Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Right, it's just racism.

Please tell me you don't think black people can be racist....
Black people can't be racist. There is a distinct difference between "racism" and "prejudice". I suppose black people can be prejudice against white people, but even then it is NOTHING compared to the racism that black people experience on a daily basis. Racism is prejudice PLUS power. White people have power, they've always had power in the relationship between white and black. White people haven't been systemically oppressed the way black people have been. That's why they have white privilege. Please educate yourself in this matter because it's making you seem very ignorant.

MWoO

Reaction score
I’m running the numbers to what MWoO posted early on in this thread.

331 whites killed by police in 2019
————————————————
White population ~197,181,177
= .000168% of white pop. killed by cops

212 blacks killed by police in 2019
————————————————
Black population ~42mil
= .000505% of black pop. killed by cops

That means you are three times more likely to be killed by a cop if you are black than if you’re white. Maybe it’s technically a rarity, but when you’re dealing with human life, even rarities become big issues.
Yes, each case of human life lost is a big issue. But they are still rare and not the norm which is my entire point. They way the media covers these stories, you would think tens of thousands of people were killed by cops each year when that is not the case.

It is one thing to say this nation in racist and needs to be torn down. It is another to say this nation has made progress, but we still have work to be done to make things better.

There have been tremendous strides in making things better for decades. 60 years ago people of different races couldn't even use the same water fountain. 60 years ago George Floyd's death would have gone unnoticed and the cop wouldn't have even been fired, let alone faced charges.

Also, if a cop has 18 complaints on his official record and is still kept on the force, I think that’s extremely telling about the issues the police system in America has. Just food for thought.
And we agree on this. Cops should not be kept on the job if they are unfit. The unions keep unfit cops on the job and out protections in place that allow bad cops to stay employed.

MWoO

Reaction score
Black people can't be racist. There is a distinct difference between "racism" and "prejudice". I suppose black people can be prejudice against white people, but even then it is NOTHING compared to the racism that black people experience. Racism is prejudice PLUS power. White people have power, they've always had power in the relationship between white and black. White people haven't been systemically oppressed the way black people have been. Please educate yourself in this matter because it's making you seem very ignorant.
Your user name makes sense now because you really are a fool.

You are telling me that white people automatically have power because they are white? So I have more power than say.... Obama? Or Oprah? Or Al Sharpton? Or any other number of rich powerful black people? Really? I have more power than them?

A person of any race can be racist. All it takes to be racist is to hate someone for the color of their skin. Saying only white people can be racist is such a divisive thing to say it is unreal anyone even really thinks that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Please tell me you don't think black people can be racist....
Okay . . . I will respond to you with this:

Several years ago, one of these trashy reality shows on TV had an interesting episode. I think it was WIFE SWAP, or something like that. Anyway, the wife in question on this particular episode was the infamous "God-Warrior," that loud white lady who made your typical Bible Thumpers look like little church mice. She was swapped with a small black family in the deep south, where the entire time, the husband made her feel like absolute crap for being white, as he continuously ranted about, "white people this," and "white people that." She even asked him at one point if he's prejudice against white people, but his response was, "I'm prejudice for black people."

At one point in the episode, they had a family cook-out with relatives who came to visit, and they were appauled by his behavior, even to the point that he drove her to tears, and out of the house, while he mocked and humiliated her the entire time. The guy usually went by an African name (I remember it being "Abassi," because I thought it seemed fitting since he seemed so bossy), but one of the relatives called him out by a more American-sounding name ("Conrad"), taking him out into the yard, and giving him a dressing down. I honestly couldn't understand what they were saying to each other, because it was mostly said in "ebonics," but one thing I did discern from their conversation was the relative telling point-blank: "you bein' black for the wrong reasons!"

So, yes, black people can be racist against white people, but Abassi/Conrad had an interesting point with his justification in being prejudice for black people, which was essentially kind of like a BLM attitude before BLM was even a thing . . . no, it didn't excuse his behavior, nor did it give him a freepass for treating "God-Warrior" like absolute crap because she was white - again, his own relatives called him out on this.

That being said, you both are right. You are right in that black people can be racist against white people, but Tai is also right in that there is no such thing as "reverse racism," because, as you say, racism is racism, regardless of which race it's against, period. However, you can't take one example of one specific display of racism, and claim, "this is what true/real racism in America looks like," as Fox News has done in the past. Case in point: the time a young bi-racial boy was lured to a party by three white teens, who attempted to lynch him from a tree - that was all over the news, but at the same time, Fox News chose to focus on a black rapper who made a music video depicting the lynching of white boys from a tree, and tell its viewers, "See? This is what real racism in America looks like!"

MWoO

Reaction score
Yeah! It's the unions! Not corrupt law enforcement!
Holly crap, missed the point much?

It's a combination of corrupt police being protected by their unions and being kept on the force when they are unfit. These are not two separate entities.

MWoO

Reaction score
Okay . . . I will respond to you with this:

Several years ago, one of these trashy reality shows on TV had an interesting episode. I think it was WIFE SWAP, or something like that. Anyway, the wife in question on this particular episode was the infamous "God-Warrior," that loud white lady who made your typical Bible Thumpers look like little church mice. She was swapped with a small black family in the deep south, where the entire time, the husband made her feel like absolute crap for being white, as he continuously ranted about, "white people this," and "white people that." She even asked him at one point if he's prejudice against white people, but his response was, "I'm prejudice for black people."

At one point in the episode, they had a family cook-out with relatives who came to visit, and they were appauled by his behavior, even to the point that he drove her to tears, and out of the house, while he mocked and humiliated her the entire time. The guy usually went by an African name (I remember it being "Abassi," because I thought it seemed fitting since he seemed so bossy), but one of the relatives called him out by a more American-sounding name ("Conrad"), taking him out into the yard, and giving him a dressing down. I honestly couldn't understand what they were saying to each other, because it was mostly said in "ebonics," but one thing I did discern from their conversation was the relative telling point-blank: "you bein' black for the wrong reasons!"

So, yes, black people can be racist against white people, but Abassi/Conrad had an interesting point with his justification in being prejudice for black people, which was essentially kind of like a BLM attitude before BLM was even a thing . . . no, it didn't excuse his behavior, nor did it give him a freepass for treating "God-Warrior" like absolute crap because she was white - again, his own relatives called him out on this.

That being said, you both are right. You are right in that black people can be racist against white people, but Tai is also right in that there is no such thing as "reverse racism," because, as you say, racism is racism, regardless of which race it's against, period. However, you can't take one example of one specific display of racism, and claim, "this is what true/real racism in America looks like," as Fox News has done in the past. Case in point: the time a young bi-racial boy was lured to a party by three white teens, who attempted to lynch him from a tree - that was all over the news, but at the same time, Fox News chose to focus on a black rapper who made a music video depicting the lynching of white boys from a tree, and tell its viewers, "See? This is what real racism in America looks like!"
Got to admit, I did not expect us to agree on something here.

The idea of "reverse racism" or that "only white people can be racist" only serves to divide.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I've said my part earlier and nobody is going to change anyone's mind here by arguing and name calling. But some of you seem to justify the rioting. I'm sorry. But there is absolutely NO excuse for the looting, stealing, arson and other crimes. These people could care less about the death of George Floyd. I'm not sure how anyone can justify it. Protest til your voice and body gives out. Systemic racism needs to be addressed. But the rioting (vs. protesting) sets the cause back. The focus is no longer on the death of George Floyd or any of the other black lives lost. It's now on what store front got broken in to. How many police cruisers got vandalized or lit on fire. Watch the news. What are they talking about?

Last edited: