Why hasn't this direct-to-video Clifford's Fun With... series been released on DVD or iTunes?

salemfan

Reaction score
Before the first Clifford the Big Red Dog PBS TV series there was a six-volume direct-to-video TV series produced in 1988 by Scholastic in cooperation with Nelvana that was also called the Scholastic Learning Library and distributed on VHS by Family Home Entertainment. The series consisted of:
Clifford's Fun with Letters
Clifford's Fun with Numbers
Clifford's Fun with Shapes and Colors
Clifford's Fun with Sounds
Clifford's Fun with Opposites
Clifford's Fun with Rhymes
For anybody who does not know this series, here's a YouTube video of the intro:
Why hasn't this video series ever been released on DVD or iTunes? I mean, reruns of the Berenstain Bears TV show from the 80s aired on UPN at the same time as the 2003 version of the Berenstain Bears TV show aired on PBS.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Before the first Clifford the Big Red Dog PBS TV series there was a six-volume direct-to-video TV series produced in 1988 by Scholastic in cooperation with Nelvana that was also called the Scholastic Learning Library and distributed on VHS by Family Home Entertainment. The series consisted of:
Clifford's Fun with Letters
Clifford's Fun with Numbers
Clifford's Fun with Shapes and Colors
Clifford's Fun with Sounds
Clifford's Fun with Opposites
Clifford's Fun with Rhymes
For anybody who does not know this series, here's a YouTube video of the intro:
Why hasn't this video series ever been released on DVD or iTunes? I mean, reruns of the Berenstain Bears TV show from the 80s aired on UPN at the same time as the 2003 version of the Berenstain Bears TV show aired on PBS.
because nobody gives a f**k about it mate
That’s the only reason

Last edited:

salemfan

Reaction score
because nobody gives a f**k about it mate
That’s the only reason
Why does nobody care about this video series? It contained many of the details that appeared in the FAQs for the 2000 Clifford the Big Red Dog TV series, such as the fact that Emily Elizabeth was eight, Clifford is younger than but much bigger than Emily Elizabeth (as evidenced by the fact that he was the one learning the concepts in the six videos, and exploring the world), and a dog that bore a resemblance to Cleo from the 2000 TV series.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Why does nobody care about this video series? It contained many of the details that appeared in the FAQs for the 2000 Clifford the Big Red Dog TV series, such as the fact that Emily Elizabeth was eight, Clifford is younger than but much bigger than Emily Elizabeth (as evidenced by the fact that he was the one learning the concepts in the six videos, and exploring the world), and a dog that bore a resemblance to Cleo from the 2000 TV series.
Mate,
I don’t give a sh*t
really I don’t care at all

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Before there were videos, there were books. Try them sometime. It might take a little effort on your part to actually READ rather than staring passively at a screen.

To their advantage, books tend to stay in print longer than videos.

salemfan

Reaction score
Before there were videos, there were books. Try them sometime. It might take a little effort on your part to actually READ rather than staring passively at a screen.

To their advantage, books tend to stay in print longer than videos.
Actually, I have read books. They are functional even if your electronic device with a screen is broken.
Anyway, I notice that the programming that has been released on DVD and iTunes is the stuff that had aired on TV in the past, whereas programming that was only available on home video and never aired on television (which many people call direct-to-video) tends to go out of print. Why is that?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Because a wider audience saw it = higher demand.