Sesame Street Old School Outlines

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 236 features Big Bird, Oscar, Biff, the Count, Sherlock Hemlock, Maria, Luis, David, and Mr. Hooper! Plus, Ernie drinks an imaginary glass of water, Guy Smiley hosts "The Trading Game," and the Anything Muppet women sing an empowering song.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 236

Season 7: The missing grocery list/Biff and Maria’s carpentry contest

Sponsors: B, I, 4

Scene 1: Sherlock Hemlock visits Hooper’s Store for a snack, but David and Mr. Hooper are looking for a missing grocery list. Sherlock finds a blank piece of paper, but David reminds him that the list has words on it. Then Sherlock sees the menu, but Mr. Hooper says the words are small. Then Sherlock points out the newspapers on the newsstand, and both adults think all hope is lost. Finally, Mr. Hooper walks out from behind the counter and David notices that the shopping list is stuck to Mr. Hooper’s shoe. Sherlock Hemlock takes credit for solving the mystery and proudly leaves…without placing his order.

Muppets: Cookie Monster presents the word “FOOD” and eats the letters

Cartoon: Imagination Circles (string animation)

Film: Cold things that begin with I

Muppets: Ernie doesn’t feel special, but Bert shows him that he has special hair, a special nose, and special fingers. Then Ernie points out those traits in the viewer.

Film: The Mad Painter #4

Scene 2: Big Bird and the Count watch the kids make a block tower. The Count counts the blocks as the kids add them to the tower.

Cartoon: Jack and the B-Stalk

Cartoon: B is for Bear, Bicycle, Bump, Branch, and Bees

Muppets: The Count hires Ernie to answer his phone for him

Cast: Maria and David prepare for a ping-pong match, but David doesn’t have the right equipment

Cartoon: B is for Butterfly (speech balloon)

Film: Animal life along the river

Muppets: An Anything Muppet boy watches as a circle around him grows and shrinks

Film: A kid marching band forms a circle

Scene 3: Mr. Hooper, Luis, and Maria overhear farm animal noises from Oscar’s trashcan. They ask the kids to identify each sound (a cow and some chickens). Then they hear Oscar chasing one of his pigs, sending mud and hay all over the place! Mr. Hooper: “Oscar, are you all right?” Oscar: “All right? Who cares? That was the most fun I’ve had in years!”

Muppets: The City Mouse and the Country Mouse (part 1)

Cartoon: I is for Impolite (voices by Gary Owens)

Muppets: The City Mouse and the Country Mouse (part 2)

Cartoon/Song: “Letter I (Beep Beep)”

Cartoon: A circle becomes a clock, balloon, sun, etc.

Muppets: Waiter Grover serves alphabet soup to Mr. Johnson, but several letters are missing. By the time Grover brings in the missing letters, the soup is cold.

Film: Future careers – footage of kids acting out certain jobs, followed by adults with those jobs

Scene 4: Biff makes an offhand comment to Maria, which upsets her. He doesn’t think that her carpentry skills are as good as his. Maria challenges him to a woodworking contest, claiming that her prior experience as a construction worker will help her.

Film: Building a log cabin

Muppets: A group of female Anything Muppets sings, “Women Can Be”

Cartoon: A boy uses a baseball bat to knock several “B” items off a wall (including a basket, a ball, and a bandit)

Muppets: At night, Ernie feels thirsty so he imagines drinking a glass of water. An annoyed Bert tells him to go get a real glass of water. Afterwards, Ernie becomes hungry so he noisily imagines eating a sandwich...and keeps Bert awake.

Scene 5: Luis, David, and Big Bird judge Maria and Biff’s handiwork. While hammering a nail, Biff hits his thumb but Maria deftly completes the task.

Cartoon: A boy and a dog fight over a capital letter I

Cartoon: 30 dots (a square appears)

Scene 6: Maria and Biff show their birdhouses to the judges. Biff has a well-crafted birdhouse, but it falls apart when he slaps the roof out of pride. Biff is forced to concede, and Big Bird asks to keep Maria’s birdhouse for his cousin Woody.

Cartoon: Country Fiddler – Four Big Lions (by Bud Luckey)

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #4

Film: Several people help a man when his car gets stuck in the mud

Muppets: Guy Smiley hosts “The Trading Game” with Sally Screamer and Oscar the Grouch as his contestants

Film: Finding round things in a store window (David provides voiceover)

Cartoon: Sand I/i

Muppets: Super Grover tries to break up a fight between two boys

Cartoon: Three little men climb up three flower stems

Scene 7: Biff sulks over his failure. Maria says that just because he lost the contest, it doesn’t mean that he’s bad at carpentry. She compliments Biff’s skills in order to cheer him up, and offers to go bowling with him. Biff thinks she’ll win, but Maria reveals that she has never gone bowling before and wants to learn from him. Biff happily agrees, and they leave together as David announces the sponsors. SS sign still: David. CTW sign still: Luis and Maria.

CAST:
Northern Calloway as David
Emilio Delgado as Luis
Will Lee as Mr. Hooper
Sonia Manzano as Maria
Caroll Spinney as Big Bird and Oscar

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:
Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, AMs
Jerry Nelson as Biff, Sherlock Hemlock, the Count, Mr. Johnson, AMs
Jim Henson as Ernie, Guy Smiley, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Most of you know that I've been a regular on this forum since 2012. Starting on Monday, I am taking an extended break from Muppet Central Forum. I don't know when I'll be back, but I will return eventually. I may stop by occasionally to post more Sesame Street Old School Outlines, but even those are getting stale for me. So I need to hit the refresh button, especially after three hectic months of teaching during the pandemic.

If you want to follow me on Facebook or Instagram, please message me privately and include your Facebook or Instagram username. Then I will give you my username so that you can find me on FB or IG more easily. I'm currently pursuing various personal interests including world percussion, cooking, cartooning, and racial/social justice. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Doug

cjd874

Reaction score
One last outline before my extended break begins! Number 237 features Big Bird, Snuffy, Oscar, SAM the Robot, Bob, Susan, Gordon, and the recurring teenage human cast member Jay Tucker! Plus, Cookie and Herry sing about the letter M, Ernie fixes Beautiful Day Monster's ukulele, and Simon Soundman plays a guessing game with the viewer.

I will return sometime in the future with more outlines, but in the meantime feel free to scroll through the previous ones. Thank you to everyone who has read them over the years, and I hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,
Doug

Sesame Street Old School Outline 237

Season 5: Snuffy is afraid of mice/Big Bird’s poem

Sponsors: F, M, 10

Scene 1: Bob sings, “The Word Family Song” with the words cap, map, tap, and nap. At the end, he pretends to fall asleep.

Cartoon: Francis Fairy names several F words

Cartoon: Two heads think of F words

Muppets: Ernie and Bert have a fight over their noisy appliances, and blow a fuse

Film/Song: Henson #10

Scene 2: Big Bird and Mr. Snuffleupagus read a book about animals. They look at a jaguar, a kangaroo, a lion, and a mouse. Snuffy jumps up and down in fear over the mouse, causing the street to shake. Big Bird tries to comfort him by saying it’s only a picture, but Snuffy goes home just as Gordon and Susan arrive to ask Big Bird what the commotion was all about.

Cartoon: A mouse takes a bite of a good-smelling M (animation by Cliff Roberts)

Cartoon: Flying M in space

Muppets/Song: Cookie Monster and Herry Monster sing, “M-M-Monster Meal”

Film: A mandrill

Muppets: Simon Soundman’s guessing game

Scene 3: Bob and Jay head to the park with a baseball and two mitts to play catch. SAM the Robot asks them what they’re doing with those items. Jay explains how to play catch, and SAM wants to learn. Bob gives SAM some short underhanded throws to catch, but SAM doesn’t catch any of them. Then Bob decides to switch roles with SAM, who fires the ball out of his arm like a cannon, causing Bob to crash off-screen. SAM: “So Jay...was that good?” Jay: “Well SAM...let’s just say that the Yankees could really use you!”

Cartoon: Three heads cooperate to see over a tall fence

Cartoon: F is for Flower

Film: Shopping for soup ingredients

Cartoon: F is for Frog and Fly

Cartoon: A cloud blows things with an F-F-F-F sound

Muppets: Grover and Herbert Birdsfoot give a lecture about the “OP” sound

Scene 4: Oscar asks Bob to help him explain the difference between up and down, using an arrow next to his trashcan. Once the task is complete, Oscar asks Bob to hold the arrow downward. Then Oscar ducks into his can and pulls a string, which dumps a box of confetti DOWN on Bob’s head.

Cartoon: A boy drags his sister up and down the stairs

Film: A man walks up the stairs while bouncing a ball. He drops the ball, which bounces down the stairs.

Muppets: Ernie plays the drums while Bert goes out. When Bert knocks on the door to be let in, Ernie imitates his knocking rhythms on the drums, which infuriates Bert.

Film: The Mad Painter #10

Scene 5: Susan, Gordon, and the kids talk about things that they are proud of.

Muppets/Song: Little Jerry and the Monotones perform, “Proud.”

Film: A gymnast demonstrates up and down

Cartoon: M is for Mailbox (speech balloon)

Cartoon: M is for Moo and Milk (music by Larry Rosen & Charles Myers)

Scene 6: Big Bird reads a poem to Susan, Gordon, Jay, and the kids. The poem is called, “I Can.”
I have written this poem to let you know
There are many things I can do all by myself.
I can ride my unicycle to and fro.
I can reach a book high on the shelf!
I can dribble and catch a basketball.
I can say my ABCs.
Whenever I need anything at all,
I can always say thank you and please!
I can bark like a dog and hoot like an owl,
I can count from one to twenty,
And when my tummy starts to growl,
I can feed myself with birdseed a-plenty!
But there’s one last thing that I can do
When I’m sitting in my nest alone…
I take out a pencil, think it through,
And I write out a pretty poem!

