan had to be the riskiest one she had ever thought up, but it was the only one they had.

“Alright, one more time,” she huffed in frustration. “We take one of the Infinity Stones from the present with us to the past: the Time Stone.”

“Right, we get that,” Graham interrupted. “But what I don’t get is why we need the one stone that lets you travel through time, when we already have the TARDIS?”

“Because, Graham,” the Doctor emphasized his name in a condescending voice, “my TARDIS isn’t of this dimension. I can’t willy-nilly jump about through time here without exhausting the TARDIS’s reserved energy. So I’m gonna need the Time Stone to give it the boost it needs.” She then paused, reflecting on one phrase she uttered in her clarification. “Willy-nilly. Ugh, don’t like that. I’m never saying it again.”

Despite her clarification, the group still had their concerns.

“It’s a solid plan, Doc,” Crichton said, “but there’s one major flaw: Thanos already has the Time Stone.”

And there was the part where she fretted to tell them, “Yeah…fully aware of that…it’s the one thing I didn’t wanna tell you.”

“Tell us what?” Yaz asked.

Scooter had already figured it out. “She, uh…wants us to take the stone from Thanos himself.” He gulped at the prospect, loud enough for those around him to hear.

“Aaaand I’m out,” Crichton was the first to resign. “It’s a suicide mission, Doc.”

“You’re right, it is,” the Doctor confessed, “which is why I’m doing it myself.”

The group was quick to object to this, but it was the tiny Robin whose little voice carried the loudest. “No! We’re not letting you! I don’t care what everyone else does, but I’m not gonna let you face that monster all by yourself!” He walked right up and stood by her, his diminutive size more apparent beside her taller frame. “The Doctor is our friend, and friends are stronger together.”

“Not strong enough against Thanos,” Crichton muttered under his breath, only to receive an elbow to his side by Aeryn. “Ow! What the…?!”

“Quiet, the littler Kermit makes a good point,” Aeryn told him.

The Doctor was touched by Robin’s encouraging words and support. Impulsively, she knelt to envelop the small frog in literally the biggest hug he had ever received. “Thank you for that, Robin.”

“The kid’s right, Doc,” Graham spoke up. “We are stronger together.”

“And we won’t let you deal with Thanos alone,” Kermit boldly proclaimed before turning to Scooter, Fozzie, and Gonzo. “Right, guys?”

Scooter gathered his courage and stood with Kermit. “Right, boss.”

Fozzie and Gonzo, on the other hand, stood with Crichton on the matter. “Sorry, Kermit,” Fozzie said on their behalf, removing his hat and nervously fiddling with it in his furry grips. “You’ve seen what this Thanos guy’s capable of.” And then, unexpectedly, he changed his mind, in spite of his fears. “B-But Robin’s right, fellas,” he told Gonzo and Crichton. “The Doctor’s been there for us many times. We can’t abandon her now.”

Crichton couldn’t believe it took a bear in a pork pie hat to talk some sense into him. “The bear makes a reasonable point,” he admitted. “God, I must be outta my mind.”

The Doctor wiped away a tear that managed to leak out from the corner of her left eye. Don’t let ‘em see ya get all misty-eyed, Doctor…that’s what hugs are for…and you can’t hug everyone in this room, she mentally instructed herself. Once she was able to compose herself, she proceeded to use the TARDIS to locate Thanos and the Time Stone, pinpointing the location to Thanos’ homeworld of Titan.

---------------​

Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff, Sam Wilson, Bruce Banner, and James Rhodes arrived in style to the witness of Miss Piggy and the Doctor. The team landed in a Quinjet, the signature aircraft for S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers (although neither faction was in service any longer). Miss Piggy and the Doctor got to see each of the passengers as they disembarked on the helipad.

“Is that scruffy bloke Captain America?” the Doctor observed of the former Avengers spearhead. “Blimey! I don’t know about that beard.”

“Oh, give him a break,” Piggy told him. “He’s been through a lot since becoming a fugitive from the government. Besides, he could look like Willie Nelson for all I care, as long as I get the first scoop on the meeting between King T’Challa and the Avengers.”

“Dey’re not Avengers anymore, h’okay,” said Pepe, who appeared out of nowhere with Beauregard. “Dey broke up like the Beatles…except the government was like Yoko Ono and Iron Man was John Lennon.”

“Quite the metaphor there,” the Doctor remarked.

“Uh, Miss Piggy?” Beauregard said whilst filming. “Should we even be recording the Not-Avengers, if they’re fugitives?”

“We’ll blur their faces in post!” Piggy griped. “Just keep rollin’!”

Beauregard did as he was told while the Doctor approached Rogers and his entourage. “Captain…may I still call you ‘Captain’? I feel like ‘Steve’ is a little too personal.”

Rogers questionably glanced up and down at the tall, thin man in the suit and tie. “I’m sorry. You are…?”

The Doctor completely forgot that he and the famed American hero had never properly met before. “Right, sorry.” He took Cap’s hand into his own for a handshake. “Name’s the Doctor.”

At this introduction, Romanoff recognized the individual in front of them. “You’re the one who rescued Wanda and Vision in Scotland.”

“We were briefed on you by Ciciley Livingston and Agent X,” Rogers said. “They mentioned something about a ‘dusty old British police box’ that’s actually a spaceship bigger on the inside?”

“Yeeeeah, that’d be my TARDIS,” the Doctor confirmed, trying not to be offended by the agents’ description of his ship.

Banner approached the Time Lord, standing close enough to examine his face. “Wait a sec. You’re the Doctor? Back in Manhattan, there was a blond woman in a blue-grey overcoat with Kermit the Frog, and she claimed to be ‘The Doctor’.”

The Doctor was slightly perturbed at this. “Dr. Banner, I assure you, whoever that woman is, she may be a doctor but she’s not the Doctor. I’m the definite article, you might say.” He was quick to return to business thereafter. “I’m also the man who plans on taking Vision and the Mind Stone off-world and out of your dimension.”

“Out of our dimension?” he heard Ciciley Livingston objectively say, manifesting on the helipad with Agent X and T’Challa. “Don’t be absurd.”

“You’ve seen my ship – the one you seem adamant in calling ‘dusty’,” the Doctor disputed. “You know that Vision and the stone are much safer with me than they are here where Thanos and his invasion force can easily reach them.”

“We’re more than capable of protecting Vision and keeping that stone from Thanos,” Ciciley firmly stated. “Why’re we even listening to you? As far as I’m concerned, you are a civilian here. So why don’t you just—” Her command was cut off just as a loud explosion erupted overhead.

Something tried to breach the energy dome that protected Wakanda’s Golden City. They soon discovered it to have been one of many alien dropships that made its rapid descent from space, landing in the forests outside the dome.

“The invasion has started,” the disconcerted Doctor said through gritted teeth.

-------------------​

Materializing on the desolated world of Titan in her TARDIS, the Doctor and her large group of friends exited from the ship and surveyed the ruined landscape. “If I came from a world like this, I’d turn into an evil megalomaniac myself,” Ryan reflected.

“Never judge a book by its cover, Ryan,” the Doctor passed on her wisdom. “Titan was once a beautiful planet, rich with people and resources that eventually ran out, due to overpopulation.” While considering this history, she surmised, “That’s what Thanos intends to do with the Stones: preventing other worlds from falling under the same ruin as Titan.”

“You say that like he’s the hero in all this,” Kermit hinted.

“No hero would do what Thanos did to Knowhere,” Robin contradicted. “That was horrible!”

“I wholeheartedly agree with ya, Robin,” the Doctor said. “Every megalomaniac – as Ryan cleverly described them – has their reason for doing the evil that they do. But, from their perspective, no matter what, they’ll always see their intentions as good.”

In the middle of the group’s excursion, they were stopped by a triangular metallic object that randomly landed in front of them. “What is that?” Graham inquired of it.

The device automatically opened like a blossomed flower, emitting a bluish light.

Right away, Crichton recognized what it was. “It’s a gravity mine! Take cover!” His warning came all too late, as the mine was triggered and pulled all of them towards it, bunching them all together.

“Wow! What a rush!” Gonzo exclaimed, smushed between D’Argo and Graham.

Using her sonic screwdriver, the Doctor shut off the gravity mine and gave everyone (herself included) their mobility back. It happened just as another group of individuals hostilely surrounded them. The Doctor was relieved to have seen them to be Iron Man, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, and a few members of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

“Oh,” the Doctor gasped. “You lot got your own team-up goin’?”

“Silence, woman!” Drax the Destroyer demanded. “We know Thanos sent you to kill us!”

“You are imbecilic as usual, Drax,” D’Argo insulted. “You and your so-called ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’.”

“Wait a sec,” uttered Peter Quill (a.k.a. “Star-Lord”), who deactivated his helmet to expose his dumbfounded (or just plain dumb) face. “What’re you guys doing here?”

“Same reason you a-holes are here – Thanos,” Crichton retorted.

“You all know each other?” Yaz discerned of the exchange between teams.

“Unfortunately,” Aeryn told her. “We’ve crossed paths once or twice with the Guardians. Not surprised they’re here, considering they’re the ones responsible for Thanos obtaining the frellin’ Reality Stone.”

“That’s bullcrap!” Quill barked. “He wouldn’t have gotten it if we’d been to Knowhere before him!”

“Really?” Crichton challenged. “Just the three of you? Thought there were more Guardians than what I’m seeing right now. No wonder you got your butts handed to y—” His insulting remarks earned him a swift punch to the face, delivered by Quill, inciting a brawl that their teammates had to break up.

Through the entire altercation, Fozzie and Graham detected noticeable similarities between the Guardians and the Moya crew. “They’re practically identical to each other,” Graham noted. “Both got human nits leading the squad.”

“Yeah, and both have aggressive stereotypes,” Fozzie added.

“Which one’s the aggressive stereotype?” Graham quizzed the bear.

Separated from Crichton, Quill screamed to his equal, “It wasn’t just the Reality Stone Thanos took! He took Gamora, too!”

“We will get her back, Mr. Star-Lord,” the Doctor reassured.

“It’s just ‘Star-Lord’,” Quill told her. “And how am I supposed to take your word for it, lady? I’m just supposed to accept it at face value, when I’ve never even seen your face before.”

“She’s the Doctor,” Robin vouched. “You can trust her.”

The Doctor graciously glanced at the little frog. Such a wonderfully supportive lad, that one.

“This feeble woman cannot possibly be the Doctor,” Drax negated. “The Doctor was an old white-haired man with external genitalia.” His description was a bit too literal for everyone, all of them issuing complaints at once.

“We talked about this, man,” Quill told the Destroyer. “Six words or less.”

“Drax the Destroyer, the walking thesaurus,” the Doctor identified of the Guardian member. “You have more than enough reason to destroy Thanos, after what he had done to Ovette and Kamaria.”

Drax stiffened at her knowledge of his personal history. “How do you know the names of my wife and daughter?”

“Told ya – I’m the Doctor.”

While the Guardians were overwhelmed with several questions as to how the young blonde was once the old Scotsman they knew, Crichton suddenly took notice in the fact that the wizard he saw abducted by the Black Order on Earth was now with the Guardians. “Hey,” he addressed him, “I would’ve figured Thanos had you and the Time Stone by now.”

“I was rescued – to put the term loosely – by these two,” Strange rigidly gestured to Iron Man and Spider-Man. “Though it was Stark’s grand scheme to take the fight to Thanos here on his turf.”

“What?!” the Doctor heard this. “That’s insane! There’s no surviving any fight with Thanos. It’s a no-win scenario.”

“Isn’t that what we’re here to do?” Gonzo indicated.

“Thankfully not,” the Doctor happily told the weirdo, “now that the Time Stone is still with Doctor Strange. He’ll give it to us. Right, Doctor?” She beamed at the irony of calling someone other than herself “Doctor” for a change.

“Wrong,” Strange answered.

The Doctor’s face fell on his refusal. “O.K. Wasn’t expectin’ that.”

“Grateful as I am with all you’ve helped me with in the past, Doctor, I cannot willingly give up the Time Stone, even to you,” Strange explained.

The Doctor maintained her courteousness as she counseled with the sorcerer. “I know you’ve recently used that stone to look into several possibilities of winning the fight with Thanos – fourteen million six hundred and five outcomes, correct?”

Stark was amazed at her accuracy. “That is astonishingly on the nose.”

“Thanks,” the Doctor fleetingly acknowledged before returning on Strange. “How many of those outcomes did we win?”

Strange paused for a long moment until he finally replied, “Two.”

“You told us you saw only one,” a baffled Tony Stark reiterated to the sorcerer.

“I did,” Strange admitted, “but the other outcome is too much of a risk to the multiverse.”

“It’s the Doctor, isn’t it?” Kermit construed. “Her presence here and now has changed everything.”

Strange confirmed the frog’s analysis with a firm nod.

“Trust me when I say that I know the risk,” the Doctor assured, “and I will do whatever’s necessary in preserving the multiverse when I’m finished.”

Despite this assurance, Strange remained very hesitant.

In that moment of hesitation, he and his fellow heroes heard the crackling of energy nearby and sensed a gust of wind blow past them. They all turned their attention to one area of the wasteland where a dark cloudy portal opened out of the thin air. From it emerged the Mad Titan himself, Thanos.

TO BE CONTINUED...

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Hey, all! I'm back with good news! There'll be a new chapter posted this week! This one is gonna be a game-changer! :smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The endgame is going to be a lot different this time. :embarrassed::concern:
--------------

Through a pair of binoculars, Agent X watched the intense conflict that took place on the open Wakandan fields between the forces of Earth (led by Steve Rogers and T’Challa) and Thanos’ invading army. Most of that army consisted of creatures unlike anything X had seen before – mindless, savage soldiers with leathery black/yellow skin and four, clawed arms. They were the prime definition of “terror.”

Nonetheless, X wished she was down there on the battlefield to fight them…to defend her home. She wasn’t there for the “incident” in New York, back when she was still Agent Sean Livingston. Not that she would’ve been much help at the time, without the powers that she has now.

“We should be helping them,” X told Ciciley, who paced back and forth around Shuri’s lab on Mount Bashenga. “I should be helping them!”

“We need you up here with us, babe,” Ciciley denied. “You and Wanda are the most powerful ones on the team. We need your abilities to protect Vision while Shuri safely extracts that stone out of ‘im.”

“But Wanda’s really the more powerful one between the two of—”

X stopped mid-sentence as soon as Shuri urgently approached them. “That man – the Doctor – he has him in that blue box of his,” she alerted.

“Has who?” X inquired, but Ciciley had already guessed before X noticed her dashing out of the lab with her gun drawn. X chased after her, all the way back into T’Challa’s throne room where the Doctor’s TARDIS still stood. Its doors were left open, allowing the two agents to run right in and catch the Doctor with Wanda, Piggy, Pepe, Animal, and Beauregard at his side. Vision was nowhere to be seen.

“Where is he?!” Ciciley demanded to know, taking aim for the Doctor’s head.

Needless to say, the Doctor was not at all pleased to be the one staring down the barrel of Ciciley’s Screaming Eagle. “Agent Livingston, I feel it’s in my nature to tell you that I have a strict rule when it comes to GUNS IN MY TARDIS!!” He raised his voice with such ferocity that it made Ciciley twitch a bit, nearly pulling the trigger.

“Hey, hey,” Pepe said, peaceably raising all four of his arms. “Let’s chill out here. No reasons tah lose our heads, okay.”

“I have to agree with the shrimp on this one, Moms,” X told Ciciley.

Ciciley didn’t let up. Her focus on the Doctor remained, until it was obscured by a red leather corset. She then realized Wanda stood in between them, blocking Ciciley’s aim. “It was my decision to trust him with Vision,” Wanda told her.

“Wanda, how can you trust a man you’ve only just met?” X asked.

“Because he saved us when no one else did… not even Steve, Natasha, or Sam.”

X attempted to make a counterargument before they all heard a skirmish happening outside, right in Shuri’s lab. Ciciley and X quickly abandoned their mission in reacquiring Vision from the Doctor in favor of assisting Shuri and the Dora Milaje stationed there with whatever threat infiltrated the lab.

Unfortunately, the Doctor restricted their exit by shutting the doors to his ship.

“What’re you doing?!” Ciciley roared to the Time Lord. “Let us out!”

“I can’t!” the Doctor refused. “If that’s what I think it is, then your plan to keep Thanos’ army from the Mind Stone has failed!” He proceeded to run around the hexagonal control console at the center of the room, flipping switches and turning knobs. “Our only hope is to transport Vision and the stone to another place in time!”

The hums and grinds that denoted the TARDIS’s dematerialization process reverberated around them. Ciciley flew into blind rage at this, refusing to allow this Doctor character to take them and Vision away, leaving their friends and allies at the mercy (or lack thereof) of Thanos and his invasion.

She took aim once again, this time for the TARDIS control console.

“Doctor! Look out!” Piggy warned, having noticed the agent’s action.

Hearing Piggy’s warning, the Doctor turned to see Ciciley aiming for the console. But he was too late to do anything. Ciciley fired a single bullet from her Screaming Eagle that tore through the console. Sparks shot from it as the entire ship careened out of control, knocking everyone off their feet.

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!” the Doctor screamed to the woman responsible for their plight within the time vortex.

-------------------

“Blimey! He’s a lot bigger than I thought he would be!”

Graham’s astute observation correlated with those of the Doctor and the others there on Titan with them, as they looked towards Thanos. He stood a great distance from them in a rather tranquil sort of way, patiently anticipating their first move.

The Doctor took a step forward towards the Titan.

Then she stopped and looked back to her friends, the Avengers, the Guardians, the Moya crew, and Doctor Strange. “None of you make any sort of advance on him,” she instructed. “Anyone does anything, you’ll have more than Thanos to fear.”

“You got it,” Gonzo obliged on everyone’s behalf. “Just one thing: it’s not Thang-nose, it’s Thang-nosh.”

The Doctor cringed at the weirdo. “What?”

“It’d been bugging me since we left Earth where you first said it,” Gonzo muttered on. “I mean, I know it’s your accent, but I just had to…”

“Gonzo!” Kermit flailed in annoyance. “Now is not the time!”

Shaking off Gonzo’s ill-timed lesson in pronunciation, the Doctor refocused her attention on the Mad Titan. She immediately turned on her charm as she addressed him: “Thang-nose! I’ve been anxious to meet ya in person like this. I’m the Doctor.”

“I don’t care,” Thanos coldly remarked. “I’m not here to prattle with an inconsequential woman.”

The Doctor’s face fell at his insulting remark. “Ouch. I felt that one.”

Nearby, Robin whispered to his uncle, “What does ‘inconsequential’ mean?”

Kermit couldn’t believe that was all his nephew got from the tense confrontation happening in front of them. First Gonzo, now Robin. Could neither of them grasp the gravity of the situation at hand? Regardless, Kermit gave a brief but helpful response: “I-It means ‘not important’, Robin.”

He hoped that would be enough to put the little frog’s mind at ease.

Until Robin blurted out to Thanos himself, “She’s not inconsequential! She’s more ‘consequential’ than you are!”

Not even the Doctor could believe how brave Robin was to speak to Thanos that way. As much as she appreciated the thought of his support (and he’s been a huge support in every step that led to this moment on Titan), she silently wished he had kept his mouth shut.

“Silence, child,” ordered Thanos, who didn’t necessarily raise his voice to the little frog but spoke with enough strictness to get his authority across. “You know nothing of my affairs.”

The Doctor took offense to his retort. “O.K. Firstly, don’t speak to my friend that way. He has more wisdom in his lil’ body than you do in that big purple dome of yours. We’ve seen firsthand what your ‘affairs’ are like in Taneleer Tivan’s museum – or what’s left of it – on Knowhere. It looks like somethin’ from a baby with a bad tantrum.”

Her talking down to Thanos prompted all eyes to concentrate on her, including Doctor Strange’s. Only he gazed more closely at her and noticed how she made a “give me” hand gesture behind her back. It was clearly meant for him, still wanting him to relinquish the Time Stone to her. Strange nonetheless hesitated, clasping the Eye of Agamotto, in which the stone was contained.

Thanos, finally losing patience, commanded the Doctor, “Stand aside!”

As he advanced towards the Doctor and her group, he was suddenly blindsided by an incoming spacecraft – a Necrocraft from what the Doctor could tell of its make. Its pilot they soon discovered to be Nebula, Thanos’s other daughter. Unfortunately, the attack wasn’t enough to bring down the Titan, who retaliated afterward with the use of his Infinity Gauntlet and the few stones that were embedded in it.

The Avengers, the Guardians, the Moya crew, and Doctor Strange engaged in battle with Thanos, while the Doctor led Yaz, Ryan, Graham, Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter, and Robin back into her TARDIS.

“Well, that’s just wizard, is it?” Graham griped. “How’re we supposed to get the Time Stone now with that Strange fella usin’ it to fight the Big Purple People Eater out there?!”

“He doesn’t have it, Graham,” the Doctor said, right before she held out her hand, with the Time Stone sitting on her palm, much to the surprise of her companions and the Muppets.

“How did you get it?” Scooter inquired. “We never saw Strange hand it to you.”

“He willingly did while I was trash-talkin’ Thanos,” the Doctor revealed, wasting no time in inserting the Time Stone through a slot on the TARDIS control console, fusing it with the ship’s main power. It instantly took effect as all the crystals and structure of the room switched from an orange hue to a green one that corresponded with the stone.

Kermit nodded in approval. “Hmm. Nice ambiance.”

-------------------​

Strange hoped that “Doctor” woman knew what she was doing with the Time Stone. He entrusted her with it, not because he actually trusted her – he needed to hide it from Thanos. Their fight with him was overwhelming, with both the Guardians and the Moya crew submitted only minutes into the battle. With the few stones he possessed, Thanos was virtually unbeatable.

That didn’t stop Strange from using every trick he learned in his time with the Masters of the Mystic Arts to engage in a power duel with the Mad Titan. He launched the first strike, casting Eldritch energy that Thanos avoided by leaping into the air and blasting energy from the Power Stone. Strange countered, opening a gateway into the Mirror Dimension to absorb the beam before pushing the gateway at Thanos in a bid to trap him.

Thanos destroyed the gateway with the Power Stone, throwing remnants of it back at Strange in the form of a destructive black hole with the Space Stone. Thinking fast, Strange casted a spell to transmute the singularity into a swarm of butterflies – an act that momentarily baffled the Titan. Taking advantage of the distraction, Strange used his magic to multiply himself to restrain Thanos with hundreds of Eldritch whips, only for Thanos to activate the Soul and Power Stones simultaneously to destroy the false images and stagger Strange.

Thanos pulled Strange in towards him, utilizing the Power and Space Stones before the sorcerer could react. “You’re full of tricks, wizard,” Thanos mocked, as he had Strange clasped by the throat. “Yet you never once used your greatest weapon.” He ripped the Eye of Agamotto off its chain, crushing it in his bare hand. The pieces fell, but there was no stone inside. “A fake.”

As Thanos crushed the Eye, he looked beyond his hand and spotted something that stood out from the barren wasteland that was once his home planet: a blue box. It was pristine in condition, practically brand new, unlike the rusted, broken debris that floated throughout the atmosphere.

Then it occurred to the Mad Titan: where was that woman – the one who meagerly tried to distract me from my objective?

He tossed Strange aside with enough force that rendered the sorcerer unconscious when his head struck a stone. Then Thanos rushed for the blue box, knowing it to be where his prize was. But, just as he closed in on it, a red-and-gold armored figure landed with a hard metallic thud right in front of him, barring his path to the blue box.

“You wanna take the stone from the hot blonde in the space box?” Stark challenged him, sounding just about done with the Titan. “You’re gonna have to go through me!”

“Stark.”

“You know me?”

“I do. You’re not the only one cursed with knowledge.”

“My only curse is you.”

-----------------​

With the power of the Time Stone officially bonded with her TARDIS, the Doctor was just about to pull the lever that would dematerialize it off Titan and into the time vortex, taking them to the past to get the other stones before Thanos did. She hated leaving behind the heroes that bravely kept Thanos at bay. Of course, once her plan worked, none of them would be left there on Titan…and neither would Thanos himself.

As she was about to pull down the lever, something busted through the doors of her TARDIS and skidded to a halt across the floor.

Tony Stark.

His nanite-powered armor was in shambles, partially damaged, exposing his bruised, bloodied body.

The Doctor was just as frozen in horror as the others, seeing the armored Avenger in such a state. She rapidly snapped out of it, just as she spotted Thanos leaping for her TARDIS. Instinctively, she yanked down on the lever of her console at the same time Thanos clung his gargantuan form onto the Gallifreyan vessel.

By then, they were already moving through the time vortex.

Thanos reached in with his gauntlet-clad arm, only to begin suffering the dangerous effects from exposure to the vortex itself. His deep purple skin blackened and hardened across the left side of his face, as well as his upper half of his left arm. He howled in agony before losing consciousness and ultimately falling off from the TARDIS, left floating lifelessly through the vortex.

With him gone, the Doctor instructed to Ryan and Graham, “Help me get the doors back up!” The two men did as she said, taking the detached police box doors and holding them up while she used her sonic screwdriver to secure them back on their hinges, avoiding anyone else from floating out into the vortex.

Yaz, Robin, and Kermit tended to the beaten and unconscious Tony Stark.

“Thanos really did a number on him,” Kermit noted.

“Is he going to be okay?” Robin asked.

The Doctor did a quick scan of Stark’s body with her sonic. Relief washed over her face once she looked on the device for the results. “He’s still alive – that nanotech armor of his took the brunt of the punishment,” she said. “I’m glad we have at least one Avenger with us on our search for the other stones.”

“Uh, Doc?” Graham called. “You should see this.”

From his pessimistic tone, the Doctor assumed it to have been bad news. She turned to where she left Graham and Ryan after securing the TARDIS doors, and she saw them kneeling over a large golden object that sat on the console room floor. “Wait a sec,” she uttered in disbelieving recognition. “Is that…?”

Sure enough, it was.

Thanos’s Infinity Gauntlet.

“Well, it was nice of him to leave us his big shiny glove,” Fozzie said.

If that was a joke the bear was making, then it certainly brought a smile to the Doctor’s face for once. Unfortunately, her smile didn’t last for very long, as she discovered one stone missing from the gauntlet. Whereas the Reality, Soul, and Power Stones were now in their possession, Thanos still managed to hold onto one for himself: the Space Stone.

TO BE CONTINUED...

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Hey, everybody! Well, it's been another long break from this amazing story, but I'm happy to announce that I'm back to work on the next chapter, as of today! And I'm even more delighted to announce that Doctor Who and the Marvelous Muppets is getting a sequel (which is also in the works)! :smile:

Details are, of course, scarce right now. But I will say that the plot will center around a long feud between the evil Constantine and his nemesis, Black Widow! This is an idea that I had come up with for the current story, but it feels too big for it.

The next chapter of Doctor Who and the Marvelous Muppets will be up soon! :fanatic:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The endgame has changed! :concern:
-----------

Stark.

You know me?

I do. You’re not the only one cursed with knowledge.

My only curse is you.

It wasn’t a nightmare; it was a memory. Several of them played like a bad clip show in Stark’s subconscious. The Chitauri invasion, flying through the wormhole while carrying a nuclear missile, and – worst of all – losing his battle with Thanos. He still felt all the hits, mostly the ones that busted through his armor.

The memory of that last critical blow snapped him awake.

At first, he thought he was still on Titan…or dead. But the space felt different. It was more accommodating than the planet’s harsh, gravity-light climate. He was even lying in a cushy bed.

Then there was the banjo soothingly being strummed.

Tony tried sitting up to see who was playing. It was difficult at first, even while stripped of his armor – having been punched by a giant purple alien tended to leave some nasty damages, but thankfully nothing serious. As much pain as he had been through since the days of having shrapnel piercing his heart, nothing could’ve been worse.

The individual serenading on the banjo was someone more famous than him.

Kermit the Frog.

He was sitting on a stool inside the Victorian-style bedroom Tony awoke in, albeit with white walls that had a roundel pattern design. The frog had been strumming the first few chords of “Rainbow Connection” during the duration of Stark’s unconscious state, until he finally looked up and saw him alert.

“Ah, you’re awake,” he said. “We wondered when you would be.”

“Yeah,” Tony groaned. “I wondered that, too. How long have I been out?”

“Seven hours…”

“That doesn’t sound so bad.”

“Uh, you didn’t let me finish. What I meant to say was ‘Seven hours, five days, and ten weeks’.”

Stark found the duration just as bewildering as the way in which it was delivered. “You know, normally people start with the weeks first before going into the days and hours,” he told Kermit. “The whole ‘biggest to smallest’ thing.”

He proceeded to get out of bed – something that Kermit didn’t agree with.

“I wouldn’t move around too much, Mr. Stark,” the frog advised.

“Being out for ten weeks, five days, and seven hours, I feel that I’m inclined to move around as much as I please, Mr. the Frog.” Stark stumbled on his first step out of bed, prompting Kermit to set aside his banjo and offer himself as a crutch, even though Tony was twice his size.

Whoever’s job it was to get Tony out of his armor made extra sure to keep him comfortable, as even his shoes were removed, exposing them to the ice-cold steel flooring (which seemed to vibrate beneath the soles of Stark’s feet). The only attire he had on was his hoodie, his black shirt with the detachable arc reactor still attached to his chest, and the matching black slacks.

“Where is it you’re trying to get to?” Kermit asked him, struggling to maintain Stark’s balance.

“To see the Doctor,” Tony replied.

“A doctor or the doctor?”

“That unbelievably attractive English blonde in the trench coat and rainbow-striped shirt. I want to see her.”

Obliging to the Iron Man’s demands, Kermit guided him through the complex structure of the TARDIS. Winding through so many endless twists and turns, there was no way Tony would’ve managed to navigate it alone. He wondered how long Kermit himself traveled in it to know his way around. Then again, Muppets were adaptable to crazy environments.

They finally made it to the console room – the last room Tony remembered being in before he lost consciousness. Its alien, crystalline structure was spellbinding to his tech-savvy eyes. The real beauty, of course, stood at the center of the room with the main control console.

When she noticed Tony entering with Kermit, the Doctor smiled. “Oh, hello, Mr. Stark! Glad to see you up! We wondered when you would be.”

“Was there a bet going?” Tony inquired.

The Doctor didn’t quite catch his drift. “I beg your pardon?”

Looking past her, Stark was surprised to see Thanos’s big, shiny gauntlet situated upon the control console. “How did you guys do it?”

“Do what?” Kermit asked.

“Take the big purple sociopath himself down,” Stark clarified.

The Doctor followed his gaze on the gauntlet, finally understanding. “Oh! No…well, yes, but we didn’t do it. He did it to himself. Got sucked into the time vortex. Unfortunately, he took the Space Stone with him. But don’t worry…we still have four: Time, Power, Soul, and Reality.”

“That just leaves the Space and Mind Stones,” Stark figured.

“Right,” the Doctor concurred. “Luckily, we’ve pinpointed their location to one place in time: 1981 London.”

“Wait a sec, I recognize that time and place,” Kermit beamed. “That’s the time of the Baseball Diamond Caper – when Fozzie, Gonzo, and I were reporters for The Daily Chronicle and covered a story on the wealthy Lady Holiday.”

“Nice exposition,” Stark complimented.

“Thanks,” Kermit remarked.

“You three weren’t the only ones there, Kermit,” the Doctor clarified. “I was there with a couple of friends of my own…and you’ll never guess who else was there.”

-------------------
London, 1981

The Happiness Hotel seemed to be getting a lot of business in a single day. Pops, the hotel owner, had already greeted a trio of peculiar characters: a frog, a bear, and some kind of weird blue chicken-thing carrying a camera and snapping away at everything in sight. They literally crashed in a taxicab – the hole was still in the lobby wall.

Then there arrived three more new occupants: a young blonde, a young boy, and a man dressed in burgundy attire that included a fedora, a long coat, and an even longer scarf. Pops heard the man’s two young friends address him as “Doctor.”

“Doctor, eh?” the hotel owner said. “Ya mind lookin’ at somethin’ that’s been botherin’ me all week? I can’t seem tuh figure out what might be the—”

“I’m afraid we haven’t the time, my friend,” the Doctor interjected. “We won’t be staying long, just long enough to work with a couple of scientists whose help we need: Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and his assistant, Beaker.”

“You mean those two yahoos on the third floor?” Pops asked.

“Yahoos?” the Doctor’s young male friend repeated. “What’s a ‘yahoo’?”

“Crackpots, Adric.”

“And what are those?”

Seeing no end in sight to Adric’s curiosity of the terms (he was a mathematician, not a wordsmith), the Doctor’s other friend (the young blonde) hurriedly told Pops, “We’ll just take the key to our room now.”

“Thank you, Romana,” the gracious Doctor acknowledged.

“I’ll take mine as well.”

All heads turned to a gentleman who stood behind the Doctor and his companions. A tall, lanky man with pale skin and shoulder-length hair that was as black as the clothes he wore. Adric picked up a foreboding vibe just from looking at him.

“Boy-oh-boy, you folks are comin’ out of the woodwork, ain’t ya?” Pops said.

He handed the Doctor and the darkly-dressed gentleman their hotel keys, and the bellhop rats showed them their rooms. The long-haired gentleman was staying directly across from the Doctor and his friends. As soon as he was in his room, he dismissed the rats, “That’ll be all.”

One of the rodents purposefully cleared his throat, sticking his tiny hand out.

The gentleman scoffed as he noticed the gesture. “Might I offer you a tip in another variety: Never beg for what you can simply take for yourself.”

“Stay here long enough and I just might, buddy,” the rat warned prior to leaving.

Alone in his hotel room, the darkly-dressed gentleman changed his apparel, but not in the manner most normal people did. His black suit shimmered in a bright golden hue, morphing into a royal garb complete with a horned headdress. Two items also manifested in his hands: a long scepter with a gem embedded in its sharp bladed tip and a cube that sparked with blue cosmic energy.

Let’s see what London of 1981 has to offer the God of Mischief.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
The endgame has changed! :concern:
-----------

Stark.

You know me?

I do. You’re not the only one cursed with knowledge.

My only curse is you.

It wasn’t a nightmare; it was a memory. Several of them played like a bad clip show in Stark’s subconscious. The Chitauri invasion, flying through the wormhole while carrying a nuclear missile, and – worst of all – losing his battle with Thanos. He still felt all the hits, mostly the ones that busted through his armor.

The memory of that last critical blow snapped him awake.

At first, he thought he was still on Titan…or dead. But the space felt different. It was more accommodating than the planet’s harsh, gravity-light climate. He was even lying in a cushy bed.

Then there was the banjo soothingly being strummed.

Tony tried sitting up to see who was playing. It was difficult at first, even while stripped of his armor – having been punched by a giant purple alien tended to leave some nasty damages, but thankfully nothing serious. As much pain as he had been through since the days of having shrapnel piercing his heart, nothing could’ve been worse.

The individual serenading on the banjo was someone more famous than him.

Kermit the Frog.

He was sitting on a stool inside the Victorian-style bedroom Tony awoke in, albeit with white walls that had a roundel pattern design. The frog had been strumming the first few chords of “Rainbow Connection” during the duration of Stark’s unconscious state, until he finally looked up and saw him alert.

“Ah, you’re awake,” he said. “We wondered when you would be.”

“Yeah,” Tony groaned. “I wondered that, too. How long have I been out?”

“Seven hours…”

“That doesn’t sound so bad.”

“Uh, you didn’t let me finish. What I meant to say was ‘Seven hours, five days, and ten weeks’.”

Stark found the duration just as bewildering as the way in which it was delivered. “You know, normally people start with the weeks first before going into the days and hours,” he told Kermit. “The whole ‘biggest to smallest’ thing.”

He proceeded to get out of bed – something that Kermit didn’t agree with.

“I wouldn’t move around too much, Mr. Stark,” the frog advised.

“Being out for ten weeks, five days, and seven hours, I feel that I’m inclined to move around as much as I please, Mr. the Frog.” Stark stumbled on his first step out of bed, prompting Kermit to set aside his banjo and offer himself as a crutch, even though Tony was twice his size.

