COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

Any Del

Reaction score
Governor of NY mentioned NY would reopen starting June 13th, but I doubt it would happen as he would most likely extend it.

But it's better to be safe than sorry.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I think enough people will err on the side of safety. Keep the masks on and social distance whenever possible.
Yes, there’s always a risk cases may spike again, but the country can’t afford to stay locked down forever.
Close to 40 million unemployed, the government can’t keep cutting checks to cover everybody. Maybe another month or so, but we can’t afford to go deeper in debt without having some revenue stream coming in.

There is some good news. We may see a vaccine sooner than expected, and there’s no shortage of volunteers to try it out. And as soon as we can reopen, the economy may rebound quite quickly. And that will have repercussions around the world. If America does better, the world does better.

Grumpo

Reaction score

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Governor of NY mentioned NY would reopen starting June 13th, but I doubt it would happen as he would most likely extend it.

But it's better to be safe than sorry.
And I won’t be surprised if he ends up extending it.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I go back to work on June 8th with limited hours. On the one hand, I’m happy to go back and thankful I still have a job, but I’m still really scared I still might get the virus even if I take protective measures which will be talked about when I go to work.

MWoO

Reaction score
My company furloughed us for a month or so and brought us back this week starting with managers. Then they decided to bring everyone back. Then they realized they can't do that so after re-orientation they sent most people home.

So basically, our staff, who was collecting a lot more on unemployment, was taken off unemployment, told to take mass transit in NYC to come to work, to be told to go home, to be paid by the company to stay home, to collect far less money. We just screwed over a lot of people.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I go back to work on June 8th with limited hours. On the one hand, I’m happy to go back and thankful I still have a job, but I’m still really scared I still might get the virus even if I take protective measures which will be talked about when I go to work.
I can understand your being scared. But unless you’re old like me and have a pre-existing condition (diabetes, asthma), chances are good you won’t get it, much less die from it. And as was mentioned before, the more people start going out again, the more we build up herd immunity. The same way you might have flu-like symptoms, but it won’t be severe enough to kill you.

What the media has done for the past two months is stoke fear. Take one step outside, you’re dead. Still keep your mask on, keep your distance from people keep washing your hands, and we’ll get through this.

But don’t give in to fear. That will kill you faster than any virus.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Our Governor Murphy is finally opening up houses of worship too.
Last weekend there was a church not far from me that opened. They got served with a citation. The church fired back with a lawsuit against the governor for infringing on constitutional rights. Meanwhile houses of worship are closed yet licquor stores and marijuana dispensaries are open.
Other churches plan to open, and if the governor cites them, they’ll sue him back.
Murphy can’t afford any bad publicity, so he set the opening date for June 12. The mosques can open that Friday, synagogues on Saturday, churches on Sunday.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One thing I've come to realize about this pandemic is that it's actually supplied material for the cast of characters from my old webcomic mini-series from almost a decade ago to provide social commentary and public service announcements. . . .