Film” Six children go down a slide

Muppets: Ernie, Beautiful Day Monster, and the ukulele (part 1)

Cartoon/Song: Ten Tiny Turtles (by Bud Luckey)

Muppets: Ernie, Beautiful Day Monster, and the ukulele (part 2)

Film: Footage of people and things going DOWN

Cartoon: A boy carries balloons that take him UP into the sky

Cartoon: A man pushes a lazy UP

Film: Footage of pigs

Scene 7: Snuffy returns to Big Bird’s nest to keep reading the book. His mommy helped him get over his fear of mice. When Big Bird resumes with the newt, Snuffy gets scared all over again. Snuffy’s jumping rattles the street, and Big Bird tries to calm him down. Gordon announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Bob and a kid. CTW sign still: the Count and Mr. Hooper.

CAST:
Loretta Long as Susan
Bob McGrath as Bob
Hal Miller as Gordon
Jay Tucker as Jay

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:
Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, Beautiful Day Monster, AMs
Jerry Nelson as Mr. Snuffleupagus, SAM the Robot, Herry Monster, Simon Soundman, Herbert Birdsfoot, Little Jerry, AMs
Jim Henson as Ernie, AMs

crackmaster

Reaction score
I hope one of these outlines has some of my favorite sketches, like "Cracks," "S for Superman," and "Batman & Robin Cross the Street."

clipjj27

Reaction score
Number 198 features Oscar, Cookie Monster, Prince Charming, Maria, Luis, and Gordon. Plus, Roosevelt Franklin talks about up and down and Ernie and Bert attempt to share snacks.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 198

Season 7: Oscar’s Spanish dictionary/Prince Charming visits

Sponsors: I, Z, 8

Scene 1: Gordon narrates “before” and “after” as Luis and Maria fix a broken chair in sped-up video footage.

Film: Before and after (a man eats a hot dog)

Cartoon: I is for Ink (angry bird)

Muppets: Grover tries to serve Mr. Johnson bacon and eggs, but the customer can’t decide how many of each item he wants

Film: A boy narrates a film of his family feeding sheep in the winter

Cast: Luis and Linda show “before” and “after” in a spoof of circus acts

Cartoon: I’ve Got a Mind – Ball (Spanish version)

Scene 2: Oscar has learned several grouchy phrases from his Spanish dictionary. He wants to find Maria and Luis so that he can insult them in Spanish, but Gordon tells him that they went to the hardware store and they won’t return for a while.

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #8

Muppets: Ernie and Bert – The Sandbox Game (Bert: “I eight the sandbox!” Ernie: “Really? How did it taste?”)

Film: Before and after (kids wait in line at a movie theater)

Scene 3: Maria and Luis return from the hardware store, upset that the store didn’t have what they were looking for. Oscar repeats his grouchy phrases to them, hoping that they will get even angrier. To his surprise, the adults’ sullen moods turn around completely, and they congratulate him on learning those phrases. Oscar becomes extremely upset, and the adults point out that Oscar “es muy enojado ahora.”

Cartoon: Small, smaller, and smallest creatures (turtle, bird, and flea)

Film: A girl picks vegetables in Mrs. Wilson’s garden

Muppets: Roosevelt Franklin Elementary School – Up and Down Lecture

Cartoon: I is for Iron (speech balloon)

Cartoon/Song: “We All Live in a Capital I”

Film: The Mad Painter #8

Muppets/Song: Two monsters (early versions of Cookie and Herry Monster) sing, “Up and Down”

Scene 4: Maria, Luis, and Gordon spot Prince Charming riding backwards on his horse. The adults explain the difference between front and back so that the Prince can ride his horse properly. Once the problem is solved, the Prince commands his horse to go, and then the horse starts walking away backwards!

Film: A dolphin walks backwards on the water (music by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: Two alpine climbers hike up a letter Z

Cartoon: Kids narrate a letter Z drawing

Film: “The Ball Goes Up, and the Ball Goes Down” (music by Joe Raposo)

Muppets: Two boys look at an upside-down 8

Cartoon: Flying Z in space

Scene 5: Prince Charming and Gordon help the kids sort crowns by size.

Cartoon/Song: “That’s About the Size of It” (by Bud Luckey)

Film: Before and after (a boy gets a haircut)

Muppets: Ernie and Sherlock Hemlock solve the case of the half-eaten apple

Cartoon: Penny Candy Man #8

Film: Cold things that begin with the letter I

Scene 6: Luis and Maria see Cookie Monster tinkering with a giant contraption that spans the entire length of Sesame Street. Cookie demonstrates a Rube Goldberg-esque device involving strings, wire tracks, marbles, a hammer, an electric fan, a sailboat in a tub of water, a feather duster, a watering can, a houseplant, a bowling ball, a hand bell, a battery circuit, a light bulb, a coil spring, a wind-up mouse, a toy car, and a box of cookies. Ultimately, the cookies fall onto a plate, just as Cookie Monster intended: “All that hard work made me hungry! Time to eat!”