Whoever’s job it was to get Tony out of his armor made extra sure to keep him comfortable, as even his shoes were removed, exposing them to the ice-cold steel flooring (which seemed to vibrate beneath the soles of Stark’s feet). The only attire he had on was his hoodie, his black shirt with the detachable arc reactor still attached to his chest, and the matching black slacks.

“Where is it you’re trying to get to?” Kermit asked him, struggling to maintain Stark’s balance.

“To see the Doctor,” Tony replied.

“A doctor or the doctor?”

“That unbelievably attractive English blonde in the trench coat and rainbow-striped shirt. I want to see her.”

Obliging to the Iron Man’s demands, Kermit guided him through the complex structure of the TARDIS. Winding through so many endless twists and turns, there was no way Tony would’ve managed to navigate it alone. He wondered how long Kermit himself traveled in it to know his way around. Then again, Muppets were adaptable to crazy environments.

They finally made it to the console room – the last room Tony remembered being in before he lost consciousness. Its alien, crystalline structure was spellbinding to his tech-savvy eyes. The real beauty, of course, stood at the center of the room with the main control console.

When she noticed Tony entering with Kermit, the Doctor smiled. “Oh, hello, Mr. Stark! Glad to see you up! We wondered when you would be.”

“Was there a bet going?” Tony inquired.

The Doctor didn’t quite catch his drift. “I beg your pardon?”

Looking past her, Stark was surprised to see Thanos’s big, shiny gauntlet situated upon the control console. “How did you guys do it?”

“Do what?” Kermit asked.

“Take the big purple sociopath himself down,” Stark clarified.

The Doctor followed his gaze on the gauntlet, finally understanding. “Oh! No…well, yes, but we didn’t do it. He did it to himself. Got sucked into the time vortex. Unfortunately, he took the Space Stone with him. But don’t worry…we still have four: Time, Power, Soul, and Reality.”

“That just leaves the Space and Mind Stones,” Stark figured.

“Right,” the Doctor concurred. “Luckily, we’ve pinpointed their location to one place in time: 1981 London.”

“Wait a sec, I recognize that time and place,” Kermit beamed. “That’s the time of the Baseball Diamond Caper – when Fozzie, Gonzo, and I were reporters for The Daily Chronicle and covered a story on the wealthy Lady Holiday.”

“Nice exposition,” Stark complimented.

“Thanks,” Kermit remarked.

“You three weren’t the only ones there, Kermit,” the Doctor clarified. “I was there with a couple of friends of my own…and you’ll never guess who else was there.”

-------------------
London, 1981

The Happiness Hotel seemed to be getting a lot of business in a single day. Pops, the hotel owner, had already greeted a trio of peculiar characters: a frog, a bear, and some kind of weird blue chicken-thing carrying a camera and snapping away at everything in sight. They literally crashed in a taxicab – the hole was still in the lobby wall.

Then there arrived three more new occupants: a young blonde, a young boy, and a man dressed in burgundy attire that included a fedora, a long coat, and an even longer scarf. Pops heard the man’s two young friends address him as “Doctor.”

“Doctor, eh?” the hotel owner said. “Ya mind lookin’ at somethin’ that’s been botherin’ me all week? I can’t seem tuh figure out what might be the—”

“I’m afraid we haven’t the time, my friend,” the Doctor interjected. “We won’t be staying long, just long enough to work with a couple of scientists whose help we need: Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and his assistant, Beaker.”

“You mean those two yahoos on the third floor?” Pops asked.

“Yahoos?” the Doctor’s young male friend repeated. “What’s a ‘yahoo’?”

“Crackpots, Adric.”

“And what are those?”

Seeing no end in sight to Adric’s curiosity of the terms (he was a mathematician, not a wordsmith), the Doctor’s other friend (the young blonde) hurriedly told Pops, “We’ll just take the key to our room now.”

“Thank you, Romana,” the gracious Doctor acknowledged.

“I’ll take mine as well.”

All heads turned to a gentleman who stood behind the Doctor and his companions. A tall, lanky man with pale skin and shoulder-length hair that was as black as the clothes he wore. Adric picked up a foreboding vibe just from looking at him.

“Boy-oh-boy, you folks are comin’ out of the woodwork, ain’t ya?” Pops said.

He handed the Doctor and the darkly-dressed gentleman their hotel keys, and the bellhop rats showed them their rooms. The long-haired gentleman was staying directly across from the Doctor and his friends. As soon as he was in his room, he dismissed the rats, “That’ll be all.”

One of the rodents purposefully cleared his throat, sticking his tiny hand out.

The gentleman scoffed as he noticed the gesture. “Might I offer you a tip in another variety: Never beg for what you can simply take for yourself.”

“Stay here long enough and I just might, buddy,” the rat warned prior to leaving.

Alone in his hotel room, the darkly-dressed gentleman changed his apparel, but not in the manner most normal people did. His black suit shimmered in a bright golden hue, morphing into a royal garb complete with a horned headdress. Two items also manifested in his hands: a long scepter with a gem embedded in its sharp bladed tip and a cube that sparked with blue cosmic energy.

Let’s see what London of 1981 has to offer the God of Mischief.

TO BE CONTINUED...
dang, u brought classic 80s doctor who into it, i dig!