Kermit in Sesame Street merchandise

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Here is one interesting appearance. The Silly Storytime DVD. I think it's really cool that they made a whole new reporter Kermit photo puppet just for the cover of this DVD. This was after Disney bought the Muppets so he's listed as a special guest but that's still pretty cool
That’s not a new photo puppet of reporter Kermit. That is the actual Kermit photo puppet they use for pictures at Disney, the only new thing is the reporter outfit.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Just yesterday I was thinking about how there's been so many different talking Sesame Street toys, and I started trying to think of if there's ever been any talking Muppets toys, and I couldn't really think of any - and the only talking Kermit plush I know of is also the only Kermit toy released under the Sesame Street brand.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
There was another talking Kermit and I believe it was made by Applause but it's very rare from my understanding

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I LOVE this thread! I am a huge fan of Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street and so I have visited that page on the Muppet Wiki many times over! I have not seen the Halloween costume before. Cool! Thanks for posting that.
And yeah- I wish Kermit had been included in more Sesame Street merchandise. I'm glad for what did get released though. The talking Kermit toy is one of the coolest Kermit releases, in my opinion. (Of any release- whether Sesame Street or The Muppet Show related.)
I LOVE the 50th. Anniversary special for including Kermit in a bit of an extended cameo. I love that he made an appearance and sang "Being Green". I love all of Kermit's appearances in Sesame Street specials and episodes! (This is one of the many reasons "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" is one of my top favourite Sesame Street specials.)
There is also a book that I still contend has a scene set on Sesame Street, which would put Kermit on Sesame Street in a book.

Kermit appears in a scene with Animal, Zoot and Floyd Pepper and the three band members are jamming on what seems to be the 123 Sesame Street stoop!

:smile::wisdom::super:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Another thing interesting is that when Palisades Toys put out the Muppet figures, they initially were not allowed to make a reporter Kermit because it was more associated with Sesame Street, and eventually were allowed as long as he wore his hat (and I can't remember if Planet Koozebane accessories/set pieces were also required), yet the one official Kermit toy as part of a Sesame Street line was a standard, non-reporter Kermit, and there has been occasional Kermit merchandise, both before and since the Palisades era, depicting Kermit in his reporters trench coat.