Cartoon: The King of Eight (stop-motion animation by Jim Henson)

Muppets: Ernie and Bert share pizza and grape juice

Muppet/Kid Moment: Herry Monster and John-John talk about up and down

Cartoon: A man explains the difference between up and down

Film: A bumblebee

Cartoon: Z is for Zebra and Zoo

Scene 7: The kids play tag in the arbor area as Oscar announces the sponsors. Maria announces them in Spanish afterwards. CTW sign still: Big Bird. SS sign still: Bob.

CAST:
Linda Bove as Linda
Emilio Delgado as Luis
Sonia Manzano as Maria
Roscoe Orman as Gordon
Caroll Spinney as Oscar

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:
Frank Oz as Cookie Monster, Bert, Grover, Prince Charming, AMs
Jerry Nelson as Sherlock Hemlock, Herry Monster, Mr. Johnson, AMs
Matt Robinson as Roosevelt Franklin (voice only)
Jim Henson as Ernie, AMs
I think for some of the 'before' and 'after' films you mention here (hot dog, haircut, movie theater), the concept w actually 'beginning' and 'end,' IIRC.

cjd874

Reaction score
I'M BACK!!! I spent three months away from the forum...but while I was away, I continued to write more SS Old School Outlines. After adding twelve outlines, I'm now up to 250 in total.
Number 238 features Big Bird, Oscar, Sherlock Hemlock, the Count, SAM the Robot, Luis, and David. Plus, Grover tries to fix Kermit's plumbing, Ernie gives Bert a physical, and Prairie Dawn presents a pageant about the four seasons.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 238

Season 10: David and Sherlock follow a trail of crumbs/The Count annoys Oscar

Sponsors: B, D, 2

Insert: Gordon and Olivia sing, “Quiet Is”

Cartoon: Two men talk about the letter D

Muppets: Biff hangs up numbers under Salvador Dada’s paintings

Cartoon: Miss Fortune makes guesses about a dog

Film: Working on a lobster fishing boat

Muppets: Prairie Dawn’s four seasons pageant (featuring Ernie, Bert, Herry Monster, Cookie Monster and Grover)

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy - D is for Daisy

Cartoon: Sand D/d

Film/Song: Henson #2

Scene 1: David tries to figure out who has left a trail of crumbs from Hooper’s Store. Sherlock Hemlock arrives to help solve the mystery. The culprit is not Big Bird as they both assumed, but rather Luis who brought a paper bag of bread crumbs and seeds to the Bird as an afternoon treat. Sherlock concludes that the bag must have had a hole in it. Luis opens the bag and discovers that everything has leaked out...so they all follow the trail back to Hooper’s to get more food.

Cartoon: Small letter b (for baseball and bat)

Cartoon: Country Fiddler - Toucan Two-Step (by Bud Luckey)

Muppets: Sesame Street News Flash - Kermit interviews a princess who is looking for a suitor. None of the suitors fit her description...but Kermit does! She kisses him and turns into a frog!

Film: Two men have a picnic and go out for a boat ride, but a dog starts eating their food while they’re on the water. They cooperate to row back to shore and save one last sandwich to share.

Scene 2: Luis and the kids play a matching game. They identify cutout pictures of Big Bird, Cookie Monster, the Count, and SAM the Robot on a grid and match the pairs side by side.

Cartoon: The Noble Ostrich

Muppets: Ernie gives Bert a physical

Cartoon: A vaudeville act by two SAME people ends when one of them falls off the stage

Scene 3: David plays the same matching game with the kids, but they use different pictures of Ernie and Bert, Oscar the Grouch, Grover, and Sherlock Hemlock.

Cartoon: Same and different visuals

Muppet/Kid Moment: Kermit, Shola, and Fannie talk about giraffes, leading into the next segment…

Film: A herd of giraffes walks through a field

Muppets: Sinister Sam comes to the saloon looking for Big Barney

Film: A kid marching band plays two notes

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #2 (shown in both English and Spanish)

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper’s “D” trick

Cartoon: A construction worker gives a tour of a building filled with “D” items

Scene 4: David and SAM the Robot shows big, bigger, and biggest with clocks. After David presents the biggest clock, SAM offers to take it to the movies.

Cartoon: B is for Beard (consonant limerick poem)

Film/Song: B is for Bubble

Muppets: Ernie and Bert watch a movie, but a woman with a tall hat blocks Ernie’s view. After Ernie implements some unsuccessful ideas, Bert tells Ernie to ask the woman to remove her hat. She does so, and unknowingly places it in front of Bert!

Cartoon: Pinball Number Count #2

Cartoon: Big, bigger, and biggest strongmen

Muppets: Grover the plumber comes to Kermit’s house to fix a leak. They figure out whether to use the big, bigger, or biggest wrench. Unfortunately, the repair goes awry and the house floods.

Cartoon/Song: “Daddy Dear”

Cartoon: 30 dots (one dot keeps showing up too early)

Scene 5: The Count greets the viewer and wants to find things to count. He gets an idea and knocks on Oscar’s trash can. Oscar tells him to scram, and disappears into his can. The Count repeats this over and over again, with Oscar getting angrier each time. After the fifth time, Oscar asks why the Count keeps knocking on his can. The Count is counting all the times he knocks on Oscar’s can!

Cartoon: In rhyme, a man lists all the animals who have stolen or ruined his clothing

Film/Song: Doll House #2

Cartoon: B is for Bear, Bicycle, Bump, Branch, and Bees…

Scene 6: The Count has counted 74 knocks on Oscar’s can. Oscar decides to make a break for it so that the Count will stop counting. He closes the lid and runs down the street toward the city dump. But the Count follows in hot pursuit! David announces the sponsors in English, while Luis repeats them in Spanish. SS sign still: Grover. CTW sign still: Bob and Linda.

CAST:
Emilio Delgado as Luis
Roscoe Orman as Gordon
Alaina Reed as Olivia

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:
Frank Oz as Grover, Bert, Cookie Monster, Harvey Kneeslapper, AMs
Jerry Nelson as the Count, Sherlock Hemlock, SAM the Robot, Herry Monster, Biff, AMs
Fran Brill as Prairie Dawn
Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, Sinister Sam, Salvador Dada, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 239 features Grover, Cookie Monster, Bert, Oscar, Maria, Susan, Gordon, and Mr. Hooper! Plus, Ernie puts his toys away, Mumford demonstrates a levitation trick, and the Count's bats go on strike.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 239

Season 7: Grover’s hair lecture/Cookie Monster has a cold

Sponsors: E, U, 8

Scene 1: Professor Grover and Maria talk about the differences between hair and fur. Maria has to leave before Grover is finished, and the only person around is Gordon...so Professor Grover puts a wig on Gordon so that he can finish his lecture.

Cartoon: Three men compare how much hair they have on their heads (some, more, most)

Cartoon: A man saws out a capital “E” from the screen

Film: The Mad Painter #8

Cartoon: A pink circle becomes a cat, and a gray circle becomes a mouse

Muppets: Simon Soundman sings about how his “woof woof” chased a “meow” up a tree

Cartoon: What kind of print does a hand make?

Cartoon: An award for U (Poverty Pictures)

Muppets: Bert accuses Ernie of eating his cookies. Ernie denies this, but Bert says that he saw someone with a striped shirt, messy black hair, and a funny laugh commit the wrongdoing. The culprit ends up being Cookie Monster disguised as Ernie!

Scene 2: Maria and the kids make handprint artwork while conversing in English and Spanish.

Cartoon: The King of Eight (stop-motion animation by Jim Henson)

Film: Kids narrate a tortilla-making contest in English and Spanish

Muppets: Ernie finds an egg on the counter and asks Bert where it came from. After pestering Bert, Bert says, “Just drop it,” which Ernie takes literally.

Cartoon: Sand E/e

Muppets: Cookie Monster says “E...egg!” He swallows a whole egg and promptly faints!

Cartoon: E is for Egg

Film/Song: “Everybody Run” (by Joe Raposo)

Muppets: The Count’s bats go on strike

Cartoon: E is for Enter and Exit

Scene 3: Gordon helps Bert count twenty paper clips. Then Bert asks Gordon to help him count more objects from his collections of bottle caps, pink erasers, magnifying glasses, and Rolodexes.

Muppets/Song: The Anything Muppets perform, “Numerical Correspondence”

Cartoon: U is for Umbrella

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #8

Cast: Maria, Susan, David, and Luis play surgeons performing an operation. As Maria calls out for various tools, the others give them to her. It turns out that they have been working on a motorcycle, and they ride off together.

Film/Song: Henson #8

Scene 4: Oscar shows none, some, and all by dropping bottles onto the sidewalk. Maria, Gordon, and Susan ask to do the demonstration themselves, and they turn the tables on Oscar: “None of the bottles are in Oscar’s can...some of the bottles are in Oscar’s can...now ALL of the bottles are in Oscar’s can, where they belong!”

Film: Footage of some clowns, and more clowns

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper’s “U” trick (“Do you mind if I take a picture of U?”)

Cartoon: U is for Uniform

Film: U for Underpass

Muppets: Bert asks Ernie to put all his toys away, so Ernie devises a categorization system to make the process easier. However, the only toy that Ernie’s categories apply to is a fire engine.

Cartoon/Song: “Octopus One-Man Band”

Scene 5: Susan and Gordon find Cookie Monster sobbing in Hooper’s Store. Cookie says that he can’t taste cookies anymore, but he doesn’t know why. Mr. Hooper explains that Cookie came in with a handkerchief, a loud sneeze, and a scratchy voice (Cookie: “Scratchy voice, huh? That how me usually sound anyway.”). After Susan takes his temperature, the adults agree that Cookie Monster has a cold and that he should go home, drink lots of water, and rest until tomorrow.

Cartoon: E is for Eel

Film: The jackrabbit

Muppets: The Amazing Mumford presents his levitation trick with Grover as his assistant. After Mumford leaves, Grover tries to do the trick with Herry, but it fails and Herry falls through the stage.

Cartoon/Song: Penny Candy Man #8 (by Bud Luckey)

Cartoon: Imagination E (animation by John & Faith Hubley)

Scene 6: The next day, Cookie Monster returns, feeling much better than before. Unfortunately, Mr. Hooper is feeling sick. Cookie starts giving him suggestions (“Drink plenty of water and cookie juice!”) as Susan and Maria announce the sponsors in English and Spanish. SS sign still: Maria and the kids. CTW sign still: the Count and Mr. Hooper.

CAST:
Emilio Delgado as Luis
Will Lee as Mr. Hooper
Loretta Long as Susan
Sonia Manzano as Maria
Roscoe Orman as Gordon
Caroll Spinney as Oscar

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:
Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, Harvey Kneeslapper, AMs
Jerry Nelson as the Count, Simon Soundman, Herry Monster, the Amazing Mumford, AMs
Jim Henson as Ernie, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 240 features Big Bird, Oscar, Simon Soundman, the Amazing Mumford, Mr. Hooper, Olivia, David, and Buffy! Plus, Ernie meets Bert's brother Bart, Cookie Monster stops by the library, and Mr. Chatterly hosts another Alphabet Chat.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 240

Season 10: Buffy comes to visit

Sponsors: K, R, 6

Scene 1: In the arbor, Big Bird writes a letter to Buffy who is supposed to visit Sesame Street soon. Olivia and David help him out, but before Big Bird goes to mail the letter, they reveal a surprise: Buffy has already arrived on Sesame Street! She steps out from Hooper’s Store and gives Big Bird a big hug.

Cartoon: K is for Key (speech balloon)

Muppets: Bert’s brother Bart comes to visit, and Ernie observes how differently they act

Film/Song: Henson #6

Cartoon: I’m six years old!

Muppets: Kermit’s “TELEPHONE” lecture

Film/Song: “Fireman, He’s Ready to Go”

Scene 2: Buffy shows her new guitar to Olivia, David, Mr. Hooper, and the kids. Buffy asks the kids to count the strings on her guitar: six! Then Buffy plays some chords.

Cartoon: Find the camouflaged parrot

Muppets: The Yip-Yip Martians find a grandfather clock

Cast: Gordon rides his bicycle through New York City

Cartoon: R is for Radio

Cartoon: Three men in boxes sound out the word “RUN”

Muppets: Cookie Monster goes to the library

Cartoon: Pinball Number Count #6

Scene 3: Oscar and Buffy talk about what they like and dislike. When Buffy says that she likes Oscar, he becomes repulsed and disappears into his trash can.

Muppets: Don Music rewrites, “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” with help from Kermit

Cartoon: A woman puts an “R” under the hood of her car, making it go, “Rrrrrrrr…”

Cartoon: R is for Rhinoceros (limerick poem; animation by Jeff Hale)

Muppets: Ernie shows Bert how he can turn a P into an R

Film: This is the desert…

Cartoon/Song: The Country Fiddler - Six Snails (by Bud Luckey)

Scene 4: Big Bird, Buffy, Olivia, Mr. Hooper, and the kids play “Simon Says” with Simon Soundman. Instead of making body gestures, Simon dictates which animals everyone must pretend to be (e.g. dogs, cats, sheep, elephants, tigers).

Cartoon: K is for Kite

Cartoon: K is for Karate

Film: A prairie dog

Muppet/Kid Moment: Grover and John-John talk about love, and count one penny

Scene 5: Buffy and David wait for the bus to take Buffy to the recording studio. As Buffy wishes that it would come sooner, the Amazing Mumford offers to help using magic! On the first attempt, Mumford makes a train appear. On the second try, he conjures up an airplane. On the third try, the bus finally appears. As Buffy boards and the bus leaves, Mumford realizes that he was supposed to take the same bus! He decides to call a cab.

Film/Song: “I’m a Hard-Working Dog”

Muppets: Sherlock Hemlock and Ernie solve the mystery of the half-eaten apple

Cartoon: The Queen of Six (stop-motion animation by Jim Henson)

Film: An auctioneer at work

Muppets: Mr. Chatterly hosts an Alphabet Chat about the letter R, but everything goes wrong (cameos by Gladys the Cow and Guy Smiley)

Cartoon: A cat catches a telephone and eats it (animation by John and Faith Hubley)

Cast: Maria builds a giant letter R

Cartoon: R is for Ribbon

Cartoon: A magician tries to make six circles disappear

Muppets: Super Grover looks for a phone booth to change in, but a little girl needs to use it to call her mommy

Scene 6: Buffy tucks Big Bird in for the night and sings him an Indian lullaby. After Big Bird falls asleep, Buffy goes back to Olivia’s apartment. David whispers the sponsors. SS sign still: Grover. CTW sign still: Luis.

CAST:
Will Lee as Mr. Hooper
Sonia Manzano as Maria
Roscoe Orman as Gordon
Alaina Reed as Olivia
Buffy Sainte-Marie as Buffy

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:
Frank Oz as Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, AMs
Jerry Nelson as the Amazing Mumford, Simon Soundman, Sherlock Hemlock, Mr. Chatterly, AMs
Richard Hunt as Don Music, Gladys the Cow, AMs
Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, Guy Smiley, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 241 features Big Bird, Oscar, Biff, Sully, the Amazing Mumford, Luis, Maria, Susan, Bob, and Willy! Plus, Herbert Birdsfoot and Grover talk about the letter M, the Anything Muppet kids sing about their neighborhood, and Ernie coerces Bert into playing tag with him.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 241

Season 9: Luis and Maria’s busy day at the Fix-It Shop

Sponsors: A, M, 9

Scene 1: Luis and Maria sing a bilingual version of “Welcome” as the locals have a block party. Guests include Bob, Susan, Willy, Big Bird, and the kids. Cameos by Jerry Nelson, Richard Hunt, Debra Spinney, Emily and Jason Kingsley, and Dulcy Singer.

Muppets: Ernie asks Cookie Monster to demonstrate how to use a fork, knife, and spoon to eat a meal. Cookie simply tosses the utensils away and eats with his paws!

Cartoon: A boy assembles a red and green monster using a diagram

Film: How pizza is made

Cartoon: M is for Mailbox (speech balloon)

Cartoon: Sand M/m

Muppets/Song: Bert performs, “Doin’ the Pigeon”

Film: A conductor tells his off-key violinist to “STOP”

Cartoon: A dog drags its owner, who keeps shouting, “STOP!”

Scene 2: Luis and Maria are overwhelmed by the amount of work they have to complete at the Fix-It Shop. The Amazing Mumford comes by to fix everything with magic, but each appliance gets its sound switched (the clock plays music, the blender rings, the telephone whirs, and the radio ticks).

Cartoon: A story about a man who hates frogs, until his swamp becomes infested with flies

Muppets/Cast: Kermit and Bob give a lecture about frogs

Film: A girl puts on a coat by herself

Cartoon: An ape escapes from an “A” train

Muppets/Song: Four Anything Muppet kids sing, “Just Around the Corner”

Cartoon: A witch tells some bored kids a story with “A” words

Scene 3: Big Bird stops by with his toolbox, which has toy tools inside. As Luis and Maria identify the tools, they notice that each tool is broken, and Big Bird says that his tools need to be repaired!

Film: A crane and wrecking ball are used to demolish an old building

Muppets: Grover and Herbert Birdsfoot’s “M” lecture

Cartoon/Song: “Young McDonald Went to Town”

Film: The Mad Painter #9

Cartoon: Spanish M words

Cartoon: A girl shows how good she is at drawing buildings

Muppets: Ernie wants to play tag with Bert, but Bert wants to read. Ernie pesters Bert until Bert explodes and chases Ernie around the room to tag him. Once Bert tags Ernie, he sits down to read his book...until Ernie tags him again!

Scene 4: Bob, Susan, Oscar, and the kids talk about what it’s like to have a bad day. When one kid asserts that good days outnumber the bad ones, Oscar’s mood sours as everyone becomes more cheerful.

Cartoon: A boy tries to count to 20 while playing paddle ball, but a giant bird interrupts him

Muppets/Song: Don Music rewrites “Old McDonald Had a Farm” with help from Kermit and several farm animals

Film: A boy goes to the hospital to visit his mother and his baby sibling

Cartoon: A man presents an alligator, which starts with the letter A

Cartoon: A is for Acrobats

Muppets: The Amazing Mumford shows Grover his magic rabbit trick

Film/Song: “Take a Breath” (by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: A STOP sign commands a train to stop

Scene 5: Biff and Sully pass by and Biff offers his services to Maria and Luis. However, his efforts are less than spectacular. All the while, Sully quietly helps Luis and Maria. By the time Biff has worked through his first idea, all of Luis and Maria’s work is finished.

Cartoon: The Old Woman Who Lived in a Nine

Film: The word “stop” flashes as kids start and stop dancing

Muppets: Ernie takes his flashlight, umbrella, and bowling ball into the bath in case of a power outage, a rainstorm, and if a man asks to borrow a bowling ball to use in a tournament. Bert mocks Ernie’s wild imagination, until all of those things happen exactly as Ernie predicted!

Cartoon: Madrigal Alphabet

Scene 6: Maria and Luis close up the Fix-It Shop and walk to the bus stop as Big Bird announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Susan. CTW sign still: Maria.

