July 10: Celebrating Jerry Nelson

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We remember... Saying goodbye. Muppet legend, once-in-a-lifetime voice, irreplaceable soul, dear friend, Jerry Nelson passed away on August 23, 2012.

In honor of Jerry's 86th birthday (July 10, 1934), we present our annual Jerry Nelson tribute on Muppet Central Radio including some rare performer demos and a special Muppeteer birthday tribute recorded for Jerry's 65th birthday.

Share your favorite memories of Jerry and listen to Jerry's music on Muppet Central Radio. Read and remember... "Still Counting: An Interview with Muppeteer Jerry Nelson". :sing::batty::smirk:

Listen via TorontoCast:

Listen via Tune-In:

Listen via Apple Siri and Apple Music:
"Siri, play Muppet Central Radio."
"Siri, play Muppet Central Radio on TuneIn."

Listen via Amazon Alexa:
"Alexa, play Muppet Central Radio."
"Alexa, play Muppet Central Radio on TuneIn."

Listen via Google Nest and Google Home:
"Play Muppet Central Radio."
"Play Muppet Central Radio on TuneIn."

Promote Muppet Central Radio with this short url:
bit.ly/muppetradio

Love all the people in your life. Our time here is so short.

fragglevision

Reaction score
It's been a long time since the stations had a good old Jerry Nelson music binge. I understand that it was hard to put theme days for Muppeteers together during the Radionomy days, and I remember it was only just before the Jim Henson Birthday music marathon last year that you figured out how to put theme days together so we couldn't have a Jerry day then. Glad to see you finally have another after all these years!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad you're enjoying the music! Jerry has so many great songs and his vocal range is simply amazing.

We now have Muppeteer all-day tributes for Jim Henson, Jerry Nelson and Caroll Spinney.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I’ve always loved the sound of Jerry’s voice. This is wonderful.
Hard to believe it’ll soon be 10 years since his death.

C to the J

Reaction score
I always found his voice impeccable and recognizable. He was able to do any accent, including Transylvanian. I also love the way he rolled his Rs as the Count.. When I see Jerry's picture, I think of my paternal grandfather, who passed away earlier at age 64. He has similar facial hair.

Last edited: