Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
When they protested peacefully, the right had issues with it because they were, "being disrespectful" to a piece of cloth, a song, and the ground.

Now that they're rioting, the right has issues with it because they're destroying property, looting, and burning cities to the ground.

So, apparently, this is how the right says they need to it: write letters to their local police departments. Yeah, because I'm sure that won't fall on deaf ears at all.
I have no problem with anyone protesting. That is a constitutional right I’ll defend to my dying day.

However, once you start destroying property and stealing, you’re asking, no, begging for trouble.

There have been protests that start peacefully, but then violent people join in, or people who have no business being there at all, and that’s where trouble starts. Then the message of the peaceful protesters, those that want change, gets undermined.

What raises my eyebrows, is that in many cities, once the rioting starts, nothing is done to stop it.

The most notorious riots in recent memory was Watts in 1965. 34 dead, a thousand injured, four thousand arrested, untold millions in damages,
this section of LA burned for a week.
It was staggering.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Rhode Island’s Phase 2 started today, and we still aren’t even on Phase 2 yet when we should be.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
When they protested peacefully, the right had issues with it because they were, "being disrespectful" to a piece of cloth, a song, and the ground.

Now that they're rioting, the right has issues with it because they're destroying property, looting, and burning cities to the ground.

So, apparently, this is how the right says they need to it: write letters to their local police departments. Yeah, because I'm sure that won't fall on deaf ears at all.
So your telling me the left doesn't have issues with the rioting?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Mere words cannot describe how absolutely appauling this is:
I seen this on facebook yesterday, If these two are high school kids, then they need to be expelled asap, if these two are college kids, then they need to be expelled asap. Whoever they are, I hope that they know that this is not funny, and that people are not amused about this.

Any Del

Reaction score
Now Governor Cuomo places a curfew for New York City: 11pm - 5am

gravy

Reaction score
new independent autopsy ordered by george floyd's family showed he died of asphyxia from neck & back compression that led to a lack of blood flow to the brain. this challenges the statement from the county medical examiner's initial report which i'm sure you've all heard. thoughts?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
new independent autopsy ordered by george floyd's family showed he died of asphyxia from neck & back compression that led to a lack of blood flow to the brain. this challenges the statement from the county medical examiner's initial report which i'm sure you've all heard. thoughts?
How does it challenge the county medical examiners report? Both ruled that he died as a result of homicide. I'm not a medical examiner nor do I have a medical degree so I can't really comment further on the technical terminology and details. Do you have a better knowledge of it? If so, I'd like to hear your opinion. I'm not aware of any controversy regarding the autopsy report.