CAST:
Emilio Delgado as Luis
Loretta Long as Susan
Kermit Love as Willy
Sonia Manzano as Maria
Bob McGrath as Bob

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS
Frank Oz as Cookie Monster, Grover, Bert, AMs
Jerry Nelson as the Amazing Mumford, Biff, Herbert Birdsfoot, AMs
Richard Hunt as Sully, Don Music, AMs
Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 242 features Oscar, Big Bird, the Count, SAM the Robot, David, and Luis! Plus, Kermit and Grover show the number five, Ernie cleans up in record time, and Harvey Kneeslapper attempts to pull a prank with a closet full of toys.

Sesame Street Old School 242

Season 6: The Count tries to cool off/Oscar imagines himself as a robot

Sponsors: J, P, 5

Scene 1: The Count greets the viewer on a hot day and tries to cool off. He fishes out a paper fan and tries fanning himself.

Muppets: Sesame Street News Flash - Kermit awaits the woodsman to rescue Little Red Riding Hood from the Big Bad Wolf, but a salesman and a mailman arrive instead. When the woodsman comes, Little Red and the Wolf furiously chase him for cutting down their favorite tree!

Cartoon: J is for Jam (speech balloon)

Film/Song: “Five Onstage Dancers”

Scene 2: The Count has fanned himself 1,477 times but he’s still hot. Luis suggests that he go to Hooper’s Store for a glass of water, which the Count does. After David serves him one glass, the Count drinks it and asks for another...and another...and another…

Film: The uses of water

Cartoon: The letter J (animation by the Hubleys)

Muppets: Ernie receives an emotional phone call, and as he recites the events Bert listens and reacts accordingly. When Bert asks who called, Ernie says, “I don’t know...they had the wrong number!”

Scene 3: David serves the Count his eleventh glass of water. Satisfied, the Count leaves to rest just as Luis enters. Bewildered, Luis asks David why there are so many glasses on the counter.

Cartoon: A man talks about the letter J with a jack-in-the-box, whose lid crushes him

Muppets: Kermit and Grover attempt to show how many blocks make five blocks. Grover doesn’t know how many five is, so Kermit has him go back and forth with one block from the pile until he has five, exhausting Grover in the process.

Cartoon: 2 houses plus 3 houses equal 5 houses

Cast: Bob and Luis build a train tunnel

Cartoon: A shoemaker measures people’s feet with a ruler

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper’s “OPEN” closet trick (part 1)

Film: Kids paint pictures of “P” animals on glass

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper’s “OPEN” closet trick (part 2)

Cartoon: P is for Pillow

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper’s “OPEN” closet trick (part 3)

Cartoon/Song: “1-2-3-4-5!”

Scene 4: Luis presents the letter J and names some positive J words: joy, jump rope, and jellybeans. Oscar interrupts to name some grouchy words: junk, jinx, and jalopy.

Film: A showcase of J words

Muppets: Cookie Monster goes to the bakery for something that rhymes with “buy.” (Cameo by Guy Smiley)

Film: Three dolphins jump together

Cartoon/Song: Country Fiddler - Funny Farm #5 (by Bud Luckey)

Scene 5: As SAM the Robot passes by, Oscar grumbles about how dumb robots are. SAM and the adults ask Oscar to imagine life as a robot. Oscar imagines himself as a Grouch robot who makes horrible noises, serves yucky food, gives inaccurate directions and weather forecasts, and produces excessive smoke...all of which bother the locals. Oscar: “Okay, but how is any of that different from what I usually do?” David: “He’s got a point…”

Muppets: Ernie bets Bert that he can clean the apartment in 15 seconds

Film/Song: “I’m an Aardvark”

Cartoon: What if we celebrated Valentine’s Day with chickens instead of hearts?

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #5

Cast: David goes through a series of doors marked “OPEN,” each one smaller than the one before it

Muppets/Song: The Anything Muppets sing, “J Friends”

Cartoon: Julius shows “here” and “there” (animation by Cliff Roberts)

Film: Kids watch as construction workers paint a “5” on the street with a stencil

Cartoon: The “J” story (“Don’t jive a judge by jamming a junebug!”)

Scene 6: David, Luis, and the kids watch as Alphabet Bates sky-writes the letters J and P.

Cartoon: A short poem about a pirate and his puppy (P words)

Muppets: Grover and Herry Monster teach Billy Monster about “here” and “there”

Transition: Bricks are laid on the screen

Scene 7: Big Bird demonstrates “here” and “there” by running across Sesame Street and tiring himself out. He finally decides to show “awake” and “asleep.” As he dozes off, Luis quietly announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Bob and Susan. CTW sign still: Grover and Cookie Monster.

CAST:
Emilio Delgado as Luis
Bob McGrath as Bob

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:
Frank Oz as Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, Harvey Kneeslapper, AMs
Jerry Nelson as the Count, SAM the Robot, Herry Monster, AMs
Richard Hunt as AMs
Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, Guy Smiley, AMs